Does u prefer hardwood or carpet & WHY??

Options
beccas27
beccas27 Posts: 200 Member
I will go 1st.. I prefer hardwood, because it tends to stay cleaner & has that high gloss shine!!

Replies

• ironanimal
    ironanimal Posts: 5,922 Member
    Options
    Hardwood just seems so much more hygienic. Easier to clean and no chance of friction burns :)
  • Sugar_Junkie
    Sugar_Junkie Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    LMAO-- Your topics are amazing. Now for my answer-- hardwood but will settle with carpet
  • victoria4321
    victoria4321 Posts: 1,719 Member
    Options
    I prefer hardwood because it's cleaner. I never had carpet either but I hate when I go to someones house and they demand i take my shoes off because they have carpet. I don't know if they shampoo that carpet every week. Ew.
  • beccas27
    Options
    Hardwood just seems so much more hygienic. Easier to clean and no chance of friction burns :)

Yeah, Plus u can get things stuck in ur carpet & it can be a mess to get out
  • rcharlee
    rcharlee Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    Hardwoods for sure! I have too many animals for carpet.
  • beccas27
    Options
    I prefer hardwood because it's cleaner. I never had carpet either but I hate when I go to someones house and they demand i take my shoes off because they have carpet. I don't know if they shampoo that carpet every week. Ew.

I had carpet when I was younger, But it was like a shag.. I just LOVE hardwood look.. It's so shiny & pretty
  • beccas27
    Options
    LMAO-- Your topics are amazing. Now for my answer-- hardwood but will settle with carpet

Are u more of a area rug kinda girl?
  • Doing_The_Unstruck
    Doing_The_Unstruck Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    Hardwood. It just looks so much nicer than carpet and is easier to keep clean.
  • beccas27
    Options
    Hardwood. It just looks so much nicer than carpet and is easier to keep clean.

Yes, I totally agree, the is nothing worse than getting a spill on ur carpet... On hardwood it just wipes right up!
  • beccas27
    Options
    Hardwoods for sure! I have too many animals for carpet.

I hope not TOO many animals that can be bad for your hardwood to!
  • Sugar_Junkie
    Sugar_Junkie Posts: 366 Member
    Options

I had carpet when I was younger, But it was like a shag.. I just LOVE hardwood look.. It's so shiny & pretty

Hardwood is harder to maintain IMO however I prefer when I visit other peoples house they have hardwood as it is cleaner
  • d0gma
    d0gma Posts: 3,966 Member
    Options
    I prefer a small area rug. I'm all about texture, and I like having something I can run my fingers over.
  • KBGirts
    KBGirts Posts: 882 Member
    Options
    I prefer tile.... like the large Mexican tile stuff. It doesn't get nasty like carpet, and pets don't destroy it like hardwood.
  • beccas27
    Options

Yea.. it is harder to maintain.. I just LOVE the look & when ppl see my hardwood they appreciate all the hard work I put into it
    Hardwood is harder to maintain IMO however I prefer when I visit other peoples house they have hardwood as it is cleaner
  • KBGirts
    KBGirts Posts: 882 Member
    Options
    I prefer tile.... like the large Mexican tile stuff. It doesn't get nasty like carpet, and pets don't destroy it like hardwood.

+area rugs
  • EmCarroll1990
    EmCarroll1990 Posts: 2,849 Member
    Options
    Hardwood, all the time, every time.
  • beccas27
    Options
    I prefer a small area rug. I'm all about texture, and I like having something I can run my fingers over.

Oh so u like the hallway runners?
  • beccas27
    Options

+area rugs

Hmmm.. I have never seen the mexican tile stuff?
  • supatim
    supatim Posts: 239 Member
    Options

Are u more of a area rug kinda girl?

I like a small area rug just in front of the hardwoods - that way you get the best of both worlds. I love your description - "shiny & pretty". Almost makes me believe I would eat off your hardwoods...
  • Carl01
    Carl01 Posts: 9,370 Member
    Options
    I think it is best to have some hardwood next to carpet...just seems to make for a happier home. :smile: