Non-Scale Victories (NSV) - Care to share? Vol II

Options

Replies

• Brizoeller
    Brizoeller Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    Wearing shorts for the first time since I was probably 16....wearing a bikini on the beach for the first time since i was 7 lol....and being able to saw down part of a tree in my backyard (BY MYSELF!!!!) because i've gotten stronger :)
  • AnninStPaul
    AnninStPaul Posts: 1,372 Member
    Options
    It was raining, and I didn't have an umbrella, and I wasn't embarrassed to be running to my car.
  • dlyeates
    dlyeates Posts: 875 Member
    Options
    Some of these are old but I have to remember them to stay on track......

1. I finished the C25K program and can run more than 30 minutes (ok....I'm between a 4.8 and 5.0 on the treadmill but that is running to me).

2. I've had to readjust my HRM strap at least 3 times.

3. I can run with my kids in soccer and race my 6 year old without A) not wanting to, B) feeling too self conscious and C) being too winded!!!!

4. I take the stairs all the time at work (I'm on the 3rd floor) unless I'm carrying food or something really really heavy.

5. I bought a size L shirt off the rack at Walmart and it fit (I'm a 38 F so this still amazes me)

6. I bought a tankini which still covers all of me but makes me feel a little prettier and sexier without showing anything the world doesn't want to see.

7. I'm in size 12 pants for like the 2nds time in my married life (10 1/2 years).

8. I realized that I'm worth the sacrifices I'm making and most of the time am able to be strong in my will power because I know I'm worth it (not always and I make bad choices too but this is huge for me).

9. Knowing I'm not on a diet, that I'm creating a healthier lifestyle and that this will affect my children in a totally positive way!!!!

10. Am wearing shorts this summer that I wore on my honeymoon and a couple of them are a little loose!!!
  • truebeauty76
    Options
    My pants for work today are not as tight! I feel so much better!!!
  • HisShadow
    HisShadow Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    A co-worker who has known me for years called me "skinny" today, and said I looked younger than at any time she knew me in the past.
  • Kimakazie
    Kimakazie Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    At work we have a "biggest loser" competition going on and it's mostly guys. Myself and another girl are doing it too but one rule we had was that we only show percentages so no one will actually know our weights. I keep track of everyone's weight each week so when I started I was a little disheartened to see that I was the biggest person in the office. However, this morning I weighed in less than one of the guys so I'm no longer the heaviest person here!
  • Trishajac
    Trishajac Posts: 482 Member
    Options
    I am quite new to MFP - just started in March. I have two NSV to share from the last two days!

1 - I ride my stationary bike almost every day. We went for a bike ride outside last weekend and my 27 year athletic, fit daughter could not keep up with me. She asked me to slow down several times, and needed to take extra breaks. It made me feel like my hard work is really paying off. I still have so much weight to lose, but this was one of my first non-scale victories.

2 - Since it was so nice outside yesterday, I wanted to be outside instead of in my basement riding my stationary bike. I went outside for a 3 mile walk, but ended up running part of it since I wanted to increase my heart rate. My husband had to pick his jaw up off the ground! This was a first for me in over twenty years.

I love reading all the other NSVs! Yeah!!

Waiting for more cooperative weather to get outside more too! may pick up a treadmill to help me to be more active on crappy weather days.... Good for you!!

Don't forget to check out the first volume of the NSV's... they are REALLY inspiring! :flowerforyou:
  • Trishajac
    Options
    1. I have a closet full of clothes that don't fit, even the clothes I wore in college are loose now.
    2. Don't need control top pantyhose anymore.
    3. No muffin top when I wear jeans.

So great! I can't wait until there is "no muffin top"... :flowerforyou:
  • Trishajac
    Options
    A co-worker who has known me for years called me "skinny" today, and said I looked younger than at any time she knew me in the past.

Very cool when other friends / co-workers notice... and the comment was great to hear too! Good for you! :flowerforyou:
  • ambutler0905
    Options
    Not only can I work in my garden all day without needing to sit down and rest. I can actually weed like a normal person. I can remember when used to have to lay down on my stomach to weed my garden. Now not only am I not sitting or knealing, I'm bending over and pulling those darn weeds out will all my might.
  • BobzStuff
    BobzStuff Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    Each day I don't use my scale I'm realizing how important the NSVs are. I like that I can feel the difference in myself instead of being imprisioned by a number.
    Today I got all fruit on my froyo instead of the piles of crap I use to put on it.
  • Trishajac
    Options
    Each day I don't use my scale I'm realizing how important the NSVs are. I like that I can feel the difference in myself instead of being imprisioned by a number.
    Today I got all fruit on my froyo instead of the piles of crap I use to put on it.

Awesome!
  • Trishajac
    Options
    I just recently commented on HisShadow's NSV comment....

Today - a co-worker told me she noticed I was losing weight.... I beamed.... and I thought of HisShadow's NSV too!

It's a good one!

:blushing:
  • Lashley01
    Lashley01 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Okay, I hardly ever post on these boards but I have an NSV that I feel you guys will understand more than most people I know in person. I have NEVER been a runner or any sort of athlete. I walked most of the mile runs in elementary schools and found ways to get out of PE in junior high and high school. I never did sports at all. While I don't think I'll ever be a fan of a soccer ball flying at my face, I started the Couch-to-5k and am SO proud of myself.

Yesterday I ran for 25 minutes straight, without stopping!! It was slow, and my husband could walk next to me, but I ran nonetheless. While 25 minutes is nothing for most people, this is HUGE for me and I'm so amazed at the progress I've made. I can't wait to continue becoming a runner!

Thanks for letting me share!
  • fay_pigu
    fay_pigu Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    Small one but just simply going from notch 2 on belt a few months ago to notch 3 being loose - find this is more encouraging than lbs down.
  • celebrity328
    celebrity328 Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    I went shopping today and the size 16 pants are now to big for me ;)

I am now in a medium shirt... Dont remember if I ever wore a medium before!
  • kalkat
    kalkat Posts: 48
    Options
    My pants were fallng off today! (that sounds so weird, but I'm soooo happy!)
  • Trishajac
    Options
    :flowerforyou: bump
  • Trishajac
    Options
    NSV for me today.... out for lunch with a couple of girlfriends celebrating my recent birthday. I was treated my lunch..... and encouraged to have dessert. I had dessert - but requested 3 spoons - so we all shared!! It was excellent!!

:happy:
  • ArtGeek22
    ArtGeek22 Posts: 1,429 Member
    Options
    NSV for me --> Since losing weight, my dimple has gotten more pronounce :happy:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!