Biggest Pet Peeves at the Gym

Options

Replies

• DieVixen
    DieVixen Posts: 790 Member
    Options

& yes females wearing make up and/ their hair down is something I don't understand. Your clogging up your pores... more prone to pimples & it's going to mess up anyway!!! Buy some face wipes & take that mask off lol
    As for letting your hair down.... its HOT.. your making everyone HOT... just stop it!

How does this impead your workout in anyway?
  • mcrowe1016
    mcrowe1016 Posts: 647 Member
    Options

& yes females wearing make up and/ their hair down is something I don't understand. Your clogging up your pores... more prone to pimples & it's going to mess up anyway!!! Buy some face wipes & take that mask off lol
    As for letting your hair down.... its HOT.. your making everyone HOT... just stop it!

How does him not liking it impead you in any way?:wink:
  • beauty2323
    beauty2323 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    :huh: Ummm obviously it doesn't but these are MY PET PEEVES!!!

Now if some of the things I wrote are some things you do.. O Well.:ohwell: I don’t really care what anyone does bc I’m there to get my workout on!!!
    If you want sweat all over your hair (& have your hair sticking to you) and you like the excessive heat then HOORAY for you!!! If you like clogging your pores then HOORAY for you!!! If your trying find men at the gym then HOORAY for you!!! :laugh:
  • beauty2323
    Options

Now if some of the things I wrote are some things you do.. O Well. :ohwell: I don’t really care what anyone does bc I’m there to get my workout on!!!
    If you want sweat all over your hair (& have your hair sticking to you) and you like the excessive heat then HOORAY for you!!! If you like clogging your pores then HOORAY for you!!! If your trying find men at the gym then HOORAY for you!!! :laugh:
  • crush86
    crush86 Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    Guys that grunt and drop weights.

HATE THIS!!!!!
  • DieVixen
    DieVixen Posts: 790 Member
    Options

Now if some of the things I wrote are some things you do.. O Well. :ohwell: I don’t really care what anyone does bc I’m there to get my workout on!!!

You must not be working very hard to notice what other people are doing so much...but hey HOORAY for you
  • treblemaker90
    treblemaker90 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    People who comment on the other people in the gym. Whether you're trying to get fit or you are already fit and want to maintain it, we all have our reasons for being there and should support each other not bring them down because they have a different body type.
  • justal313
    justal313 Posts: 1,375 Member
    Options
    The very reason why I bought my own SOLE elliptical to work on at home is my gym pet peeve:

When I'm the only person using the ellipticals and (at the small gym I used to go to) there are about eight to ten available and a person will come in and get on the elliptical RIGHT next to mine.(!) I want to say...why don't you choose one over there? Why the one right next to me? It's weird...and creepy. I just don't get it.

I don't understand why people complain about what others are wearing. I never even look at that. What others wear or how they look is not what motivates me....which is why I don't need a gym to workout. Being healthy is what motivates me and at home, there's only ONE elliptical, so no one can come and invade my personal space. hehe

For me, I have very specific ellipticals I want to use. If I'm reading I don't want to be under the giant lights hanging down from the ceiling. The sun doesn't wash out my kindle but these magic lights somehow do. If I'm listening to music I need one of the ellipticals that has a good view of the foodnetwork TV so I can watch Paula Dean slowly kill herself and her children with butter, It's like a car wreck, but with peaches.
  • beauty2323
    Options

You must not be working very hard to notice what other people are doing so much...but hey HOORAY for you

LOL Ohhh yea I just love watching people at the gym! :yawn:
    If you love wearing your MASK (makeup) (or your hair out) then why even bother commenting .... DO YOU!!!!!!
    I didn't know we were here to debate.

You've been on this Post since Page 1...... are you not bored??!!!
  • mcrowe1016
    mcrowe1016 Posts: 647 Member
    Options

If you love wearing your MASK (makeup) (or your hair out) then why even bother commenting .... DO YOU!!!!!!

The same reason she wears black lipstick and fairy wings....she likes the attention even if most people think she is crazy. Classic troll, IMO :bigsmile:
  • tomakehermine
    Options
    i wear make up to the gym all the time - if i am attending a 6:15p spin class why am i going to wash off my make up from the day before hand? especially since i will be showering right after - don't seem to have an issue with clogged pores/pimples *shrugs*
  • PJ64
    PJ64 Posts: 866 Member
    Options
    1) People

2) Other people
  • beauty2323
    Options

The same reason she wears black lipstick and fairy wings....she likes the attention even if most people think she is crazy. Classic troll, IMO :bigsmile:

:huh: ok... that's great... she can do her thing!!!
  • beauty2323
    Options
    1) People

2) Other people

^^^ :laugh:
  • ichorica
    ichorica Posts: 475 Member
    Options
    It's not a pet peeve, but I don't understand why some guys workout in jeans and boots. That can't be comfortable.

This is my husband. He runs in Jeans too. Its weird but whatever...lol
  • ichorica
    Options
    People who spend 45 minutes on a treadmill in slippers or clogs and not work out clothes going 1.5 mph and hogging the machines just cause they have to be there for a class.

Seriously?!? Go walk around the track and let the people who actually WANT to work out use the machines!

LOL this reminds me of Romy and Michelle's High School Reunion...lo;
  • DrMAvDPhD
    DrMAvDPhD Posts: 2,097 Member
    Options

& yes females wearing make up and/ their hair down is something I don't understand. Your clogging up your pores... more prone to pimples & it's going to mess up anyway!!
    I'm sorry sweating with make up on gives you pimples. I don't have that problem and since I wash my face AFTER I'm done working out, I will continue to go to the gym with make-up on.
  • orchids85
    orchids85 Posts: 7
    Options
    i totally agree, you go to the gym to work out not to be stuck on the phone and is not just that is also when they are loud about it!!!
  • ichorica
    Options
    Yeaaaa this is why I dont go to the gym, because people are too judgy and I'm not perfect.

You get that everywhere..got to just roll with it and keep doing you.
  • Elf_Princess1210
    Elf_Princess1210 Posts: 895 Member
    Options
    I actually think it is funny to watch the pretty girls try to impress a guy with their weaves and designer athletic gear. I can almost hear Steve Erwin saying, " watch as the female human trys to catch her mate". :) hehe. This is especially funny when the guy is half their age and they lay it on really thick only to get rejected. Same goes for the guys that hit on the ladies.

My only pet peeve is when some muscle bound meat head comments about my weight. Yeah dumb *kitten*, that's why I am here and I have just as much right to be here as you do. I pay my membership like everyone else. Don't look at me if you think I'm gross, and for your information this time next year I will be one of those girls that will reject you when you attempt some lame *kitten* pickup line on me. Just because I'm fat now doesn't mean I'm going to stay that way.

Oh and I just very recently got over my fear of going to the gym.