What Do You Think Your Calorie Intake Was Prior to MFP?

Options

Replies

• tripitena
    tripitena Posts: 554 Member
    Options
    2000+ easy. Once I entered what would have been a typical day and it was almost 1800 and that was without snacks figured in. Since I'm 5ft 2, a bit disabled and not regularly exercising, thats a lot of calories for me. With just a little more exercise and real dietary changes I've lost 36lbs.
  • AimersBee
    AimersBee Posts: 775 Member
    Options
    ..coffee with like 8 tblsps of sugar.

would you like some coffee with your sugar?
  • rocketqueen81
    Options
    Mine was probably anywhere from 3000-5000. Especially on the nights I would go out drinking and then hit fast food after. Yikes! No wonder I now have so much weight to lose! I still party and eat what I want, but occasionally and in moderation instead of every night!

13784785.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • lpeterson
    lpeterson Posts: 36
    Options
    I would guess in the 4000 range. It was pretty bad.

653924.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
  • ScottyNoHotty
    ScottyNoHotty Posts: 1,955 Member
    Options
    Sunday thru Friday...3000-4000 a day
    Saturday ......4000 to 5000 depending on the binge drinking.
  • aftergypsies
    aftergypsies Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    Definitely no less than 3000. If it was less than 3000 it was all junk.
  • Jude1064
    Jude1064 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    I would guess it was between 3500-4500. I would have a 32 oz frozen coke everyday! Haven't had one in 2 months!!
  • TinnedTuna
    TinnedTuna Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    I would like to say 3000, but it was probably more like 4000 ish.
  • pamfm
    pamfm Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    I have been trying to figure that out. I haven't really changed what foods I eat since before I started tracking. I've just started measuring and taking proper portions. Before I was trying to cut, I think it was wildly fluctuating... like 1000 one day, and 2500 the next.

I'm still bouncing high-low from day to day, but I've gotten to between 1400-1900. I'm often voracious, but sometimes I fill up too much on veggies, and there are not that many calories in there. Other times I fill up on homemade baked mac and cheese, and well... Hoping to get to a regular 1800/day.
  • Hevans1012
    Hevans1012 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Anywhere from 3000 - 3500! I didn't realize my favorite burrito from Qdoba was 1000 calories until I looked up on here. Now I can't even think about eating one without gagging!
  • AimersBee
    AimersBee Posts: 775 Member
    Options
    ...my favorite burrito from Qdoba was 1000 calories...

Yeah, I hear ya on that... I looked up some things I used to eat, and it wasn't pretty..

For example.. 1 egg mcmuffin and 2 sausage burritos from McDs.. which is 900 calories.. :sick:
  • vim_n_vigor
    vim_n_vigor Posts: 4,089 Member
    Options
    My 'average' day was easily 3500 or more, but the really bad part would have been the non-average days where it was well above that. That, and I had nothing to offset my Net calories.
  • Il_DaniD_lI
    Il_DaniD_lI Posts: 1,593 Member
    Options
    I would guess around 2800 weekdays and 3500 weekends.
  • Time4tee
    Time4tee Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    On some days very close to 4000 easily.
  • Time4tee
    Time4tee Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    ..coffee with like 8 tblsps of sugar.

would you like some coffee with your sugar?
    This is so me. :-(
  • FitBarbie2986
    FitBarbie2986 Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    WOW,just thinking about this scares me,on days that i don't work out 1,200 calories add up soo fast..so before i started working out and keeping track of my calories i was probably consuming 3,000 calories a day :sad:
  • qotu79
    qotu79 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Ha ha that's a very good question. I'd say about 2500-2700 on a day that I would actually think about what I was eating.
  • genuinelyfrans
    Options
    Definitely 3500-4000 minimum but I probably ate more on weekends. I was always eating chips, late night snacks, and eating out (Wendy's, Burger King, Applebee's, etc...)
  • holleysings
    holleysings Posts: 664 Member
    Options
    Only between 2500-3000 but I only ate a light breakfast and then a large high calorie dinner. So my metabolism was ****.
  • glennstoudt
    glennstoudt Posts: 403 Member
    Options
    Like that rent guy in NYC, too damn high!.:smile: