so where'd you get that gnarly scar?

Options

Replies

• TamAD48
    TamAD48 Posts: 387
    Options
    On my upper left arm I have a round scar that has the distinct markings of human teeth. I work with people who have developemental disabilities and sometimes they have bad days and take it out on us staff. On one of those days I got bitten pretty bad. Luckily I was wearing a sweatshirt or it could have been worse.
  • hypallage
    hypallage Posts: 624 Member
    Options
    A foot long scar down my right hip where I had a titanium rod put down the bone after breaking my femur in a car accident. There is also a little scar from this by my knee where it is attached at the bottom. Also have a few scars on my knees, one on my ring finger on left hand from a water fight and several others on my legs from mountain biking!!

<---- And think i'm going to get a bit of one from the burn on my leg!!
  • yo_sushi
    yo_sushi Posts: 77
    Options
    I got this (not so) bad boy:
    742de5ea.jpg

when from my '91 Camaro, it was running real lumpy so I pulled over to the hard shoulder and popped the hood, one of the HT leads had come loose, so I figured I'd attach it back up quickly, only to get it reconnected I had to go round the manifold...which I didn't quite manage, but I got it attached after much swearing, I'm so manly.

I also have a small scar on the back of my left hand where I was playing with a friends knife and decided I would do that whole, pretend to cut yourself but not actually cut yourself, trick...it didn't work...I cut the vein, blood arced out in a perfect perobala all over the restaurant table (apologies to the staff at the baron and maiden in Rivonia south africa), my friend Jason went a slightly pale shade of avocado, I grabbed a set of napkins and uttered the now imfamous "who's going to take me to hospital before lunch?"

ef fix picture
  • mamato3babies
    mamato3babies Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    I have alot of scars! I am accident prone!!!!

1. 5 yrs old - scar on right knee because I decided to be "hurdle" a piece of SHEETMETAL when my parents were building on to our house.... Required 7 stitches.

2. 7 years old - surgery scar that looks like it came from a c-section (countless stitches internally and externally plus surgical glue). This was due to having "reflux of the kidneys". Otherwise, I could have lost my entire kidney function in my right kidney within about another year or so.

3. 9 years old - 3 stitches in my right thigh after laying my bicycle over on a big root and landing on the BOLT on the front axle of my bike. It went into my leg about an inch and all they could do was close it up so it would heal.... It had only little feeling and is a soft spot on my thigh.

4. 16 years old - I had a bad cold and tried to turn on my ceiling fan in my living room..... I stood up and reached to turn it on, and the next thing I remember was hearing a big CRASH and feeling a horrible pain in my forehead! I had passed out and fell face first onto the "hearth" of my fireplace. I shattered some tiles and a 1 foot ceramic cat with my forehead! I had a concussion and required 35 stitches and a pediatric plastic surgion to fix my "fainting" damage to myself. My scar goes down about 1 inch on my forehead, through my right eyebrow, and about an inch along the bottom of my eyebrow. (all consecutively... It looks like a L.) I have learned to never stanr to fast or raise your arms above your head if you are really sick or dizzy....it can causes me to pass out!!!
  • ChanniVincent
    Options
    I have a lot of scars, but i think my biggest one, c-section, is boring SO, i also have nasty scars all over my legs from shaving.
  • jppd47
    jppd47 Posts: 737 Member
    Options
    Bullets fragments, Iraq
    535736_464374803577005_416179425_n.jpg
    12309_123905697623919_5193516_n.jpg
  • brennamurphy42
    Options
    i have a huge scar covering my entire left kneecap that i got falling off my bike when i was nine. the weirdest thing about it is that original cut was down to the bone, so i don't have any feeling in the scar (if you touch it, i won't notice).

i also have a matching (but smaller) scar on my right elbow from the same accident.
  • sewerchick93
    sewerchick93 Posts: 1,440 Member
    Options
    right ankle has road rash scars. When I was younger, we lived at the top of an awesome hill, so all us neighborhood kids used to play demolition skateboard. The idea was to make it to the bottom of hill while keeping others from reaching the bottom, it was anything goes. One time, I was skateboarding barefoot and in shorts when one of my brothers had come up behind me, squatted down and pulled my skateboard out from underneath me..while we were flying down the hill. I took a nasty tumble, and since this was in the 70's, we didn't wear helmets or pads!

