What Do You Think Your Calorie Intake Was Prior to MFP?

Options
AimersBee
AimersBee Posts: 775 Member
How many calories per day do you think you were having before you joined MFP and started to get fit?!

It scares me to even think about some of the days I had.. haha.. :sick:

Replies

• stickwithme
    stickwithme Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Dreeaaad to think! I know I could sometimes get through 400g of chocolate biscuits (or similar) in one sitting, two at most, and that was a few times a week. That amounts to just a little under my BMR and was just a "snack". So I'd say well over 3000 nearer 4000.
  • AimersBee
    Options
    Yeah 3000-4000.. that's crazy.. I wouldn't even have an idea of what I'd be.. some days I'd say close to that for sure..
  • morgansmom02
    morgansmom02 Posts: 1,139 Member
    Options
    I don't even want to think about that. Probably 3000ish
  • Erica27511
    Erica27511 Posts: 490 Member
    Options
    I calculated one day for kicks and giggles what my typical day was and it was 5,000 *shutter* :noway: No wonder I got to be where I was!!

The calories I have now for the whole day used to be for one meal :embarassed:
  • spampeg
    spampeg Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I began logging my food a few weeks before I started watching what I ate, and almost everyday was 3,500-4,500 calories. Now at 2000, I really don't miss a thing... except the 12 pack of pepsi per day and pizza buffet.
  • ruststar
    ruststar Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    I used to have a candy bar every afternoon, plus a latte in the mornings, sometimes with a muffin or scone. Then there would be the frequent dip into the M&M jar on my colleague's desk. Given I'm eating 2200 now without doing any of that, my guess is I was eating 3000-3500 every day.
  • TexanThom
    TexanThom Posts: 778
    Options
    3000...on a slow day.
  • AimersBee
    Options
    I began logging my food a few weeks before I started watching what I ate, and almost everyday was 3,500-4,500 calories. Now at 2000, I really don't miss a thing... except the 12 pack of pepsi per day and pizza buffet.

12 pack of pepsi per day... holy jebus..
  • DaBossLady24
    DaBossLady24 Posts: 556 Member
    Options
    easily 3,000... and don't get me started on the weekends with the drinks and post-drunk outings :drinker:
  • RainxPain
    RainxPain Posts: 152
    Options
    Not very proud of that. Sometimes it got up to 3.000 when I binged.
  • DJStewie
    DJStewie Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    4000 ish, especially on days I ate out at lunch during the work week. I probably did 2500 calories at lunch sometimes for example: the large order of wings, fries, blue cheese, and sweet tea with a togo cup of sweet tea when I was leaving. Looking back, I was rediculous.
  • catshark209
    catshark209 Posts: 1,133 Member
    Options
    Easy 5000. Started off the day with McDonalds breakfast. 4 hash browns minimum. Then coffee with like 8 tblsps of sugar. Coke at mid morning and Hot Fries. Lunch was pizza and more soda...etc etc.
  • skcornett
    skcornett Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    I'm not sure I can count that high! Breakfast was a killer with the sugar and fat I was eating. There really isn't much I miss from those days.
  • Elizabeth_C34
    Elizabeth_C34 Posts: 6,376 Member
    Options
    I used to have a serious problem with binge eating. I would go days where I would not eat much (maybe 800-900 calories) then binge on 6,000 calorie meals twice a day then not eat much for another day, etc. It was a terrible vicious cycle. The only way I broke it was to eat evenly throughout the day.
  • SmartAlec03211988
    SmartAlec03211988 Posts: 1,896 Member
    Options
    Anywhere from 4,500 to 6,000.

*gag*
  • blynn2708
    blynn2708 Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    I was already eating healthy, just had to tweek a couple minor things, so I don't my calorie intake was much different, but definitely more cautious of sodium and carbs:bigsmile:
  • runnercheryl
    runnercheryl Posts: 1,314 Member
    Options
    I calculated mine a long time ago. I averaged 4000 a day.
  • missattitude57
    Options
    Easily between 3000 and 4000 due to no portion control (I love me some pasta!!) and fast food. Damn you Burger King and your tasty poutines and XT burgers!! *shakes fist*
  • frootcat
    frootcat Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    Going by calculators and such, it must have been above 2500. Not necessarily by much, but enough that I was still putting on a pound here and there. That makes the most sense, but...

There's an article out there called something like 'Obese at 700 Calories a Day' and it really resonates with me. I was generally only eating one meal a day (because I wasn't hungry), but once or twice a week I would really go crazy and pig out. Not a binge in the clinical sense--it wasn't uncontrolled--but a whole lot of high calorie food after virtually nothing all week. Additionally, there was almost no exercise.

Obese at 700 calories a day has got to be rare, but I kinda wonder.