What Do You Think Your Calorie Intake Was Prior to MFP?

Options

Replies

• contingencyplan
    contingencyplan Posts: 3,639 Member
    Options
    I had been losing weight and eating what I thought was healthy long before I joined MFP. I joined because I hit a plateau after losing ~115 lbs when I still had about 20-30 lbs left to go and needed to closely monitor things in order to figure out how to break it. After joining MFP I figured out that the reason was because I was actually UNDER eating. I was barely hitting 1500 calories a day when I should be getting over 1k calories more to maintain my activity level.
  • snix1024
    snix1024 Posts: 81
    Options
    Two Starbuck's frapps with whip a day...probably greater than 3500-4000. I have not had a Starbucks anything for 6 weeks. :)
  • Jacwhite22
    Jacwhite22 Posts: 7,012 Member
    Options
    Depends. One day I would eat 800 and the next day I would eat 3000......One the 800 days I stayed the same and on the 3000 days I got fatter. Then I started eating 1900 every day and lost it all.
  • Ebwash89
    Ebwash89 Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    :blushing: 5000 Easily!
  • paint_it_black
    paint_it_black Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    Probably only around 2000 per day, i've been this size for 3 years and ate reasonably well, my 2 big issues are wine and energy drinks though, on a bad day i could easily blow 1500 cals just on drinks
  • GambinoGirl
    GambinoGirl Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    On weekends? A lot! Cause of drinking and then ordering pizza at like 1am.
  • JoolieW68
    JoolieW68 Posts: 1,879 Member
    Options
    At least 3000-4000 per day. We ate out a LOT and I'd easily have a 1000+ calorie meal (huge greasy burger with basket of fries, huge plate of pasta with creamy sauce).

Damn, now I'm hungry.
  • tabinmaine
    tabinmaine Posts: 965 Member
    Options
    last weekend I took a 4 day hiatus from tracking ( been doing it for 5 months) and ate anything I wanted, plus I was travelling 2 of those 4 days....

went back in Tues morning and logged it all....OMG 3500-4000 each day, most of it crap food too

And that used to my normal eating pattern...... it's no wonder I am overweight......

sheesh
  • KittieLea
    KittieLea Posts: 1,156 Member
    Options
    I actually first lost my weight with Weight Watchers about 10 years ago. So before that I'm sure my calories were closer to 3000. It wasn't just how much I was eating, but what I was eating as well.
    I never ate breakfast but would start my day with a huge lunch of chicken fried steak and mashed potatoes or whatever horrible *kitten* the Kroger deli had on special for the day. I would also grab myself a freshly baked cookie (or two) from the bakery each time I went to the restroom. For a snack I'd usually have a bagel and cream cheese, followed by a dinner of Hamburger Helper (I can't believe this stuff is even legal!) or some artery clogging meal at the local Mexican restaurant.
    My heaviest weight was 170 and I'm 5'2''.
  • therealangd
    therealangd Posts: 1,861 Member
    Options
    3000 to 5000 depending on the day.
  • jkrim941
    jkrim941 Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    Not very proud of that. Sometimes it got up to 3.000 when I binged.

It takes a big person to admit these things. I'm proud of you for that.
  • Dare2BThin
    Dare2BThin Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    Easily 4000+ I had fast food for almost every meal...my husband (BF at the time) and I never stayed in the house always on the go late nights early mornings...he didnt realize I knew how to cook until we were in our 20s ( we met at 16) LOL
  • ValerieMartini2Olives
    ValerieMartini2Olives Posts: 3,024 Member
    Options
    I would put it between 3000-5000
  • lovelysummerbabe2012
    Options
    It really depended on the day. Some days it could be as low as 500 and then the next I would eat 2,000. I wasnt eating proper food though. it was all junk
  • Faye_Anderson
    Faye_Anderson Posts: 1,495 Member
    Options
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/food/diary/Faye_Anderson?date=2011-11-14 The day before I started eating right, over 3000 calories. On a Friday night it would be closer to 5000 with alcohol :indifferent:
  • Pollywog39
    Pollywog39 Posts: 1,730 Member
    Options
    Wow, that's an interesting thought........................

If I had to guess, I'd say it would be around 2500 to 3000, but not every day. I'm not a BIG eater, never have been, but I did enjoy pizza and lots of sweets and pop (NOT diet) and beer and ......... well, that list could go on for a long time!

I don't think I'll ever go back to that type of eating again. I HATE when I eat to excess - that very-full feeling, that extended stomach. Nope, not gonna do it! And I rarely drink pop anymore.......pizza is an occasional thing, but I haven't given up BEER, and won't! lol.
  • Twidget12
    Twidget12 Posts: 71
    Options
    I would guess around 2800 weekdays and 3500 weekends.

I would probably have to say I am in this category! Damn you weekend Chinese food!!
  • laurenbausch
    laurenbausch Posts: 146
    Options
    I used to be a total wino, so it wasn't really that many food calories here, just a ton of processed foods...Ugh! I probably consumed close to at least 600 calories of wine a night. Wine is NOT my friend now. I limit myself to one drink if I really want one, but most nights I don't...
  • RaeLB
    RaeLB Posts: 1,216 Member
    Options
    For a few months months when I joined MFP it was probably around 1200ish which is why I lost weight & joined
    Before that when I was a healthy weight it was probably around 1500-1600
  • Sissy4EverX3
    Sissy4EverX3 Posts: 247
    Options
    I just went back throughmy diary for the first week I was on MFP.. Some days was about 2500.. other days was up near 4000. Holy cow.