Non-Scale Victories (NSV) - Care to share? Vol II

Options

Replies

• AllieBug25
    AllieBug25 Posts: 61
    Options
    I bought a pair of shorts a longgggg time ago and they never fit, but recently I can fit into them AND they are a little loose now. :)
    I have a new lifestyle routine of going to the gym between 9:00 and 9:30 am every morning. Before, I hated going. Now I love it.
    I can't wear my boyfriend's clothes anymore because they're all too big. <3
  • bfeusner
    bfeusner Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    1) I walked/jogged 3.5 miles this week for the first time in over five years!

2) I am struggling to hit my daily net caloric intake goal because I've learned to find healthy food options.

3) I have only ate McDonalds once since I began 11 days ago...I used to eat McDonalds at least twice a day everyday!
  • Trishajac
    Trishajac Posts: 482 Member
    Options
    1) I walked/jogged 3.5 miles this week for the first time in over five years!

2) I am struggling to hit my daily net caloric intake goal because I've learned to find healthy food options.

3) I have only ate McDonalds once since I began 11 days ago...I used to eat McDonalds at least twice a day everyday!

Awesome changes!! good for you!
  • jenaissance
    jenaissance Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    my skin tight spandex workout pants are now baggy at the waist and knees
    I no longer get winded carrying the groceries in (we live across the parking lot and 3 flights down from the car)
    I can lift my 60lb. son to hug him tight and he feels light (he's been "too heavy" to pick up for the past 4 years)
    none of my shorts are tight at the leg anymore (I've lost 4 inches around my thighs).

all this, with no weight lost in the last three months :)
  • Trishajac
    Options
    :flowerforyou: NSV - Just moved into a new home, and logged every day!!! That is such a victory!
  • Trishajac
    Options
    :flowerforyou: NSV - Just moved into a new home, and logged every day!!! That is such a victory!

Meant to add.... the calories burned while packing, moving, loading, unloading boxes, etc....was incredible!! Don't forget to count that exercise!
  • Yoshimi1977
    Yoshimi1977 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    i realized one day i kinda enjoy doing burpies..

Whoa, let's not start talking crazy now.

I'm not sure if this qualifies as an NSV, but it made me smile. I went for a massage today, after my first week of P90X, and the (HOT) massage therapist was like, I see you're doing your push-ups, good girl. Then when he moved down to my quads, he said wow you run too!? VERY good girl!

Awesome.

That IS awesome... I would be smiling all over the place! Good feeling :-)
  • ValerieMartini2Olives
    ValerieMartini2Olives Posts: 3,041 Member
    Options
    A ring I wore since I was 14 became too big to wear.

The jeans I could no longer pull up... I put them on without a struggle.

I rode over 20 miles on my bicycle.

I have logged well over 300 miles on my bicycles this year.
  • owl92
    owl92 Posts: 74
    Options
    Im ditching the scale. we should all ditch it for 2 months then step on. 2 months and there will be a loss no matter what as long as you dont binge eat frequently.

i think not binge eating is a big mental challenge most days of the week and the scale being the same or moving up 1 or down none can make us quit it because we see we havent accomplished as usual. Lets do it different !
  • Yoshimi1977
    Yoshimi1977 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    These all happened in rather quick succession....

1. I had to go shopping for a belt because my pants are falling down.

2. When walking into the store, got checked out by a guy on a motorcycle who then nearly missed his stop sign :-)

3. I fit into (and so therefore bought) a Large blouse instead of XL or more recently (before MFP) XXL
  • Nteeter
    Nteeter Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    Running late for work today (cause I was working out) Went to grab a pair of pants that fit.... couldn't find them. CRAP I didn't have time for this. So I grabbed the most recent old skinny pants and put them on....HUGE!!! found my trust belt and went to tighten it, no holes. Belt was also to big, GAR running even later...then I remembered, My old Fat Boy Belt that stretches out when you get bigger but it also cinches tighter :). Put it on cinched it tight and there was like a foot and a half of belt left over...Put on my big smile, tucked the belt back around and went to work. Didn't care if I was late, plus I'm down to 229, broke the 230's :)
  • SandraD89
    SandraD89 Posts: 809
    Options
    Running late for work today (cause I was working out) Went to grab a pair of pants that fit.... couldn't find them. CRAP I didn't have time for this. So I grabbed the most recent old skinny pants and put them on....HUGE!!! found my trust belt and went to tighten it, no holes. Belt was also to big, GAR running even later...then I remembered, My old Fat Boy Belt that stretches out when you get bigger but it also cinches tighter :). Put it on cinched it tight and there was like a foot and a half of belt left over...Put on my big smile, tucked the belt back around and went to work. Didn't care if I was late, plus I'm down to 229, broke the 230's :)
    I bet that was an awesome feeling even though you were late for work. :)
  • Cappicorn
    Cappicorn Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    I can walk on my tiptoes around the house for an extended length of time, I was too heavy and didn't have the muscle to do it before.

Also, my wedding ring is fitting better.
  • desert_rhino
    desert_rhino Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Last night I went to try on some pants that I haven't been able to wear in about 3 years, just to see how far I had to go. I wore them out last night. All of my current good belts are out of holes. My "good" belt cinches about 2 holes tighter than its current last hole.

Yesterday I went to the gym and warmed up, then started running (about 9:55 pace, 6.1 mph or so). Got past 1/4 mile (most recent "high")... passed 1/2 and 3/4 miles... ran a whole mile. Then sprinted 100 yards. Went on to run another couple of half miles, and an eighth, amidst walking and some sprints. Total of 3.5 miles. Yay!

Have to fold "darts" in my shirts at the side to avoid bunching in the front and back.
  • dogacreek
    dogacreek Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    My most recent NSV - taking my 7th 30-gallon tote full of clothes to Goodwill today! Love it! :happy:
  • SpanishRapunzel
    SpanishRapunzel Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    My 2nd chin is GONE ^_^
  • SandraD89
    SandraD89 Posts: 809
    Options
    I fit into a size small shirt. :)
  • melodiclyrics
    melodiclyrics Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    My husband told me that my legs are feeling firmer.
    My pants are fitting nicely - almost loose. In a few more pounds I'll have to buy some new ones.
    I feel more energetic.
    I haven't broken my chain for workouts.
    I don't have to be cajoled into working out...I do it on my own.
    Food is definitely more of a necessity than a pleasure for me now. My relationship with food has improved radically.
  • Lynxie83
    Lynxie83 Posts: 246
    Options
    I even surprised my PT with my latest measurement loss! 16.5cms in 4 weeks! :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile:
  • LeeshaNichole
    LeeshaNichole Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    This probably sounds silly to everyone else but the other day when I was walking into the store I looked down and all I could see was my breasts NOT my stomach! I don't know how many years it has been since that my stomach didn't stick out further then my breasts! This was a huge deal to me!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!