Replies

• Picola1984
    Picola1984 Posts: 1,133
    Options
    The gym attendant who stares and looks like an orc
  • sisierra
    sisierra Posts: 707 Member
    Options
    Women that come in with no make up and any old shirt they pull off the floor.

I do this. AND I let my clothes dry in my locker and wear them the next day. I work 60 hours a week, I don't have time, nor do I care what people think about my lack of makeup or laundry.

SO THERE.

she was kidding, but just letting your clothes air out...ew. that definitely don't get rid of the funk honey child
  • caitychu
    caitychu Posts: 39
    Options
    This is stupid. You sweat off your make up any ways. If you don't, you're not doing a good enough job. NO ONE should look "cute" or "pretty" after a work out. Not even models do.

EDIT: Sorry, I'm new to posting. This was a response to this :

"Women that come in with no make up and any old shirt they pull off the floor.

people that stare at me when im on my phone ....seriously f off"

I agree, it's stupid to put on makeup just for going to the gym. I do however head to the gym after work with my makeup still on haha. I'm usually missing 1/2 my eyebrows by the time I'm done... (I usually like to look in the mirror after just to see how messed up it is and have a laugh haha).
    Well that's different! I mean, I don't care if people go on with make up, by all means, take an hour or two to go to the gym to sweat it off, but the fact she said her pet peeve was "Women that come in with no make up" was a little irritating and ignorant, also sexist.
  • caitychu
    caitychu Posts: 39
    Options
    My gym is a girl's only gym. The people who run the gym won't let us go use the weights whenever we want. We have to have a supervisor, and someone in there to watch us/teach us what to do. Not all of us need that help.... I'm considering switching gyms.

You should..that setup blows.

SUPER SEXIST WOW! (not the guy who responded, but the gym) That's ridiculous!
  • MissMollieD
    MissMollieD Posts: 130
    Options
    My pet peeve - and I have come close to actually telling this individual to knock it off - is this guy that uses the equipment incorrectly and is going to break it. For example, we have these elliptical-like steppers and he lifts himself off the pedals to make it go fast (and it's obviously ineffective way to work out) and the machine starts knocking and making all sorts of noise that echoes through the room (disturbing every one, as well). You'd think the obnoxious knocking would clue him in that what he is doing is not correct or good for the equipment. I don't think he will stop until he breaks it.

Torques me off.
  • chazsucks
    chazsucks Posts: 170
    Options
    Women that come in with no make up and any old shirt they pull off the floor.

people that stare at me when im on my phone ....seriously f off

I go to the gym in an old tshirt and no makeup, why would I get dressed up to sweat and ruin nice clothes that will just be chucked in the wash anyway and end up with makeup running down my face.

My pet peeve is exactly the opposite, girls that come in with thick makeup, perfume, hotpants and a bra....... attention seeking much? lol
  • chazsucks
    chazsucks Posts: 170
    Options
    January.

Look I get it, you made a new years resolution but the fact of the matter is that you aren't going to stick with it.

A new years resolution is a gimmick.

Stop crowding the gym.

I joined the gym on a January as a new years resolution and have never stopped going :) All my friends who go to the gym also all joined after a heavy Christmas lol. I think it's a great time to start.

I also quit smoking as a new years resolution and have never touched one since
  • carlafinley
    carlafinley Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    1, people that don't wear enough deodorant and smell bad!

2, people that sweat a lot but don't wipe themselves down so they flick their sweat in you!!!

3, people that do classes but spend most off the time chatting instead of working out

4, I alway seem the get the sweaty smelly hairy men next to me :-(
  • SF2514
    SF2514 Posts: 794 Member
    Options
    I've seen people look at me like I'm crazy because I have "full" makeup on when going to the gym. Honestly though, it's not that I put it on for the gym, I just don't sweat that much at work. So when I am off, it's still pretty mint lol. I completely agree with the choking perfume/cologne thing. There's this girl in my kickboxing class.... It's like she jumped into the Macy's perfume counter, broke every bottle they had, and just decided to roll around in it for a few hours before heading out. I hate when she's in because it bothers my Asthma.
  • _the_feniks_
    _the_feniks_ Posts: 3,443 Member
    Options
    Another one for me... short and curlys. Nothing worse then when you go to sit your towel down on the shower bench and there are more pubes on the bench than a stripper's dressing room.
  • patranus
    patranus Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    January.