the fourth toe on my left foot is nothing but scars. When I was 10, I had a school cafeteria lunch table fall out of the wall and land across my toes. the fourth toe took the most of the impact, it was smashed and split open in 4 places from the impact.
  • miss_ally08
    miss_ally08 Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    2 1/2 inch keloid scar in the dead center of my chest from acne when I was younger. Had surgery to have it removed because it was so painful, it got bigger and now I cannot wear anything low cut. Right next to that I have a 1 1/2 inch scar from where they implanted my pacemaker and so now I have a keloid scar from that as well. :frown:

Hallelujah! Someone that knows how I feel. I have 4 all in the area of my chest between my breasts. I can't wear anything low-cut either :( I wanted to get it removed but everyone tells me it gets bigger so I figure I'd just let it go but I wish they would make a cure for it!
  • Determinednoob
    Determinednoob Posts: 2,001 Member
    Options
    I dunno if its my BEST scar, but I have one almost a year old from scraping my right shin with olympic bar knurling on an overzealous deadlift
  • CountryDevil
    CountryDevil Posts: 819 Member
    Options
    Left side ribs under arm - Stabbed on accident.
    Left shoulder and left ear (not noticable on ear really) - Blown down the flight deck of an Aircraft Carrier by an F18.
    Chest - Open heart surgery.
  • jppd47
    jppd47 Posts: 737 Member
    Options

Left shoulder and left ear (not noticable on ear really) - Blown down the flight deck of an Aircraft Carrier by an F18.

You got a vid of that? How'd the wash feel when it hit ya?
  • LonLB
    LonLB Posts: 1,126 Member
    Options
    My brother and I didn't fight like siblings fight. We got into BRAWLS.

Got thrown into a wood burning stove in a barn....and left a big *kitten* scar on my left arm
  • kaylageserick
    kaylageserick Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    I have 2 major scars on my head, right on the top. Got 3rd degree chemical burns from Hello Gorgeous salon while getting my hair dyed blonde. (yes, I sued their *kitten* off!)
  • cobracars
    cobracars Posts: 949 Member
    Options
    Self inflicted:
    I wanted to see what was inside a golf ball. Held it in my left hand and tried to slice it open with a pocket knife. The golf ball survived unscathed, however the the knuckle at the base of my thumb had an interesting flap of skin. Although I didn't get to the center of the golf ball, I DID find out what a knuckle bone looks like.

DIdn't have an option:
    Circumcision. No explanation needed.
    They say it isn't too bad, BULL****! I couldn't walk for a year afterwards!
  • Flugangst
    Flugangst Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    My right wrist...An entry and exit wound. Caused by an unfortunate incident with glass that left me with 30 stitches and nearly severed the Radial Artery. I now have severe nerve damage and no longer have feeling in my hand all the way to my elbow. :(
  • divinenanny
    divinenanny Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    1) My gnarliest is on my right shin, from when I was 7 or 8. We were playing outside, in a narrow alley way, and one of the neighbourhood kids came in really fast with his BMX. I thought, If I'd stand against the wall (in a corner, the wall he was aiming for), he'd go past me. Nope, hit me right in the shin, which just split open. His father was an army medic, and home on leave, and he put a band-aid on it really tight so I wouldn't have to get stitches. But now I have a half a inch wide scar :D

2) Two on the tops of my wrists, one horizontal (left) and one vertical (right), from when I had two ganglions surgically removed. Two different hospitals, two different surgeons so two different scars :D

3) An appendix scar (which I am totally sure is a genetic thing, nearly everyone in my dads family had appendicites, in my husbands family no one).
  • Laura_Suzie
    Laura_Suzie Posts: 1,288 Member
    Options
    I have a scar that isn't even half an inch long below my chin.

I was 4 years old and dressed up like Dorothy from Wizard of Oz for Halloween. My mom told me not to run in my ruby slippers because they had very slick soles. I forgot and was running into the house after trick or treating. I fell on the cement driveway and the first thing that hit was the bottom of my chin. Blood everywhere. I still remember it. Funny, Halloween is one of my favorites, but I always get sick or injured on Halloween.
  • urglewurgle
    urglewurgle Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    I've had three skin grafts on my right hand so have different looking skin and "seams" there but also faint marks on my leg where the skin was taken from. People often think I've burnt my hand.
  • Tatiyanya
    Tatiyanya Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    "Lovely" scar all around my left forearm. Used to look like disguisting red/pink slug , now thankfully white.

Kind of self inflicted cos I decided to date full-blown, unmedicated schizophrenic when I was maybe 16 years old.

There is a say "don't stick yo d*ck in crazy", I should've extrapolate.