Does u prefer hardwood or carpet & WHY??

Options

Replies

• beccas27
    beccas27 Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    LMAO-- Your topics are amazing. Now for my answer-- hardwood but will settle with carpet

Are u more of a area rug kinda girl?

I like a small area rug just in front of the hardwoods - that way you get the best of both worlds. I love your description - "shiny & pretty". Almost makes me believe I would eat off your hardwoods...

Yea, I try to keep my hardwood floors nice!
  • fiveferrels
    fiveferrels Posts: 397 Member
    Options
    Hardwood preferred

Carpet is ok

Please Please Please no Shag!!!
  • beccas27
    Options
    Hardwood preferred

Carpet is ok

Please Please Please no Shag!!!

Yes... DEF NO SHAG.. I mean that went out like in the 70's... but I have notice ALOT of movies still have SHAG Carpets in the scene!
  • sktllmdrhmz
    sktllmdrhmz Posts: 2,073 Member
    Options
    Anybody else have that carpet that just won't go away? I mean I've tried to go to hardwood and you can just never get it out of all the cracks and crevices. Maybe my floors are just more wrinkly than most. I really have to stretch 'em out to even have a shot at getting at the wood underneath.
  • beccas27
    Options
    ^^.. Yes.. it is ALOT of work.. But if u are having a hard time getting ALL the carpet out .. They sell ALOT of items at stores to get it gone
  • wolverine66
    wolverine66 Posts: 3,779 Member
    Options
    I came here for GasMasterFlas' "HAHAHAHA I SEE WHAT YOU DID THERE" post.

I am disappoint.
  • sktllmdrhmz
    Options

I am disappoint.

Lol, that makes two of us.
  • sportsforfun
    sportsforfun Posts: 353
    Options
    Hardwood for sure. Not as much fun trying to play in a house with carpet down. Not that I wouldn't still play in it.
  • beccas27
    Options
    I have no idea what the 2 of u are talking about?
  • LifeOnMars_
    LifeOnMars_ Posts: 755 Member
    Options

I am disappoint.

I'm also disappoint
  • beccas27
    Options
    What does a landing strip count as? It's a little bit of both.

That my sire.. Is a runner.. Like a hallway runner
  • RyanDanielle5101
    Options
    Some people I swear!!!!!

2f0btwz.jpg

Hardwood floors are great but I like a carpet runner too:)
  • beccas27
    Options
    The carpet runner was OK for me a few years back.. But I only have hardwood floors now
  • MzBug
    MzBug Posts: 2,173 Member
    Options
    Hardwood. When everyone in the house has allergies there is no way to keep carpet clean enough. We are slowly replacing all the old flooring in the house. The kitchen got 12x12 ceramic tiles, all the rest of the rooms got Pergo. Now the only carpet left is the stairs and the upstairs hall. That will get done next year. We do have a couple silk/cashmere oriental type rugs that we have under coffee tables in the livingroom and den. We also have washable throw rugs at the entrance doors to catch shoe goo.
  • Drunkadelic
    Drunkadelic Posts: 948 Member
    Options
    HARDWOOD. It's cleaner, it's more aesthetic, and it's way better than softwood.
  • sktllmdrhmz
    Options
    Hardwood. When everyone in the house has allergies there is no way to keep carpet clean enough. We are slowly replacing all the old flooring in the house. The kitchen got 12x12 ceramic tiles, all the rest of the rooms got Pergo. Now the only carpet left is the stairs and the upstairs hall. That will get done next year. We do have a couple silk/cashmere oriental type rugs that we have under coffee tables in the livingroom and den. We also have washable throw rugs at the entrance doors to catch shoe goo.

fry-can-t-tell-meme-generator-can-t-tell-if-serious-or-trolling-7e8642.jpg
  • beccas27
    Options

Yea... I had carpet ALL thru my house.. But it had to go.. Just too much too keep up with
  • AtticusFinch
    AtticusFinch Posts: 1,263 Member
    Options
    I like both actually.

There's something therapeutic about taking your time polishing a clean hardwood surface, over and over again for a really glossy sheen; but I also love the feel and the smell of a lovely clean short haired carpet.

I know hardwood is more fashionable these days, but a variety of textures against my skin is what does it for me