Non-Scale Victories (NSV) - Care to share? Vol II

Options

Replies

• SpanishRapunzel
    SpanishRapunzel Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Out of the mouth of babes :) It's been years since I felt like I even had the possibility of becoming attractive, but today my 18-month-old saw Rachael Leigh Cook (she's all that) and over and over again said "mama? Mama?" Best compliment I've ever gotten! :)
  • Jishmeister
    Jishmeister Posts: 108
    Options
    My jeans are getting baggy!

My walking speed has been increasing all on its own, so now I can walk faster without getting as tired.
  • CassieReannan
    CassieReannan Posts: 1,479 Member
    Options
    Since April 1st, I have recorded 118.94km in 39 hours and 20 minutes of walking.

I have not eaten McDonalds, pasta or white rice since February.

I have thrown out both my bra extenders.

I am not as puffed as I used to be on my walks.

I have recently started to jog, I havent ran since I was 12.

I am excited about exercise.
  • Sandyrocks82
    Options
    This is my first NSV. Usually during my periods, I crave junk food and binge on it. Today, I had the craving due to chums and emotional issues (Hubby is having small issue related to hernia). I didnt give into binging. Instead, I had a fat free plain yogurt and drank a bottle of water. The craving subsided. It is such a nice feeling to exercise self control and will power. I feel, I have broken free for first time.
  • FruitLoop05317
    Options
    ok may sound silly, but...
    when i first started losing weight my mom sent me 5 pairs of like super expensive jeans. 4 or them fit and one of them would not even come over my butt. so i put them away. while digging through some clothes tonight i found them. i figured id try them but didnt think there would be a difference as i have gained some wieght back and am slowly taking it off again. well much to my surprise not only did they come over my butt, they are about a half an inch from buttoning!! i was super excited!!!!
  • SandraD89
    SandraD89 Posts: 809
    Options
    ok may sound silly, but...
    when i first started losing weight my mom sent me 5 pairs of like super expensive jeans. 4 or them fit and one of them would not even come over my butt. so i put them away. while digging through some clothes tonight i found them. i figured id try them but didnt think there would be a difference as i have gained some wieght back and am slowly taking it off again. well much to my surprise not only did they come over my butt, they are about a half an inch from buttoning!! i was super excited!!!!
    Yay I have two pairs of pants like that all the others are getting big even my size 6's. It's crazy how the body works.
  • Hoakiebs
    Hoakiebs Posts: 430 Member
    Options
    Actually bought 34 waist pants (started at "stretching out" 40s). Felt good.
  • phxJames
    phxJames Posts: 20
    Options
    For the first time in years, I can crawl on the bottom of the swimming pool without buoyancy pulling me to the top immediately.
  • PlumeriaToo
    PlumeriaToo Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    I was shopping for a outfit yesterday and had asked the clerk if she would help me put something together. She was very helpful, more than she knows. As she was flipping through the hangers looking for something to go with the skirt, I heard her say under her breath as she pulled out one of the tops, "No, that will be too big for you." Too BIg for me? Wow, I hadn't heard that phrase in years. Thanks MFPals. You are all helping me reach my goal. :flowerforyou:
  • MessyLittlePanda
    MessyLittlePanda Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    Rode the 30 mile round trip to work 13 mins quicker than the first week I did it and haven't been nearly as tired the day after

Increased my Body Pump weights last week for the first time :)
  • ClairBears84
    ClairBears84 Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    1. My collar bones are starting to sneak into view! ever so slightly!

2 .I took my first "before" photos ( SCARY STUFFFF) but i did I have never been able to face up to what i have allowed myself to become I cam taking accountability for it!

3. My boyfriend wrapped his arms around me one day and said "Wow there is so much less of you"

4. I have lost 37.5cm in total in 1.5 months!
  • ClairBears84
    Options
    This is my first NSV. Usually during my periods, I crave junk food and binge on it. Today, I had the craving due to chums and emotional issues (Hubby is having small issue related to hernia). I didnt give into binging. Instead, I had a fat free plain yogurt and drank a bottle of water. The craving subsided. It is such a nice feeling to exercise self control and will power. I feel, I have broken free for first time.

WOWWWWWIWEEEE~ Well done this is such a HUGE NSV!! I am a huge Pms eater and emotional eater, same thing a guess Its the one thing i am struggling to gain control over!
  • EternalJourney
    Options
    I am 21 years old and 254 lbs now. In high school I was 310 lbs. I used to wear shorts to school that I couldn't fully do up (could only do the zipper up halfway), and the button was always left undone. Thankfully they never fell down, and no one knew I didn't have them done up because I wore baggy hoodies. Anyways, I put them on today and they fit all the way and are comftorable. I can't wait until they are too big to fit me.
  • ClairBears84
    Options
    I was loading up the leg press at the gym with 250kgs. A man came up and said "Thats alot of weight, its nice of you to load up for your partner..." I just smiled and said "No, actually this is my warm up weight" and continued on to do 4 amazing sets of 10 right in front of him. :D

WOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! I love this!
  • nayeliscastellanos
    nayeliscastellanos Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I have been working ot for the past two days. Waking up at 5:30 am! My normal schedule is at 10 am. I have had so much energy! Plus my clothes are fitting looser and my face looks slimmer. :)
  • Valley83
    Valley83 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    It's kind of a weird one but my husband said to me over the weekend that my "bum back" has disappeared. Growing up my sister and her best friend always bugged me about my "bum back" which were my love handles on my back which made it look like I had a second bum.
  • ClairBears84
    Options
    Oh and at my last zumba class even though i was very tited afterwards I felt that my kicks were higher and I was moving quicker! I am liking this! as soon as my Bronchitis is gone I am going back for some more of that action!
  • Squeeee
    Squeeee Posts: 71
    Options
    Today I busted out 30 minutes on the elliptical despite feeling like absolute poo. I still feel ill physically, but my mental state is loads better for doing it.
  • Catie_v2
    Catie_v2 Posts: 67
    Options
    i realized one day i kinda enjoy doing burpies..

Whoa, let's not start talking crazy now.

I'm not sure if this qualifies as an NSV, but it made me smile. I went for a massage today, after my first week of P90X, and the (HOT) massage therapist was like, I see you're doing your push-ups, good girl. Then when he moved down to my quads, he said wow you run too!? VERY good girl!

Awesome.

OMG - you beat me to it.....you LIKE burpies?? Good for you!!!! Don't think those words will ever come out of my mouth....even when I reach my goal :D
  • loistryin
    loistryin Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Oh my gosh, that is a great one. I just started my journey, but your post gives me hope....I can picture me now....embarassed and shall attempt to picture me in future......ahhhhh :) Thanks for posting!
    :smile:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!