HELP! Ticket Due date is before Arraignment-Traffic Ticket

Options
1235»

Replies

• Pebble321
    Pebble321 Posts: 6,554 Member
    Options
    What would Judge Judy say?

(Sorry OP, I shouldn't be laughing at your expense, but Judge Judy is the most exposure I've had to the US judicial system! I hope you get it sorted out easily enough - or more to the point, that your BF does.)
  • pduckworth
    pduckworth Posts: 133
    Options
    Have you tried calling the police department where the ticket was issued? No idea if they would give that information to you, but they might to your boyfriend. Either that or I'd make a trip down to the courthouse.
  • Hellbent_Heidi
    Hellbent_Heidi Posts: 3,669 Member
    Options

You're absolutely right. It just absolutely sucks how unjust the justice system is. My bf and I combine our income, so whatever affects him affects me, and vice versa. I just hate to have to pay an over $200 ticket for something he didn't do, the cop didn't even see him or what he was doing,we're hoping that the cops won't show up but if he does at very least we've tried. My bf has very detailed written record of what happened so I guess we'll see how it goes :ohwell:

Well, Good luck! A friend of mine was run off the road by 3 plain-clothesed Detroit cops in an UNMARKED car, and they drew guns on her (she was on her way to a friggin' baby shower on a Sunday afternoon). Unfortunately, all 3 of them showed up in court and claimed she "ran several red lights" then refused to stop for their lights. I suspect they were bored and just decided to screw with her...but the judge believed them over her and she got the ticket and the points.

The justice system is usually not on the side of the average person, but maybe your boyfriend can beat this one!