The difference between "flirting" and "being creepy"

Options

Replies

• littlepinkhearts
    littlepinkhearts Posts: 1,055 Member
    Options
    Okay, well, now how about when you constantly see posts by someone on a friend's page, but you are not friends with this other person and decide to drop them a pm simply complimenting them on how good they look and to keep up the great work. No friend request, no pic, no questions. A fly-by compliment, if you will. Creepy? :huh:

I would have to say that's bordering on creepy. Depends what (if anything) you did after that. My personal opinion. I have a very sensitive creep monitor though.
  • _SusieQ_
    _SusieQ_ Posts: 2,964 Member
    Options
    Flirty is when it makes you wet.
    Creepy is when it makes you nauseous.
  • logicman69
    logicman69 Posts: 1,034 Member
    Options
    If you are a HOT guy it is flirting.

If not then it will likely be regarded as creepy.

I disagree. It's all about the way you say (type) things. Humor is key, without humor, things can sound creepy.

This!!!
    You can come out with the worst line in the world, and it will work if you put the right spin on it. It's all in HOW you say it, not WHAT you say. This is why flirting over the internet can be tricky. Tone of voice and body lanuage is removed from the factors so you are left with just context.
  • iam_thatdude
    iam_thatdude Posts: 1,279 Member
    Options
    So my question ....has any guy ever had a girl be creepy?

YES! and they are usually constant FR from women under 22 (im 41, so I just auto deny) but then they PM in the most forward freaking ways that even though Im a perv (in a good way) I think girls (and yes they are girls to me) just shouldnt be doing that to old dudes like me.
  • logicman69
    logicman69 Posts: 1,034 Member
    Options
    friend request accepted:

creeper: hey your really pretty, I am a sucker for blonde hair and blue eyes-- and where are you located exactly???

instant friend removal!!

Damn... there goes my opening line.. ;-)
  • sktllmdrhmz
    sktllmdrhmz Posts: 2,073 Member
    Options
    Okay, well, now how about when you constantly see posts by someone on a friend's page, but you are not friends with this other person and decide to drop them a pm simply complimenting them on how good they look and to keep up the great work. No friend request, no pic, no questions. A fly-by compliment, if you will. Creepy? :huh:

I would have to say that's bordering on creepy. Depends what (if anything) you did after that. My personal opinion. I have a very sensitive creep monitor though.

See, I think this one depends very much on the current profile pic. I could probably get away with it with my current pic, but I would probably get shut down if I had the blue pic up.
  • AtticusFinch
    AtticusFinch Posts: 1,263 Member
    Options
    I can't tell the difference. It's flirting as far as I'm concerned until I get reported to the mods (repeatedly !). Some people can't take a compliment.
  • hoskibn
    hoskibn Posts: 86
    Options
    Flirting - what I think I am doing

Creepy - what she thinks I am doing
  • sktllmdrhmz
    Options
    Flirting - what I think I am doing

Creepy - what she thinks I am doing

Bahahahahaha
  • Glucocorticoid
    Glucocorticoid Posts: 867 Member
    Options
    Some of these creepy ones are great, thanks for the ideas!
  • Just_Dot
    Just_Dot Posts: 2,289 Member
    Options
    You have amazing eyes...

Vs

You have amazing eyes...I wonder how they'd look in the glass case next to my bed.
  • small_ninja
    small_ninja Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    Flirting - when they're reciprocating or open to it

Creepy - when they're not; if you know way too much about them, follow them around, or keep trying it on with them despite getting the feeling that they're probably not that keen then you're being creepy.

So by that analysis, yes, looks will probably come into it a little bit, but a stellar personality and sense of humour could redeem you.
  • Oliviamarie05
    Oliviamarie05 Posts: 528 Member
    Options
    I think we need a creep the above poster thread.
  • RunnerBlonde808
    RunnerBlonde808 Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    You have amazing eyes...

Vs

You have amazing eyes...I wonder how they'd look in the glass case next to my bed.

That's more than creepy. That's a bit scary! lol.
  • Typhanee83
    Typhanee83 Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    My husband is a total creeper. In a flirty kind of way. He sneaks up behind me in the store and smells me.

AW! So sweet!
  • Danielle_2013
    Danielle_2013 Posts: 806 Member
    Options
    u sure have a purty mouth....do u floss?

LOL.. should I be looking this up in the Urban Dictionary or are you just being sweet? :wink:
  • iam_thatdude
    Options
    Flirting: Id like to screw you
    Creepy: id like to Skewer you
  • iam_thatdude
    Options
    u sure have a purty mouth....do u floss?

LOL.. should I be looking this up in the Urban Dictionary or are you just being sweet? :wink:

no im just doing the tango so I can tell you about my mouth wash
  • surromom2010
    surromom2010 Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    If you are a HOT guy it is flirting.

If not then it will likely be regarded as creepy.

Truth. This is why I'm a creep. Girls don't like parrots. They tend to stick with their own species.

It probably makes me a total geek to say this but everytime I see your parrot pic and read your posts I think of the episode of full metal alchemist where the "sun god" tried to bring a human back to life with a bunch of bird souls. You're right, it's creepy haha. Please tell me someone else knows what I'm talking about =)
  • sktllmdrhmz
    Options
    I think we need a creep the above poster thread.

Please start one. :)