what to eat with sauerkraut other then hot dogs?

Options
12346»

Replies

• purebliss24
    Options
    I used to make a great pork with sauteed apples and saurkraut recipe from WW years ago. i wish i could find the recipe for you...cause it was yummy
  • TrishJimenez
    TrishJimenez Posts: 561 Member
    Options
    I used to make a great pork with sauteed apples and saurkraut recipe from WW years ago. i wish i could find the recipe for you...cause it was yummy

wow that sounds so good! I would totally love that. I am going to try and do a search for a recipe and see if I can find one. Thanks!
  • onedayillbeamilf
    onedayillbeamilf Posts: 966 Member
    Options
    I've never had it with hot dogs. My dad always sautéed it with sliced up smoked sausage.
  • MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    Options
    any kind of delicious sausages!
  • jgondor
    jgondor Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    Make a toasted turkey Reuben.

Bread (your choice)
    Deli turkey
    A little cheese (Swiss or provolone work well)
    Kruat
    Spicy brown mustard or BBQ wing sauce.

sounds delicious!!
  • Aeriesified
    Aeriesified Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    Pierogies!!!! :)

Hell yes!
  • rudegyal_b
    rudegyal_b Posts: 593 Member
    Options
    i made this last night, it was awesome

http://allrecipes.com/recipe/sauerkraut-and-tomato-stew/detail.aspx

except i skipped the water and rice and made it like a sauce over turnip mash
  • RzRzRzR
    RzRzRzR Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Serve it with pork, chicken, or turkey - or even tofu!
  • suzannnicole
    suzannnicole Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    If you are worried that it will go bad, just freeze whatever doesn't go into this meal.
  • slimmergalpal
    slimmergalpal Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    bump for later
  • BigBrewski
    BigBrewski Posts: 922 Member
    Options
    I grew up with sauerkraut and pork tenderloin simmering all day in a crock pot.

just like mom used to make yum
  • Debtappe
    Debtappe Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    Slow cook it all day with a pork roast.
  • EDesq
    EDesq Posts: 1,527 Member
    Options
    Cut up a Knockwurst and simmer in the kraut or on a toasted bun (of your choice) split open the knockwurst and fry it, add cheese and kraut...mustard, potato salad on the side!
  • SkinnyByTammie
    Options
    I love it on top of salads, but one of my favorite things for breakfast or lunch is an open face hot dog, Hebrew National 40 cal dog, 1/2 hot dog bun, mustard, jalapenos and LOTS of kraut :-) About 100 calories and delish!
  • mytime60
    mytime60 Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    Here in Pennsylvania Dutch country we eat "Pork and Kraut", which is shredded pork loin mixed in with the Kraut.

This sounds delicious! Do you just shred the cooked pork loin and mix it with the Kraut; or do youi cook them together and then shred the pork once it's cooked?
  • miracle4me
    miracle4me Posts: 522 Member
    Options
    I have a big container of sauerkraut and want to eat it but I grew up eating it with mayo and ketchup on hot dogs. To many calories that way. Any ideas?

I love Sauerkraut and had it tonight with a pork chop. The sauerkrout was sauted in a tablespoon of butter with seasonings along with the Pork chop it was good! Sauerkraut is low in calories and carbs the perfect diet food. The low carb forum had a recipe for sauerkraut soup you can put it in the search engine to find it. I have not made it yet but will. SauerKrout goes good with sliced potatoes in it also. hope that helps you.