Non-Scale Victories (NSV) - Care to share? Vol II

Options

Replies

• Sandyrocks82
    Options
    This is my first NSV. Usually during my periods, I crave junk food and binge on it. Today, I had the craving due to chums and emotional issues (Hubby is having small issue related to hernia). I didnt give into binging. Instead, I had a fat free plain yogurt and drank a bottle of water. The craving subsided. It is such a nice feeling to exercise self control and will power. I feel, I have broken free for first time.

WOWWWWWIWEEEE~ Well done this is such a HUGE NSV!! I am a huge Pms eater and emotional eater, same thing a guess Its the one thing i am struggling to gain control over!

Thank you so much!!
  • ClairBears84
    ClairBears84 Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    I want to be healthy and I want to be fit! I want to make the healthy choices without having to give it too much thought1 , I want to live a good life and look after my body!

TODAY was the first day in my life that I did that I made a choice about lunch with really thinking about it! I made an amazing cous-cous tuna salad for lunch, and without thinking I only put in half a tin of tuna and packed the other away for tomorrow, same with the avo I normally use 1/2 I only used 1/4!

I know it seems small but these are things that are so important to me!

DIVINE Recipe: (out my head)
    50g cous cous ( dry weight) cooked and cooled
    60g tuna
    1/4 med avo
    3 med gerkins
    coriander to taste
    salt
    cayene pepper

Made a delish lunch!
  • phenixred
    phenixred Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I'm so excited I have to share my NSV with total strangers. Here it is. Small background. I stared doing this a month and a half ago. I gained 8 pounds when i started and lost 4 of them. I lost 4 inches all the way around in a month in a half. I have been getting discouraged with the gain, BUT yesterday I noticed 2 things.

1) My stomach dosent hit the steering wheel anymore and i can fit my hand in the space. I am the only person who drives my car and I never move the seat.

2) For the first time in 20 years, I COULD TIE A BEACH TOWEL AROUND MY WAIST AGAIN!

thanks for listening.
  • jfrankic
    jfrankic Posts: 747 Member
    Options
    I can feel my husbands arms wrap so much more around me when we hug. I love getting his hugs and they are even better when I am more enveloped in his arms.
  • Trishajac
    Trishajac Posts: 482 Member
    Options
    latest one - off work for the next couple of months - vacation time - high humidity (high 30's/low 40's).... so trying to get out early to get a walk in..... - managed to walk every day this week! :flowerforyou:
  • Catie_v2
    Catie_v2 Posts: 67
    Options
    Went out to dinner - ordered from the low-cal menu, only used half of the low fat dressing, skipped dessert and then went for a walk! Yayyyy me :)
  • Lynxie83
    Lynxie83 Posts: 246
    Options
    Bought, not one, but two pairs of size 16 jeans today!! I haven't been in a size 16 since before 2007!

No more Size 20 pants for me!!! :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile:
  • PrincessMom08
    PrincessMom08 Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    My biggest victories non-scale are I'm in much better health than I was for starters. Walking to the end of my road, which is slightly uphill and steeper in spots...used to exhaust me. I would dread walking up to the restaurant with my kids. Now I can power walk the entire road, plus around the shopping complex and back with ease and in under an hour. Also I've went from a size 18-20 pants to a 12 in less than 3 months. I can't wait to see how far I get!
  • Trishajac
    Options
    :flowerforyou: bump
  • tlc12078
    tlc12078 Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    I only get weighed at the docs, n I was measuring myself weekly but gave that up, idk just got bored of it, n if I dont do it I wont obsess. But my bfs mother took a pic of me, which I didnt want to yet, but I do see a slight difference.
  • the_great_unknown
    the_great_unknown Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    I was loading up the leg press at the gym with 250kgs. A man came up and said "Thats alot of weight, its nice of you to load up for your partner..." I just smiled and said "No, actually this is my warm up weight" and continued on to do 4 amazing sets of 10 right in front of him. :D

I love this!

My NSV- Nothing to wear because my clothes are too big. Lots of compliments on my progress when I go to my office.
  • LarStar
    LarStar Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    I CAN SEE MY COLLAR BONE AGAIN!!!! *Dances*
  • Trishajac
    Options
    bump :flowerforyou:
  • Trishajac
    Options
    I was just re-reading the wonderful NSV posts ..... and they are amazing ... so all of you who have shared.... THANKS alot!!

Awesome everyone! :flowerforyou:
  • crzyone
    crzyone Posts: 872 Member
    Options
    I like the way smaller clothes feel lighter!!! (Have you ever thought about it? The larger someone is, the more material/cloth there is in the piece of clothing so the more it weights. I never really thought about how weighted down I feel from having to wear larger sizes. It makes me feel like dancing and I can't imagine what it must be like to wear even smaller clothes; I've only lost two clothing sizes and they are still on the obese scale,.)
  • Trishajac
    Options
    bump :flowerforyou:

was looking for some positive vibes this morning and re-read many of these entries.....
  • Trishajac
    Options
    :flowerforyou:
    Asking about the couch to 5K app today - may try this ..... any thoughts my NSV buddies??
  • dorkboi
    dorkboi Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    Went shopping for some new shorts for our trip to Florida.....I started in a very snug 42. Today, 30 lbs later, I bought a 36 and I do believe I need a belt!! :)
  • onyxgirl17
    onyxgirl17 Posts: 1,721 Member
    Options
    I fit nicely into a pair of dic*ies that I was busting out of 3 months ago. :)
  • SuperSexyDork
    SuperSexyDork Posts: 1,669 Member
    Options
    I shave 6 minutes off my 2 mile time tonight.. I went from jogging 15 minute miles to jogging 12 minute miles. I haven't the foggiest idea how but I'm totally psyched!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!