Non-Scale Victories (NSV) - Care to share? Vol II

Options

Replies

• DaniKenmir
    DaniKenmir Posts: 387 Member
    Options
    My Australian size 8 (US 4 I think) clothes are fitting me comfortably again! I don't feel constricted when I wear them and the ones that were too tight are now almost perfect :smile:
    size 8? That's amazing I haven't been an 8 since I was 15! Well done =)
  • Joneisha07
    Joneisha07 Posts: 49
    Options
    Today I cleaned out my closet. No more big frumpy clothes for me, so theres no turning back! :)
  • Djones07
    Djones07 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    The dress that was tight at my friends wedding last summer slipped on without unzipping the back, the coat I couldn't button at all this winter-- now buttons on all four buttons, my capri pants are very loose, and my swimming suit is almost unwearable... next summer is going to be an entirely new adventure for me. Winter will be nice too... i'm almost excited to wear some of the cute coats I have that I couldn't wear last winter!
  • lengirl75
    lengirl75 Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    I shave 6 minutes off my 2 mile time tonight.. I went from jogging 15 minute miles to jogging 12 minute miles. I haven't the foggiest idea how but I'm totally psyched!
    Yeah! Congrats!!!
  • NitroxBoss
    NitroxBoss Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I started this new life in a size 42 jeans.

Today = Size 34

If I get to size 32 I will just assume I was in a horrible accident and I am in a medically induced coma, last time I was in size 32 jeans was 9th grade. I am 50 now. LOL
  • islandgirl1984
    islandgirl1984 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    I lost and inch in my hips.

There was a time when I could do 20 plus push-ups and I can do 5 non-girly ones again!

My abs are sore for the first time in a long time. I lost a lot of feeling after my c-section. Making progress.
  • milkandtea
    milkandtea Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    When I was checking out at the store, I went to put my phone into my pocket. My pocket was WAY further down than it should've been and I froze when I realized that my pants had been slipping down! They were snug about month ago.

I have another pair of jeans in the next size down that I've been trying on every few weeks. 6 weeks ago, I couldn't pull them above my thighs. Last night, I was able to get them on all the way. They're still a little too tight to wear out (slight muffin top) but I was just thrilled to actually be in them.

The scale has been kind of slow over the past month or so but I'm seeing a sudden change in my inches which is what's important.

Yay!
  • vampiresdontsparkle
    vampiresdontsparkle Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I weigh less the my partner :) And he can now pick me up easy as.
    Makes me feel like a woman and not like a cow.

this is what i want!!!
  • SandraD89
    SandraD89 Posts: 809
    Options
    When I was checking out at the store, I went to put my phone into my pocket. My pocket was WAY further down than it should've been and I froze when I realized that my pants had been slipping down! They were snug about month ago.

I have another pair of jeans in the next size down that I've been trying on every few weeks. 6 weeks ago, I couldn't pull them above my thighs. Last night, I was able to get them on all the way. They're still a little too tight to wear out (slight muffin top) but I was just thrilled to actually be in them.

The scale has been kind of slow over the past month or so but I'm seeing a sudden change in my inches which is what's important.

Yay!
    I love that feeling i have two pair of pants that i want to fit in so bad. I can pull them up but they wont button yet, and the pants i wore in high school are loose on me.
  • SuperSexyDork
    SuperSexyDork Posts: 1,669 Member
    Options
    I shave 6 minutes off my 2 mile time tonight.. I went from jogging 15 minute miles to jogging 12 minute miles. I haven't the foggiest idea how but I'm totally psyched!
    Yeah! Congrats!!!

Thank you! It felt quite amazing!
  • xoyasminxo
    xoyasminxo Posts: 132
    Options
    I can finally do one leg squats! and 2 consecutive pull ups and can now see the lower 2 abs!
  • KINGoftheBUFF
    KINGoftheBUFF Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    I'm 215lb in my avatar picture....acording to the BMI - I'm Obese class II...you be the judge if the scale is everything.
  • hmuh
    hmuh Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    This is such a great thread! I just got all frustrated with my scale and need to remember that...
    - I actually look forward to working out now.
    - I can do real push-ups!
    - my asthma has gotten much better
    - I've got "nice skin showing", said the elderly lady at the pool yesterday. LOL
    - I've maintained my original goal weight for over 18 months

All good things on here! Keep it up everybody!
  • 21stcenturyfox
    Options
    today instead of skipping breakfast I ate half a grapefruit (always heard how good it is for you but never tried it...) and then instead of giving into my mid-morning cravings for something salty and carby I am currently sipping on a steaming mug of Yogi Blueberry Green Tea!

Healthy choices FTW!
  • NitroxBoss
    NitroxBoss Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    @ SirLukas - Those BMI charts are a hoot, good luck at the competition! Take it down for all of us here on MFP.
  • sarahball386
    Options
    I thought I would share my latest "NSVs": a regular sized bath towel wraps around me now! There isn’t a HUGE overlap or anything but considering how the only thing a bath towel used to could wrap around was my hair; it’s pretty cool!!! AND I got TONS of complements today while out getting dinner. OH! AND I only tried something new today; usually I get a foot long at Subway but have been getting pretty full about ¾ the way through. So today I bought my usual foot long, ate half earlier and put the other half away for dinner. It TOTALLY worked! I saved myself calories by not gorging them all down in one meal just to get hungry again later! Although I will say I don’t recommend buying the foot long and saving half… turkey breast and ham does NOT taste good reheated! LOL!! Plus, today was the first day.... EVER I walked up stairs without holding the railing!! :D
  • ashleyconstantine
    ashleyconstantine Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Had my daughter 3 weeks ago, via c-section, and can fit into the pants I had before I got pregnant, and they fit better! :D
  • paradigmsubversion
    paradigmsubversion Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Since I started doing 30DS, I stand up and walk straighter- my posture is better! Regardless on it if actually results in weight loss of inches off, having better posture makes me walk tall, and look better all over.

Also, my biceps are super-strong now, and I'm not even halfway done. Love the muscle definition!
  • cindyhoney2
    cindyhoney2 Posts: 603 Member
    Options
    I love reading everyones NSV! So inspiring.

I have bi-ceps for the first time in my life! I can actually do a push up!

I am smaller than all of my 'skinny' clothes. I'm talking things I have held onto for 8 years and it either fits or is almost too big.

I enjoy exercising now...never thought that would happen, I look forward to it now.

I am constantly checking my core...thanks Shawn T.

I no longer eat fast food and I used to be known for putting down some Mc Donalds fries...no more!
  • derpina88
    derpina88 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Ok... I'm not sure if this counts but today I got home from a day with a girl friend who is a very bad influence on me food wise! I said no to her french fries at lunch and her milkshake later in the day. When I got home and cooked dinner I logged all my calories. It turns out that even with my best intentions I was about 150 calories over my daily budget. Now here is the CRAZY part, instead of saying "f*** it" and gorging on my boyfriends little debbies like usual, i WENT FOR A JOG. I cannot tell you how out of character that is for me but it is all because of MFP. I wasn't planning on working out today but I feel amazing. Much better than Little Debbies!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!