Look I get it, you made a new years resolution but the fact of the matter is that you aren't going to stick with it.

A new years resolution is a gimmick.

Stop crowding the gym.

I joined the gym on a January as a new years resolution and have never stopped going :) All my friends who go to the gym also all joined after a heavy Christmas lol. I think it's a great time to start.

I also quit smoking as a new years resolution and have never touched one since

Touche.
    (but you are in the small minority. from what i read research has shown that gym membership returns to yearly average after mid February)
  • torygirl79
    torygirl79 Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    Kids swimming lessons in the pool meaning I can never swim directly after work.

The two perverts who never swim but sit around the jacuzzi staring at girls particularly during aqua aerobics.

People using the rowing machines as chairs. We have 5 machines, normally at least 3 have people perched on them chatting whilst the other 2 are in use.
  • sglato
    sglato Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Haha!! too funny. I wonder the same thing sometimes.
  • kelseyhere
    kelseyhere Posts: 1,123 Member
    Options
    RE-RACK THE GOD DAMNED WEIGHTS.

If you and your chicken legs are strong enough to do 3 plates with horrible form on squats, you should put them back.

Oh yeah, and when people talk to me.

^^ That's it.

And for all you girls attacking the make-up wearers, stop being so catty. Yeah I show up in full make-up, and yeah I come straight from my job where I work in sales and marketing where sorry to say but my looks make a difference, and NO I am not going to waste more time removing that make-up when I can just start sweating and let it all run down my face :)

Stop worrying about what other people are doing, do your own workout and stay outta the way.
  • fitforlife34
    fitforlife34 Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    People that talk on their cell phone while on the treadmill.

I totally agree about the people that don't wipe down the equipment - Gross!

Most of the gyms I've been to don't allow that

If I had an emergency call I would go on a exercise bike. Who in the heck can jog on a treadmill and talk on a cell phone???
  • mchull
    mchull Posts: 10
    Options
    i dunno if this is really a pet peeve, but i don't understand walking on a treadmill... wouldn't it be more interesting to walk outside? you can walk pretty much anywhere, and theres the whole bonus of a changing environment to keep you interested. i realize you can run outside too but its so much easier to push yourself with the treadmill going at fixed speed.

also germaphobes... yes sweat is "gross" but thats the peril of using shared equipment. wiping it off with a towel may make you feel better but honestly its not going to do much to eliminate the chances of you catching a bacterial infection from someone else, especially if the towel they use has been repeatedly used for the purpose of cleaning sweat off machines. take a freaking shower after you work out and get over it. while its true that a lot of infections spread in gyms its also true that the majority of people who go to gyms don't get infections... the instinctive revulsion seems unjustified compared to the actual danger posed by contact with someone elses sweat.

During the summer I prefer to walk on a treadmill...it's hot in South TX and I HATE heat/humidity. For some people, they can go longer while watching TV than they may outside.
  • Scorpioangel
    Scorpioangel Posts: 951 Member
    Options
    1. Men who stare at me while I am hitting the weights the whole time.

2. Women who talk and gossip the whole time while on the treadmill.

3. Women and men on the phone as loud as can be.

4. Creepers in general.
  • AngelRobbie
    AngelRobbie Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    My biggest pet peeve at the gym has already been mentioned, but here it is again; When I am in my groove, head phones on (and loud so I can't even hear my own thoughts) and getting it done and then someone starts talking to me. I always try to just ignore it (makes me kind of a b**** but I'm here for ME!) but then I end up having to stop what I'm doing and take my headphones off and then they spout out some crap about the weather..? Seriously, WTH?! Leave me alone and let me sweat, BABY!
  • ZoeLifts
    ZoeLifts Posts: 10,347 Member
    Options
    My gym is a girl's only gym. The people who run the gym won't let us go use the weights whenever we want. We have to have a supervisor, and someone in there to watch us/teach us what to do. Not all of us need that help.... I'm considering switching gyms.

Holy cow!!! I would switch immediately!! :noway:
  • ZoeLifts
    ZoeLifts Posts: 10,347 Member
    Options
    I actually didn't see my pet peeve. I guess it's more of a concern because it doesn't effect me any, just the person that does it: People on the ellipticals/steppers/treadmills that are laying half their body weight or more across the bars or top of the machine while their legs move, rather than standing up and working out. You really aren't getting very good benefit doing it that way and it seems more painful in the long run. That's just my .02!