Replies

• greasygriddle_wechnage
    greasygriddle_wechnage Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    To Kevlar, the greatest dog, and best friend! :drinker: :cry:
  • _Timmeh_
    _Timmeh_ Posts: 2,096 Member
    Options
    Sorry for your loss, tough decision but one that has to be made.
    We had to put down our Yorkie a few years back, tore me into pieces. RIP Kevlar.
  • morganhccstudent724
    morganhccstudent724 Posts: 1,261 Member
    Options
    Found this from an email I sent to a friend who lost her dog a few months ago:

http://bayintegratedmarketing.wordpress.com/2012/03/18/a-dogs-purpose-from-a-6-year-old/

My thoughts are with you.
  • JustJennie1
    JustJennie1 Posts: 3,843 Member
    Options
    Oh no! I am so sorry that you have to go through this. It truly is the toughest decision to make and the hardest thing to watch. We had to put our dog down almost 10 years ago and I still tear up and cry every time I think about that day. It is never an easy decision but rest assured that what you are doing is the compassionate and best thing for your dog.
  • EmCarroll1990
    EmCarroll1990 Posts: 2,849 Member
    Options
    Damn...
    Tiffany just texted me at 11:09.
    It's done.

This just made me cry. I'm so so sorry.
  • MrsSWW
    MrsSWW Posts: 1,590 Member
    Options
    Damn...
    It's done.

He is at peace now :heart: Please take time to grieve, you love him as you do any family member. My husband and I have sobbed together numerous times over the past 8 days, I don't think any less of him for it and I know there are more tears yet to come. Ours are all rescued dogs and if there is one small comfort to be had it is that you gave him such a great life.

R.I.P. Kevlar, much loved and never forgotten x
  • mbts08
    mbts08 Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    I'm very sorry. It sounds like you all had a wonderful life together. Thank you for saving a shelter dog.:flowerforyou:
  • soccermom004
    soccermom004 Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    We had to put our family pet (a rescue mix of rott/lab and who know what else) of 15 years down last August. It was very hard on everyone especially my youngest son, then 5. He too wanted to get a new dog but I knew that I was not ready. Last week we picked up our new puppy, the offspring of a mama dog who gave birth to 10 pups 3 weeks after being picked up off the streets. He is already a del loved member of the family. A lot of work for me but well worth it. Would not have been ready last August though. My sympathy on your loss. I know how tough it is. But make sure your ready for a new pup and not just getting one to fill the void.
  • speedyf
    speedyf Posts: 1,571 Member
    Options
    Damn...
    It's done.

My heart goes out to you and your family.
    Don't ever forget that you did the right thing for him. :heart: