so where'd you get that gnarly scar?

Options

Replies

• TubbsMcGee
    TubbsMcGee Posts: 1,058 Member
    Options
    I slipped down a hill when I was 15, caught myself on a tree branch. Had an entire stick go THROUGH MY HAND. I was with friends though, so I tried to play it cool by slapping some band-aids on it and ignoring the fat seeping out of the wounds.

A month later it became infected and the doctors had to do an emergency operation...and because it had tried to heal itself,they had to make another cut to go fishing for the rest of the stick.

I have another big scar on my toe. I was chasing a sea turtle and slipped on the rocks at the beach...
  • kendrafox
    kendrafox Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    I have a round scar, a little bit bigger the a quarter, on my shin whereigot kicked with a steel toe boot while playing hackysac with the boys, i also have four little hole on my arm where my cat latched on to my arm when i was 9 because i was trying to free her from the blind cord that was wrapped around her neck.
  • cannonsky
    cannonsky Posts: 850 Member
    Options
    I have a scar on my leg from getting stabbed with a steak knife when I was little.. my brother and I were throwing them into a refrigerator box.. and I walked in front of it right as he was throwing. Mother was not too happy. I have a burn scar on the bottom joint of my thumb from making fish and chips and a few other burns from the rotisserie while working at a Sam's Club.. I use to have small cutting scars on my arm... but got chemical burns from the cleaning products for the aforementioned rotisserie.. so they are gone now
  • megsmom2
    megsmom2 Posts: 2,362 Member
    Options
    I have lots of burn scars on my forearms...including two big ones that look like branding stripes. Too many years in too many kitchens. The worst burn scars from cooking were on my feet though...and they've faded out over time. I accidentally filled my shoes with steaming hot rice....yeah I know....duhh. hurt so bad....but I didn't drop what I was transporting at the time...I am wonder woman in the kitchen.
  • kimbly71
    kimbly71 Posts: 188
    Options
    I have a scar on the top of my left wrist about 4 inches long. 12 stiches on the inside (that is how deep it was) and 13 on the outside. The gash was so wide I actually took a moment to look for that piece of my arm.

My husband Jon and I eloped the day before New Years (1997) which came as a big surprise to many of our friends. So, the next night our friends threw us a wedding/new years party. By 11 we were completley hammered and opening more champagne. He thought it would be a good idea to open it with a seraded blade. At this same moment, I thought it would be a great idea to drunk dance with a friend and run right into him.

At the hospital, they actually took Jon into another room to question him about the "accident". Nice!
  • Donnacoach
    Donnacoach Posts: 540 Member
    Options
    I have about a 17 inch scar that runs from my left side to just below my belly button. Flip me over and I have about a 10 inch scar in the middle of my lower back. Those are the two gnarliest I have although I do have lots more.
  • BriskisGrl
    BriskisGrl Posts: 461
    Options
    i have a gaping hole where penis and balls used to be before they were removed and put in a jar on my wife's dresser.

:laugh: :laugh: awesome response
  • stephl81
    stephl81 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    6 stitches on my eyebrow. a crockpot lid fell off the top cabinet and hit me in the face. ouch!!! :sad:
  • mandihdz
    mandihdz Posts: 19
    Options
    A nice 3 inch scar above and through my eyebrow from running and tripping as a kid and then slamming my head into the bumper of my dad's car. Not fun being nick named Vanilla Ice :grumble:
  • theoriginaljayne
    theoriginaljayne Posts: 562 Member
    Options
    I've got a scar in the shape of South America on my leg from a bike accident as a kid.
  • BlisterLamb
    BlisterLamb Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    Got a large one that runs from just below the side of my knee, halfway down my left calf. I got it blowing out of the back of a pickup truck on the freeway when I was about 8 years old. My mom's younger brother had this fort, up on long stilts in his backyard. There was a square hole in the floor that he climbed up into through, from a ladder. When he outgrew it, they gave it to me for a playhouse. They cut it off, but left about a foot of the stilts. My parents, being young and stupid figured the weight would hold it in the truck. No ropes to tied it down. Yeah, not so much. My father, my sister and I were in the playhouse in the back of the truck. Mom was driving. She said she felt it lift twice, then saw it blow out of the back just like a cardboard box. From my perspective, my dad and I were playing battleship and I was just getting ready to call a number and he went floating slowly over my head. I was puzzled and wondered how he was doing that. He said, "Everything is going to be alright." and then I blacked out. Next thing I knew, some stranger was scooping me up off the freeway and carrying me to the side. It had lifted up, turned over, throwing us into the roof, crashed onto the freeway and broke apart and we went skidding down the freeway on what was left of the roof at whatever speed you go when you blow out at 60 mph. My leg was sticking off the roof and the freeway just peeled the skin off it as we skidded. Amazingly, none of us were hurt any worse. Dad got his hand peeled when he put it down, without thinking, to try to stop it. My sister had a bump on her head. I was hurt the worst and it was just my leg and my ankle. It took the skin, right down to the bone on that little side bone on my ankle. Crazy, Huh?
  • thewoodsyone
    Options
    I've got a delicious scar about a third of a foot in length on my left thigh near to my kneecap, and I received it by jumping over a rusty barbed-wire fence around a dump pit that I wasn't supposed to be goofing off near. I had no idea I was bleeding until my cousin pointed it out! It didn't hurt, I didn't go for any shots, and I have a fabulous scar to prove just how cool I was as a kid.

