Would you rather be "wanted" or "needed" ?

Options

Replies

• NNAhuja
    NNAhuja Posts: 669 Member
    Options
    Wanted for the same reason you listed.
  • Captain_Mal
    Captain_Mal Posts: 945 Member
    Options
    I like to be wanted & needed and needed & wanted. =)
  • herwitsend
    herwitsend Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I guess I'm lucky, because I'm both. (WANTED and needed. )

My dear hubby is both. I love him so much and want him around, I deffinitely need him here too. I couldn't imagine life without him.

He is as much a part of me as my right arm, and I would give that up, before I gave him up. :heart: :heart: :heart:

^^This! I absolutely love to be wanted, but I also love that my husband needs me. For him to *not* need me implies that what I give can be acquired somewhere else. There is a difference in needing someone and being "needy."
  • Romans624
    Romans624 Posts: 822
    Options
    Love songs always want things to be as dramatic as possible. Same with movies. A person should be able to look after their needs emotionally, spiritually, and physically. Its unhealthy (although I can be guilty) to put a person in charge of meeting your needs... although certain ones make sense in a relationship (love,affection, sex, quality time, respect, etc).

So being wanted and chosen. The difference is being needed is what people think makes them choose you over someone else, but that's just a choice. I choose to stay married to the man I love and committed myself to, although I can survive and get my needs met somehow if it falls apart. Doesn't mean life will be the same or I'll be happier - or that I won't always feel his absence like a part of me that is missing... but I can make it.
  • still_crafty
    still_crafty Posts: 692 Member
    Options
    I think there's a fine line between the two when you love and desire someone so much that it actually hurts when you can't be with them. Everyone is equating "need" with what the person takes away from the relationship. I look at it a little differently.

Of course, I want to be "wanted" but to know that someone loves me, wants me and desires me so much as to "need" me in their life, that is what it means to me to "need" someone.
  • khelser
    khelser Posts: 27
    Options
    I want to be wanted. But I do think that when you are wanted, you are also needed. They go hand in hand......being needed alone is what I don't want.
  • IamSam25
    IamSam25 Posts: 21
    Options
    Most certianly wanted
  • prudolph69
    prudolph69 Posts: 13
    Options
    Definitively WANTED
  • Jessaustx
    Jessaustx Posts: 130
    Options
    Wanted not needed.

Glad we're all in agreement! :)
  • mallorybriann
    mallorybriann Posts: 1,380 Member
    Options
    I want you covered in bacon...
    Wanted just like BACON!!!
  • AveryWays
    AveryWays Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    Wanted...that's why I divorced the guy that needed me. He really just needed a mommy.

^^ This! Wanted is so much better.
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    Options
    need is only sexy when you're naked.
  • RipperSB
    RipperSB Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    I want to be needed....you know like bread dough

...and then punched down after two hours??!?!?!

Back to the topic...

I quote the philosopher Robin Zander (Cheap Trick)...I Want You to Want Me

Now the song is in my head and I have to youtube it!! Thanks. :)

"Didn't I, didn't I, didn't I see you cryin'?"
  • Slendermike
    Slendermike Posts: 1,776 Member
    Options
    USED
  • snoopytwins
    snoopytwins Posts: 1,759 Member
    Options
    I think there's a fine line between the two when you love and desire someone so much that it actually hurts when you can't be with them. Everyone is equating "need" with what the person takes away from the relationship. I look at it a little differently.

Of course, I want to be "wanted" but to know that someone loves me, wants me and desires me so much as to "need" me in their life, that is what it means to me to "need" someone.
    This...
  • couponfun
    couponfun Posts: 714 Member
    Options
    I'm needed all the time...I haven't been wanted since before kid #1. Definitely wanted :laugh: :laugh:
  • couponfun
    couponfun Posts: 714 Member
    Options
    USED

LOL +1
  • maggiejbl
    maggiejbl Posts: 7
    Options
    Neither. I am too much of a stubborn, bitter person.
  • Lil_MiSsSunshiNe
    Options
    I'd rather be WANTED for who I am, that NEEDED for who I am. The word need just doesn't sit well with me.
  • Jules2Be
    Jules2Be Posts: 2,267 Member
    Options
    how bout "slammed up against a wall"?