Where did you lose body fat first?

Options

Replies

• Erica27511
    Erica27511 Posts: 490 Member
    Options
    Hourglass - lost in my midsection and thighs so far.
  • Bridget28152723
    Bridget28152723 Posts: 372 Member
    Options
    Got this from wikipedia:
    Apple (triangle downward)
    Apple shaped women have broad(er) shoulders compared to their (narrower) hips.[18] Apple shaped women tend to have slim legs/thighs, while the abdomen and chest look larger compared to the rest of the body. Fat is mainly distributed in the abdomen, chest, and face.

Banana or straight (rectangular)
    The waist measurement is less than 9 inches smaller than the hips or bust measurement.[18] Body fat is distributed predominantly in the abdomen, buttocks, chest, and face. This overall fat distribution creates the typical ruler (straight) shape.

Pear or spoon or bell (triangle upward)
    The hip measurement is greater than the bust measurement.[18] The distribution of fat varies, with fat tending to deposit first in the buttocks, hips, and thighs. As body fat percentage increases, an increasing proportion of body fat is distributed around the waist and upper abdomen. The women of this body type tend to have a (relatively) larger rear, robust thighs, and a small(er) bosom.

Hourglass shape. (triangles opposing, facing in)
    The hip and bust are almost of equal size with a narrow waist.[18] Body fat distribution tends to be around both the upper body and lower body. This body type enlarges the arms, chest, hips, and rear before other parts, such as the waist and upper abdomen.
  • nlenz16
    nlenz16 Posts: 73
    Options
    Hourglass shape and I lost weight in my legs, butt and face first. Almost right away. Now my arms and stomach are slowly catching up :). Boobs haven't budged though! (guess that's a good thing lol)
  • katejkelley
    katejkelley Posts: 841 Member
    Options
    I'm a rectangle. I've noticed my face and hips are thinner (pants fit better!), but I think I'm losing all over. I can wear some tops now that had been relegated to the back of the closet because of "back fat issues". It seems my stomach is the last to let go, but probably because I'm in my 50's and that tends to be where our fat congregates.
  • shayleeloves
    Options
    hourglass & i lose weight first in my face, then my arms, then my hips... but it takes awhile to get the hips to budge :)
  • imsleepdeprived
    imsleepdeprived Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    I am apple shaped as well, I lose it right away in my bum and my face.

However, I've finally started to see changes in my stomach. I've been at this since November.

Same here!!
  • BAMFMeredith
    BAMFMeredith Posts: 2,829 Member
    Options
    In my waist---it seriously shrank! But of course, my lovely thighs and butt have been much more stubborn. I guess I'd say I'm a pear shape, although my breasts haven't gotten smaller either, so maybe hourglass? All I know, is if my thighs don't go anywhere soon I'm gonna be pretty irritated lol
  • cutethang1
    cutethang1 Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    Pear- Face, butt & obliques. Mid seciton of belly always the LAST to go for me!
  • emily356
    emily356 Posts: 318 Member
    Options
    Ugh, stinkin apple shape. Legs are starting to look nice (look in my pics)... lost it there first!!! Still a HUGE belly:(
  • GabrielleZelda
    GabrielleZelda Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    Don't you wish you could just spot train and shrink the spots you want?? Haha.
    I'm an hourglass and I first lost my butt, then boobs/chest area. The legs and belly came off steadily after that, but my HIPS are finally starting to shrink. Damn hips.

good luck to you!
  • jadedone
    jadedone Posts: 2,449 Member
    Options
    I'm pear shaped and lose weight in my face and boobs first, then my waist. My stomach and thighs have been, erm, soft for as long as I can remember. I have a flat bum that is never toned, but I'm wondering how much of the flatness is because I used to be bigger and it just lost its springiness, so to speak... I started C25k a few weeks back and am seeing my ankles and forearms lose weight, but progress on the stomach and legs is a LOT slower.

Squats and lunges! I have a flat butt too, and it is improving. Even with the body weight ones. :)

These also help your legs get firmer as well. Mine are super firm since I have added them. And shrinking.
  • 5Btieden
    5Btieden Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    Pear here. Lost it in my face first, then shoulders/chest, then my upper belly, then boobs :sad: , almost have upper belly gone and starting to lose lower belly. I have toned in my butt and legs. I LOVE the feeling of muscles in my legs where there used to be mush!!
  • reyna99
    reyna99 Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    I'm an apple too! The girls were the first to go...which I was glad, since I don't have to wear to sports bra anymore ;) then my thighs and arms.
    I'm still working on the tummy! Abs come for the kitchen, right :)
  • mylovesanotherkind
    Options
    I'm a pear shape I think. I noticed it off my legs, upper arms, bust, face and fingers. Really need to work on my stomach though!
  • spicychick1987
    Options
    I am hourglass figure.
    I lose mostly from my hips/stomach first.

Thank goodness I didn't lose any from my boobies or buttocks! Because I love these areas! :)

Hardest places for me to lose fat is my inner thighs and upper back. Still struggling in these areas. But very slowly reducing.
  • adalychee
    adalychee Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I'm pear shaped, and I saw it in my chest first and then my waist. I wish I could lose some fat off my arms - they are disproportionately big and not changing at all. :/ My back and stomach look a lot nicer now though!
  • momof2winsplus
    momof2winsplus Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    I'm hourglass shaped, but the first place to go was my bust. The rest is finally starting to catch up, though.
  • laceylou0702
    laceylou0702 Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    I'm mostly a pear shape & I lost in my arms, face & belly. THANK GOD MY BOOBS are still a d-cup, I did lose in the band size so I'm going with back fat there.... My thighs & hips are going down but very slowly...... wayyy too slowly.... but down so I'm happy!
  • VWilson_Momoftwinsplus1
    Options
    My stomach and back; then the arms and legs slowly followed. I want to lose in my arms and legs
  • kaaabney
    kaaabney Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Unfortunately, I am hourglass, I lost in my boobs first and now my butt is going. Those are the only two places I didn't mind keeping a little extra weight. :( Hopefully the rest will start coming off soon!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!