...I also have one on my forehead from when my father threw a plastic baby bottle at me when I was somewhere around 10 in a "think fast" manner, and it managed to hit me just right. Good job, pop.
  • mangobadango
    mangobadango Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    I've got an almost invisible one now across my inner wrist area that was from an iron burn. The funny part of it was when I went into the hospital when the scar was still fairly new. The doctors started asking if I was depressed and had attempted suicide.

Now I'm noticing that the scars I have the most memories from are disappearing. Kinda sad in a way.
  • KaraGrr
    KaraGrr Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Ouch, reading all these is painful!!! I have a million scars (thanks to motocross) but my right leg in itself is pretty impressive I think haha.

My right leg is basically a giant scar...
    I have six scars on my thigh/hip from when I broke my femur and got a metal rod put in.

I have a smiley face looking thing (or frown face depending on how you look @ it lol) on my knee from when I wadded my dirt bike and it landed on me. The foot peg went all the way in my knee.

The rest of my knee got road rashed to hell from when I was riding my bike with flip flops and shorts down the road and talking on the phone in the dark and hit a pot hole haha. I blame that one on my ex...I was all pissed at him and left on my bike, but then I ended up having to call him to come get me outta the ditch. Ahh to be young and dumb hahah!
  • bellesouth18
    bellesouth18 Posts: 1,070 Member
    Options

That was a great story to read. :bigsmile:
  • robot_potato
    robot_potato Posts: 1,535 Member
    Options
    My right leg, i have a scar that runs almost the whole length of my thigh. I am thankful for that scar, i was in a pretty horrid accident and without the work done there i would have lost my leg at 15. On the same leg i have 3 around my knee. We had a trampoline in our backyard and when ourvparents went out we would jump off the back deck onto the trampoline, which was probably 15 feet away. Missed my mark, my leg slipped between the springs, compression fracture to the kneecap and severe ligament damage. Woohoo.

I have some other ones, little memories i call them, from catching my hand on a rusty nail in the soccer goal at school, and wearing rollerblades that were too big and cutting up my ankles cause the liners fell down. Trying to remove braces with a screwdriver, i have a scar above my lip. Just typing this i realise i was a dumb kid.
  • Jacole18
    Jacole18 Posts: 716 Member
    Options
    I have a huge scar a few inches long near my inner thigh right by my "va j j"". When I was a kid, I used to sleep walk, and during one of my episodes, I cut myself on my bed post (it was metal). Needless to say, that bed was trashed the next day lol.
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    Inner right arm, scars from my cat Rambo in about 1987. I was giving him Kitty-Noogies. He didn't approve.
  • TexanThom
    TexanThom Posts: 778
    Options
    Right knee-4 in. straight up the knee from chainsaw

Left hand-between finger and thumb, tree saw.

Back of neck-Tumor removed

Right forearm-Deep gouge

Chin-Car wreck

Left wrist-Hand through window pane

Inside Lip-Same car wreck as above.
  • Miss_dannii
    Miss_dannii Posts: 1,351 Member
    Options
    I've a scar on my arm from where I got bitten by a donkey.