HELP! Ticket Due date is before Arraignment-Traffic Ticket

Options

Replies

• MadeOfMagic
    MadeOfMagic Posts: 525 Member
    Options
    Also, with *most* automated systems if you press 0 it will take you to a live operator. Just keep pressing it.

I kept pressing and pressing, even tried other buttons but no luck :( Those budget cuts must be really bad that they can't afford an operator >.<
  • MadeOfMagic
    Options
    And what the hell is wrong with her helping her boyfriend take care of something? They live together so obviously it's not just a fling. I do **** like this for my husband all the damn time.
    Exactly! This the sort of things you do for your loved one. If we had the money we would be married and this $200 ticket isn't getting us any closer :P
  • leomom72
    leomom72 Posts: 1,798 Member
    Options
    jeezus cripes !! i dont want to be mean or anything, but repeating 50 times about him not lying, and it being absurd, and this and that wont change how things happened, and it wont stop people from thinking YOU are lying..it does sound a little off tho, and i agree HE needs to deal with his own stuff..the cops, court, whoever will not tell you anything because you arent married..and even if you were, they still wouldnt tell you, because who knows if you really were his wife ?? its like telling a stranger about some personal stuff..he needs to MAKE time and do it, and if it was while he was working, he should try to get his boss involved possibly
  • ldytaz
    ldytaz Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Why is this question on a "help lose weight" website, do you not have friends to ask this question to?
  • angieleighbyrd
    angieleighbyrd Posts: 989 Member
    Options
    And what the hell is wrong with her helping her boyfriend take care of something? They live together so obviously it's not just a fling. I do **** like this for my husband all the damn time.
    Exactly! This the sort of things you do for your loved one. If we had the money we would be married and this $200 ticket isn't getting us any closer :P

My wedding only cost me 57 bucks =)
  • angieleighbyrd
    Options
    Why is this question on a "help lose weight" website, do you not have friends to ask this question to?

There is also a chat section on the forums ya know.

How many topics a day do we see that aren't weight related? Do you comment on every single one? Don't like it, make your own website with your own rules.
  • angieleighbyrd
    Options
    jeezus cripes !! i dont want to be mean or anything, but repeating 50 times about him not lying, and it being absurd, and this and that wont change how things happened, and it wont stop people from thinking YOU are lying..it does sound a little off tho, and i agree HE needs to deal with his own stuff..the cops, court, whoever will not tell you anything because you arent married..and even if you were, they still wouldnt tell you, because who knows if you really were his wife ?? its like telling a stranger about some personal stuff..he needs to MAKE time and do it, and if it was while he was working, he should try to get his boss involved possibly

They can actually give you basic information without even asking his name
  • Grimmerick
    Grimmerick Posts: 3,344 Member
    Options

Take a look at the top of the board, right next to message board it says chit chat. That means this is for extra talk not just about weight loss. So instead of being rude why don't you just move along and mind your own. Her question is in the right topic area.

Sorry girl you are really getting some rude buttheads today
  • MadeOfMagic
    Options
    Go to court find out from them directly. Hire an attorney if you can. and bring the ticket with the illegible chicken scratch on it to court. That way when he says they wouldn't tell him what he did wrong he can at least have the ticket to back him up as far as not being able to read it. AT THE LEAST you should be able to read and understand everything on your ticket. I would also mention the thing with the pen and telling him it was a weapon. But a lawyer would really help here.

Really good points, will definitely bring the ticket over as evidence. Luckily my bf took down very carefully all the details right after it happened. Even if there is a legitimate reason the cop gave him a ticket, it does not excuse the hostility they treated him with and the withholding of why he even received the ticket. My bf falls below the low income, so he should be able to get a lawyer of some sort, so will definitely give that a try.
  • nheilweil
    nheilweil Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Good luck!
  • MadeOfMagic
    Options

Really?! How did you do it, Vegas? Seriously I think we may just elope, I mean it would be nice to have all of families there but who cares, Vegas would be just as fun :P
  • MadeOfMagic
    Options
    Good luck!

I liked your answer before you changed it, it was very appropriate and funny :P
  • Grimmerick
    Grimmerick Posts: 3,344 Member
    Options
    Go to court find out from them directly. Hire an attorney if you can. and bring the ticket with the illegible chicken scratch on it to court. That way when he says they wouldn't tell him what he did wrong he can at least have the ticket to back him up as far as not being able to read it. AT THE LEAST you should be able to read and understand everything on your ticket. I would also mention the thing with the pen and telling him it was a weapon. But a lawyer would really help here.

Really good points, will definitely bring the ticket over as evidence. Luckily my bf took down very carefully all the details right after it happened. Even if there is a legitimate reason the cop gave him a ticket, it does not excuse the hostility they treated him with and the withholding of why he even received the ticket. My bf falls below the low income, so he should be able to get a lawyer of some sort, so will definitely give that a try.

I would also mention that his skateboard is used for his job, this helps in them not thinking he's just tearing around and tearing up public property
  • angieleighbyrd
    Options

Really?! How did you do it, Vegas? Seriously I think we may just elope, I mean it would be nice to have all of families there but who cares, Vegas would be just as fun :P

Nope. We had a court house wedding. Only fee we had to pay was for the marriage license. We plan on renewing our vows in a few years and have an actual wedding if we can ever afford it. Even if that never comes, I don't regret not having a big wedding. It's not the wedding that matters, it's who you marry.
  • hallie_b
    hallie_b Posts: 181
    Options

The actual "reason" has to be on the ticket. It could have been as simple as he didn't throw his arm up to "signal" a left turn. Get a lawyer. Go to the court house. Every state and every county is different.

yes. hire a lawyer to fight a skateboarding ticket. that will be much cheaper.
    Haha.
  • hallie_b
    hallie_b Posts: 181
    Options
    Check your local laws, not hard to do, you can call the municipality where the ticket was issued and ask what the policy is if you plan to fight a ticket in court. In NYC(can't speak for your area) a warrant for a traffic ticket is not issued unless you don't show up to the court date and the fine has not already been paid by that time.
    Also it surprises me that it is a traffic ticket because most skateboarding related offenses fall under infractions (like jaywalking commonly does) some are trespass etc... but I don't know the details.
  • MadeOfMagic
    Options

I would also mention that his skateboard is used for his job, this helps in them not thinking he's just tearing around and tearing up public property

Excellent point!
  • MadeOfMagic
    Options

Nope. We had a court house wedding. Only fee we had to pay was for the marriage license. We plan on renewing our vows in a few years and have an actual wedding if we can ever afford it. Even if that never comes, I don't regret not having a big wedding. It's not the wedding that matters, it's who you marry.

That is very very true, the only thing that matter is who you marry! I may just do the same actually, I always thought the fees would be much bigger but this is really good to know :)
  • MadeOfMagic
    Options
    Check your local laws, not hard to do, you can call the municipality where the ticket was issued and ask what the policy is if you plan to fight a ticket in court. In NYC(can't speak for your area) a warrant for a traffic ticket is not issued unless you don't show up to the court date and the fine has not already been paid by that time.
    Also it surprises me that it is a traffic ticket because most skateboarding related offenses fall under infractions (like jaywalking commonly does) some are trespass etc... but I don't know the details.

Really good advice, thanks I will deff call and fidn out what their policy is, thanks!
  • roachhaley
    roachhaley Posts: 978 Member
    Options
    i wasnt aware you got traffic tickets for skateboarding heh