Would you rather be "wanted" or "needed" ?

Options

Replies

• Madelinew22
    Madelinew22 Posts: 289
    Options
    Both:)!!! It's nice to be wanted but I wanna be usefull too (<<needed)
  • Cliffslosinit
    Cliffslosinit Posts: 5,044 Member
    Options
    I want to be needed....you know like bread dough

...and then punched down after two hours??!?!?!

Back to the topic...

I quote the philosopher Robin Zander (Cheap Trick)...I Want You to Want Me

was just too easy...wasn't it?
  • Eaglesfanintn
    Eaglesfanintn Posts: 813 Member
    Options
    Wanted, wanted! Dead or alive!
  • korsicash
    korsicash Posts: 770 Member
    Options
    Wanted. I dislike needy. But there is also a fine line between the two. I like to walk the side of want but when two people choose to share a life there is a bit of need that goes along with all that.
  • BigDaddyBRC
    BigDaddyBRC Posts: 2,395 Member
    Options
    Always wanted, never needed.

To need is to imply that you simply cannot do without, when in reality you can. It just sucks more.
  • aliciagetshealthy
    aliciagetshealthy Posts: 946 Member
    Options
    Wanted......

So you desire my attention, my touch, and what I do for you....If you want me you will TRY to please me!!

If you need me then it's kind of a job and anyone can fill the void as long as they provide for your needs i.e. a roof, clothes, and a food.

Perfectly said
  • tistal
    tistal Posts: 869 Member
    Options
    Wanted
  • BamaBreezeNSaltAire
    BamaBreezeNSaltAire Posts: 966 Member
    Options
    Wanted!!!
  • tistal
    tistal Posts: 869 Member
    Options
    Wanted......

So you desire my attention, my touch, and what I do for you....If you want me you will TRY to please me!!

If you need me then it's kind of a job and anyone can fill the void as long as they provide for your needs i.e. a roof, clothes, and a food.

Perfectly said!
  • anat0my
    anat0my Posts: 15
    Options
    Wanted. As more as a self esteem thing than anything, though wanting can directly lead to needing, which is you look at it like that, isn't such a bad thing.
  • sansey
    sansey Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    Wanted!!
  • bigdawg025
    bigdawg025 Posts: 774 Member
    Options
    I will take wanted every time... Needed implies a more codependent sort of relationship along with a lack of personal choice as far as the relationship goes.
  • IpuffyheartHeelsinthegym
    IpuffyheartHeelsinthegym Posts: 5,573 Member
    Options
    wanted, I don't want to be his mommy
  • sculley
    sculley Posts: 2,012 Member
    Options
    WANTED...... I don't want to be with someone only because they need me to do things for them in order to make it through the day. I rather have a guy that can hold his own and choose not to live without me... I think for women though we like (naturally)to feel needed, it's just a maternal extinct of sorts lol
  • Loves418
    Loves418 Posts: 330 Member
    Options
    Wanted for sure. I hate when somebody is needy. I can't deal with it. Unless it was when my kids where very little then they can't help but be needy. On another note truthfully now where I am in my journey of losing weight. I want to be left alone. Neither wanted or needed. I "want" everyone in my household to do for themselves and let me be!!!
  • brentrhodes
    brentrhodes Posts: 139
    Options
    Wanted
  • Lize11e
    Lize11e Posts: 419
    Options
    I need to be wanted :love:
  • babygurl48
    babygurl48 Posts: 1,236 Member
    Options
    both??

this! needed by my kids, but wanted mostly.
  • kansasbelle
    kansasbelle Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    I was NEEDED to enable my husbands addcition for 10 years. I was NEEDED to keep a roof over our head, feed us and pay all the bills. What I needed was freedom from manipulation and guilt. I will never be NEEDED again it costs too much emotionally and physically (85 pound weight gain and high blood pressure medications) I Don't NEED anyone in my life but I sure do want someone. I NEED to be wanted. To have someone in my life who deserves my affection and attention. Who wants my company because they enjoy it not because of what I can do for them or they can do for me.
  • spacecase76
    spacecase76 Posts: 673 Member
    Options
    My feelings: Needing me means "He couldn't survive without me, because of all the things I do for him." Wanting me means "He could survive without me, but chooses not to."

This is what I think as definition, too.

Definitely prefer to be wanted. BF survived for 39 years before we met. He keeps me around because he enjoys my company and *wants* us to be together. Definitely a nice feeling :love: