Non-Scale Victories (NSV) - Care to share? Vol II

Options

Replies

• NikkiLS28
    NikkiLS28 Posts: 43
    Options
    I've only been at this for three weeks (6lbs down so far), but I had one this morning. I bought a sundress about five years ago that I adore. It fit wonderfully when I bought it, but I had gained about 25lbs since then. I tried it on last summer and it was just a little too snug around my stomach and hips that I didn't feel comfortable in it. Very sad.

This morning, I needed to dress up a little and decided to give it a shot since most of my dress clothes are for winter. I was really surprised that the 'snugness' was gone! It doesn't seem like I've lost that many inches so far, but maybe I have! :)
  • pg3ibew
    pg3ibew Posts: 1,026 Member
    Options
    I have a torn ACL in my knee. I have not been able to run for many years. I finally tried it.

Started slow. 1/2 mile at 5.5 mph.
    A month and a half later to tonight.

1 1/2 miles , Speed 6.0 to 7.0
  • ZoeyRobinson
    ZoeyRobinson Posts: 301
    Options
    I was in Switzerland hiking and I went further and faster then all the teenagers who's had to stop and tai breaks. There were at least 75 teenagers I passed. I may outweigh them all and be much shorter but as far as endurance, stamina and leg muscles I can totally kick their butts.

i haven't lost weight in awhile but my arm flab and belly chub is toning up.
  • adavis59
    adavis59 Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    I was at my boss' retirement party.I wore a cute little T- shirt( you know that this material is non-forgiving to the body) material dress with rosettes made of ribbon around the neckline and some sexy sandals by Fergie. My co- workers, male and female alike, kept pulling me to the side and telling me "Girl, You are rocking that dress". I couldn't remember when was the last time I got so many compliments about my weight loss and how I looked.
  • Kevinpcarey
    Options
    These are my favorite the NON SCALE Victories. I find these more inspiring and life changing than the success stroies :)
  • DGHayden
    DGHayden Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Today I made it all the way through P90X Yoga X for the first time since I started the program!!
  • johnm8703
    johnm8703 Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    Managed to put on a belt that when I got it for Christmas I couldn't even DREAM of getting around me. Mind you it's on the very last (or is it the first) notch....but I was so psyched that I was able to put it on and wear it through an entire work shift without cursing it!
  • teriann1979
    teriann1979 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    It was raining, and I didn't have an umbrella, and I wasn't embarrassed to be running to my car.

This!!!! I did this on last Friday & I sprinted rather than jogged :) (anything faster than my shuffle is a sprint...heheh:laugh: )
  • teriann1979
    teriann1979 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    I need to tighten the strap on my HRM :)

This was such a good feeling for me *happy dance*
  • salemnye
    salemnye Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    I got one.

I ran a 10k 1.5 weeks ago (june 9th). Monday after I decided I wanted to do a lot better. I mainly walked the 10k and I want to run it next year also I have a 5k Warrior Dash coming up this August. So Monday I started my running regimen. I did 1.75 miles in about 17 minutes, so close to 9 min a mile? I think not bad. I ran m/t took wed off th/f was slower than m/t (or so it seemed, I didn't time myself) and took the weekend off.

Yesterday I did the same 1.75 miles but I ran more instead of walking!! I was so pumped! I run by a cemetery and it's a long block it's 1.5 if not 2 blocks long and I ran it FULLY :D I was so happy. This was after I had run 2 blocks in the start. Then I normally am slower on the return run home so I pushed myself to run the last block home and I did it :D

I think yesterday was a great day :) Faster too :) I haven't checked the time yet but I know I was faster <3

Unfortunately today I have shin splints from not stretching my calf muscles yesterday after running so I'm taking for sure today and tomorrow off from running. (going to swim tho tomorrow)

so yeah my awesome NSV :)
  • Trishajac
    Trishajac Posts: 482 Member
    Options
    Awesome sharing and great NSV's..... tell your friends about this topic.... Let's see what else we can celebrate!

Reading everyone's NSV's is encouraging!!

It allows each of us to say YEH... I never thought of that... Helps us get through when the coast is up hill!

Thanks all! :flowerforyou:
  • Sassy922
    Sassy922 Posts: 399 Member
    Options
    I realized that last summer, none of my clothes fit me because they were all too small. BUT this summer none of my clothes fit me because they are all too big.
    I really need to go shopping.
  • Elif84
    Elif84 Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    I was poking around at my abs and it's beginning to feel firm...lol I know a weird NSV
  • snix1024
    snix1024 Posts: 81
    Options
    I HAVE 2

...Per my doctor, because of my weight loss and my labs coming back great and I will not have to be put on diabetic meds!! :)

...the walk that used to take me 60 min in the middle of April to complete, now only takes me 30 min to complete. woo hoo!! :)
  • teinepalagi
    teinepalagi Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    I have a couple:

1) I didn't wear spanx to work today and felt OK doing it
    2) I bought a bikini (I haven't worn one since I was 16...I am now 37)
    3) I am consistently in a size 4....this is still a little shocking to me......
  • blonde71
    blonde71 Posts: 955 Member
    Options
    1. My body fat is now below 20% - 19.4% to be exact.
    2. All of my pants now fit better in the seat and are loose in the waist due to body recomp.
    3. Many of my younger MFP friends tell me all the time how inspiring and motivating I am because I've managed to get into better shape at the age of 40.
    4. I don't avoid mirrors or cameras anymore.
  • super_jade
    super_jade Posts: 72
    Options
    I weigh less the my partner :) And he can now pick me up easy as.
    Makes me feel like a woman and not like a cow.
  • SashThompson
    SashThompson Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    I was loading up the leg press at the gym with 250kgs. A man came up and said "Thats alot of weight, its nice of you to load up for your partner..." I just smiled and said "No, actually this is my warm up weight" and continued on to do 4 amazing sets of 10 right in front of him. :D
  • PicNic00
    PicNic00 Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    I have a torn ACL in my knee. I have not been able to run for many years. I finally tried it.

Started slow. 1/2 mile at 5.5 mph.
    A month and a half later to tonight.

1 1/2 miles , Speed 6.0 to 7.0

Great job!!
  • PicNic00
    PicNic00 Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    5 inches off my waist in under 2 months!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!