Non-Scale Victories (NSV) - Care to share? Vol II

Options

Replies

• TamAD48
    TamAD48 Posts: 387
    Options
    My clothes are getting looser, and I bought some new ones that are a size smaller

Was at a restaurant with a friend for breakfast this morning (one that we go to often so we know all the waitresses), and one of the waitresses asked me this morning if I've been on a diet because she can see that I've lost weight since I first started coming in there
  • cbferriss
    cbferriss Posts: 122
    Options
    My buffalo hump is gone!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If you don't know, the morbidly obese can get this hard fat deposit right below the neck. Mine's gone!!!
  • don666car
    don666car Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    i had to move my car seat up a notch woooohoooo
  • cerwin17
    cerwin17 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    I had my first couple of significant NSVs just a few minutes ago...This is the second morning in a row that I have woken up early (at least my own definition of early) to go walking. And my SO told me to "keep walking because my butt is looking nice" :)
  • insomniac03
    insomniac03 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Wore some work trousers for the first time in a while yesterday. They were uncomfortably tight around Jan/Feb this year but yesterday they were so loose at the waist that I had to pull them down and wear them at the hip!!
  • bpotts44
    bpotts44 Posts: 1,066 Member
    Options
    Blood pressure drop in 6 weeks

140/85 @ 75 BPM to
    110/70 @ 50 BPM
  • tbbmomof4
    tbbmomof4 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I wore a dress I purchased over 10 years ago last Sunday. I met my husband 7 years ago and needless to say he had never seen this dress. His comment "You look hot! When did you buy that dress? You look great!" Made my day. Comment last night - "When we go to my work dinner next month, I hope you'll wear that dress again!"
  • arrawyn79
    arrawyn79 Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    when I walk, my thighs don't rub together anymore! :) (there's the tiniest gap, but hey, it's a gap! :bigsmile: )
  • somedaysoon84
    Options
    i was buying scrub pants for a new job. haven't worn any in about 6 months. went a size down (lg to medium) and had to come out of the dressing room and ask for a SMALL!! i was like "umm... i've never said this before, but i need a small!" now, they are a wee snug.... but the mediums i couldn't tie tight enough to look good. i was so proud, i had to show my man when i got home.... "look, look at what size these are!!!"
  • srhcutting
    srhcutting Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    My little Mii person on the Wii isn't pudgy anymore. He he.

I love this sooo much :laugh:
  • katejkelley
    katejkelley Posts: 841 Member
    Options
    I can fit into a dress I've had for two years and never worn.
    I just had to go out and buy new pants and shorts because my old ones were too baggy!
    Several people have asked me how I'm losing weight. I have been quite the spokesperson for MFP!
  • SouthernSkylark
    SouthernSkylark Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    Such great NSV's :happy:

In just 105 days (how long I have been on MFP).....

I can run for 60 mins at 11 min mile

For the first time in about 5 years I can fit into UK size 12 jeans and they are starting to get loose already :-)

I am not controlled by emotional eating anymore, healthy living is easy 90% of the time

I have energy! No more falling asleep at 9pm!

I actually love exercise! My hubbie asks why it's taken 20 years to get into it lol
  • blonde71
    blonde71 Posts: 955 Member
    Options
    A fitness blog that I regularly read for the last year, the blogger has asked to interview me on how I went from frumpy to fit. Way cool. Just a dream come true!
  • srhcutting
    srhcutting Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I was shaving today and noticed that it was harder than usual.... and then realized it was because I have calf muscles!
  • Trishajac
    Trishajac Posts: 482 Member
    Options
    NSV today: 4.1km run without walking - slow but getting there.

Awesome!
  • professorhuggins
    professorhuggins Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    I have a few...

I bought school clothes (I teach) at the beginning of the summer, and I haven't even worn them yet and they are too big!

Today when I saw my sister at church, I made her start weeping because she is so proud of how much weight I have lost.

Tonight I ran four miles in under 42 minutes...by far the farthest and fastest I have run in the last year since getting hurt.

Life is good!!!
  • SilverOnTheTree
    SilverOnTheTree Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    During my weekend bike rides (fourth week) I've increased the average speed from 12kph to 16kph! It only took 2 hours to travel 34km, including 15 minutes pushing the bike up a steep bit.
  • Lynxie83
    Lynxie83 Posts: 246
    Options
    I did a 4.2km return mountain walk with a 3-4kg bag in 1hr 05mins! Crazy out of breath, but felt good afterwards! :bigsmile:

Oh and in the last 10 weeks (2 of which I was sick so no exercise and 2 weeks of half intensity) I managed to lose 26.5cm (10 inches)!! 2.5inches of that melting off my hips!! Woohoo!:bigsmile: :bigsmile:
  • CJisinShape
    CJisinShape Posts: 1,404 Member
    Options
    Nsv's:
    1. Pants fall off
    2. Next size down is tight, but I wasn't able to get that size over my hips before, let alone zip them!
    3. Energy to clean, paint, garden, play tag with my kids
    4. Get noticed.
    5. Get compliments.
    6. Can spin wedding ring.
    7. Took before pics yesterday! Couldn't bring myself to do it before. But now it seems real, like the weight will come off this time.
    8. Forgot to eat a meal - what?!
    9. Smaller appetite
    10. Portion control chips!

To God be the glory!
  • lovetobeme
    lovetobeme Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I bought my first pair of junior sized jeans ever!!!! I am a teenager and I have never been able to fit into junior jeans.They actually look good, and make me feel great!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!