As a kid I did _____ and probably burned 1000 cals a day

Options

Replies

• beach_please
    beach_please Posts: 533 Member
    Options
    I rode my Strawberry Shortcake big wheel EVERYWHERE when I was little. Until the damn wheel in front split right in half. Then later I did dance, cheering and baton.
  • RobynDCrossman
    Options
    I walked EVERYWHERE! Rode my bike in the back yard (lived in the country) - talk about a workout riding through grass fields and peagravel. LOL. Skip-its. Jumping rope. Running around the yard in nonsensical circles. Basketball. Dance class. Swimming ALL summer long.
  • debloves2ride
    Options
    swam all day long - I was lucky enugh to live on a lake in fl -
  • jsbpitch
    jsbpitch Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Hopscotch!
  • Gioooo
    Gioooo Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    went swimming, playing manhunt, ran races, played spud
  • lisahale
    lisahale Posts: 56
    Options
    Walked or Rode my bike everywhere. Hop Scotch. Jump Rope and we swam in the Bayou all day long and would climb everything . Raced barefooted down dirt rodes .. haha loved being a kid ! Played alot of softball when I got a little older . Kickball and volleyball.
  • Ocarina
    Ocarina Posts: 1,550 Member
    Options
    Walked for miles around the little track at recess
    Climbed on the bars, did flips, and walked the balance beam
    Played soccer and roleplayed with all the boys
    Running back and forth in gym playing dodge ball, doing multiple pull ups, and climbing to the ceiling on the rope
    Biking all over town or walking and exploring different neighborhoods
    Riding bike/roller blading/hiking mountain trails/swimming laps/snowboarding & skiing all day long - up at the resort
  • JACKYGETNMYBODYBACK
    JACKYGETNMYBODYBACK Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    play double dutch
    roller skated
    rode my bike
    play hide go seek
    just played
  • Beezil
    Beezil Posts: 1,677 Member
    Options
    I loved roller blading for about 2 hours every night, or riding my bike. :)
  • SPBROOKS68
    SPBROOKS68 Posts: 561 Member
    Options
    Played outside everyday
    Rode my Bike or Skateboard everywhere
    Took Dance Lessons 2 hours each week
    Ran Track
    Cheered
    Played lots of outdoor games with my brother - Badmitton was my favorite
  • SkettiGurl
    SkettiGurl Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    biking all the time, playing games like tag and mr. wolf, we had a pool till I was 10 so there was always swimming, Jumping rope, swinging till we were even with the bar for hours on end.

In the winter we would go tobogganning and skating and build snowmen and forts, heck just walking to school in the white stuff!
  • cannonsky
    cannonsky Posts: 850 Member
    Options
    I use to spin in circles staring at the floor
  • Blaqheart
    Blaqheart Posts: 235
    Options
    Played in the woods - running, jumping, and climbing
    built forts
    climbed trees
    Swung on vines
    cheerleading
    rode my bike up and down huge hill
    flipped cartwheeled and tumbled all over backyard
    Jumped rope
    skipped
    worked in the garden planting and harvesting
    chased my cousins through the cornfields
    played "Red Rover"
    played on school playground
    skated up and down sidewalk
    Skated in parking lot (we moved to city not nearly fun as it was in country).
    Done gymnastics on clothesline - got pretty good I could flip and stick the landing with a 10!
    walked to and from school (6 miles one way)
    danced and sang with this huge boombox (We had this high front porch that was like a stage so we took turns pretending to be Madonna, cyndi Lauper, Janet Jackson, The Jackson 4 (We only had 4 of us) ect... (This was fun try it sometime).
    BREAK DANCING!
    walked everywhere i wanted to go like library (4 miles one way)
    Played in this HUGE cemetery (Caretaker didn't care we never broke anything and used to pick up trash and limbs for him as we played. Yeah we were the first Goths back in the early 80's having picnicks and hanging out in cemetery. Around here everyone now does this on Sun in Summer. Sooo weird never told anyone about this, but hubby. (I was in my homestate then and moved here 5 yrs ago).
    Swam in the river every summer
    Tv was only in the Winter and when it got dark. Game system??? What was that?? Didn't have a game system until I was 18 and on my own. Super Mario lol!
  • 2012asv
    2012asv Posts: 702 Member
    Options
    great post!

Climbing (monkey bars)
    tether ball
    soccer
    jump rope- a lot
    kick ball
    tennis
    hula hooping
    roller blading
    gardening
    cartwheels
    somersaults

Can't wait to get back into all that...
  • 2012asv
    2012asv Posts: 702 Member
    Options
    I rode my Strawberry Shortcake big wheel EVERYWHERE when I was little. Until the damn wheel in front split right in half. Then later I did dance, cheering and baton.

^That's cute :)
  • stonedrose
    stonedrose Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I walked everywhere. Went to skating rink at least wice a week. Teen dances. Swam all day long most days in the summer. Cheered, gymnastics, basketball..You had to yell for me to come in and eat dinner...I miss those days and the ability to do all of them.
  • emmaonamission
    Options
    I walked everywhere, used to dance loads while pretending to be Britney Spears in music videos/on stage, and my dad and I used to go on really long bike rides. I might try doing all three again :D
  • 1WorkoutAtATime
    Options
    riding my bike, swimming , playing basketball, football, baseball and in the winter shoveling know in my neighborhood to make a lil cash..
  • mznisaelaine
    mznisaelaine Posts: 2,262 Member
    Options
    I ran track and field and played volleyball alot........Oh and tackle football all the time (during my tomboy days) :)
  • jen88ve
    jen88ve Posts: 153
    Options
    Skip-it haha. Also when I was younger (16-18 ish) I would ddr for 4-13 hours a day. I hope to get back to that lmao.

Ahhh I love skip-its!!!! :love: