Drinking alcohol

Options
123457»

Replies

• Ironman2be
    Ironman2be Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    You're either happy where you are, and choose to drink a few beers every night and maintain (like me) Or you want to get in better shape and say no to the beer.

I quit cold turkey for almost a year while i lost 100 lbs...after i hit my goal, and now that it's summertime.. man i love me some cold beers after a long workout!
  • aproc
    aproc Posts: 1,033 Member
    Options
    Not buying it. Even though I wouldn't drink much, the times I did it just led to way too much and more food so I stopped keeping it around and the friends I would drink with know I don't want it so we don't arrange things around alcohol. If I am around it, I just drink plain soda in the hopes that I can trick myself since I would have rum and coke a lot. Seems to work for me. Gives me something to sip on at least.

You could just stick to stuff like vodka and rum though unless it takes a lot to do anything for you. I'm pretty light weight so it doesn't take much.
  • Candy42adore
    Candy42adore Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I too am a big beer drinker. Excercise more and save calories for the beer! It may take a little longer but I have done it so far.........64 lbs! You can too!
  • marlimba
    marlimba Posts: 1
    Options
    why not drink maybe vodka and lemonade rather than beer? Less calories :)
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    Tonight, hubby and I went for a nice dinner. He worked a few nights, I worked a few nights. We were feeling a little out of touch and had the time tonight. I had 2 small glasses of wine. He had a pint. When we got home he had a massive dessert and I had a third glass of wine.
    Would folks like to go ahead and declare me an alcoholic? Go for it.

*I* indulged. Heck, I *I* over indulged. It wasn't potato chips, it wasn't brownies, it wasn't french fries, it wasn't donuts. It was 3 glasses of wine.

Can we please take a moment, consider our own issues, our own baggage, before we diagnose each other? Thanks
  • trybabytry
    trybabytry Posts: 181
    Options
    I have this problem too :( Not because I really like drinking all that much, even -- but my social life makes it REALLY hard to say no to a drink! If I had no friends, I wouldn't drink, end of story. But I absolutely LOVE drinking with my friends and I can't give it up. I've cut down an enormous amount, like I only go out once a week and have 2-3 straight whiskeys and that's it, but my social life has seriously seriously suffered for it and it bums me out enormously.