What Do You Think Your Calorie Intake Was Prior to MFP?

Options

Replies

• Atarahh
    Atarahh Posts: 485 Member
    Options
    Being an on-campus college student, probably 2500-3500 day. And eating so much junk and take out and soda.
  • BeccaB1981
    BeccaB1981 Posts: 456 Member
    Options
    I was just saying the other day after a pretty heavy day of eating (Memorial Day) how easy it was to consume 3,000+ cals in a day. I could have eaten more even. I am sure that before MFP I was consuming between 3,000 and 3,500 maybe even more without any exercise. Before I got pregnant and had my baby I am sure it was even higher than that as I could drink a ton of alcohol and eat a whole pizza most nights like it was nothing. I still can do that I just try not to anymore.
  • ganbaranba
    ganbaranba Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I started logging my calories a few weeks before I really started limiting my caloric intake and exercising regularly... On days that I thought I was 'holding back', I was eating 3,000-4,000 calories a day.
  • TylerJ76
    TylerJ76 Posts: 4,375 Member
    Options
    4000-5000

Then 8000 or so on the weekends
  • MinnieInMaine
    MinnieInMaine Posts: 6,400 Member
    Options
    I'd also say somewhere between 3000 and 4000 calories on a typical day, more if we had something like pizza for dinner. Plus we used to drink coffee brandy with milk all the time - I shudder to think how many calories I took in on a day like that!!
  • SarahMorganP
    SarahMorganP Posts: 921 Member
    Options
    3-5000 range. Yikes! I know that is crazy, but it's the truth!
  • RLDeShazo
    RLDeShazo Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    Probably closer to 3000. Getting fries during lunch. Eating unhealthy snacks. High calorie dinners with tons of starch. It all adds up.

This is probably about right for me. I am eating about half that now, and working out several days a week for the past month. Unfortunately, the scale hasn't gotten the message yet. LOL
  • victoria4321
    victoria4321 Posts: 1,719 Member
    Options
    Around 3000ish. I did some days where I ate anything then wrote it on paper after that I logged it. I was surprised at how much I ate if I let myself go nuts. Almost all of it was take out too.
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    Options
    5-600/day
  • yuliyax
    yuliyax Posts: 288
    Options
    Mine was probably anywhere from 3000-5000, on the night out - probably 6000.
    I used to have a medium dominos pizza and then eat about 5 krispycremes. Bad times.
    34sgt1v.jpg
  • quie618
    quie618 Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    Like that rent guy in NYC, too damn high!.:smile:

:laugh:
  • wingednotes
    wingednotes Posts: 279
    Options
    I was having daily binges in the 4000-5000 range
  • shady81x
    shady81x Posts: 290
    Options
    Probably about the same, 1300-1800 with exception of buffet days, maybe slightly lower on some days as i only recently started eating breakfast (which are generally about 200-300 cals) on the regular. I still eat the same type & amount of food each meal now. Exercise minutes have gone up though :laugh:
  • ironanimal
    ironanimal Posts: 5,922 Member
    Options
    Between 3500-4000 I would guess. I was maintaining my highest weight for months.
  • jayjrf
    jayjrf Posts: 25
    Options
    900ish... my worst mistake
  • guby44
    guby44 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Probably 3000 on a good day. Crazy to think about it! I am so grateful for MFP!
  • cannonsky
    cannonsky Posts: 850 Member
    Options
    I'm sure I was all over the place.. there's no way my calories were ever consistent
  • LovingLisa2012
    LovingLisa2012 Posts: 802 Member
    Options
    I was averaging about 3,000 calories ( I used fitday software)
    fast food 2- 3x a day plus snacks, adds up fast
  • ScatteredThoughts
    ScatteredThoughts Posts: 3,562 Member
    Options
    Probably around 3500 or so.
  • sleepytexan
    sleepytexan Posts: 3,138 Member
    Options
    it was way too low.

I did WW for years, always keeping to minimum points (about 1200 cals/day) and never eating the extra "exercise" points. I had no idea this was bad for me.

As my workouts increased I got to the point where I was probably netting fewer than 800 calories a day most days without knowing it for probably a few years. Gradually I put on weight each time I had a special occasion, bc my metabolism had slowed down so much -- one special meal of 2500 calories and BOOM! 2 lbs. Then I'd immediately restrict again, but never lose it. It was a gradual stair-step of gaining 15 lbs. over about 18 months all while working out hard 6 days and starving.

Once I found MFP and a thread titled something like "For those who work out like crazy and aren't losing" and "Living with Obesity on 700 calories a day", a realized I needed to eat more.

I lost all the 15 lbs. in about 6 mos.

If any of this sounds like you, check out the group on here EAT MORE TO WEIGH LESS. It's the true key to not just losing weight, but to KEEPING it off forever.

In case you're curious, I lost weight, got to goal, and now maintain 130 -132 lbs. at around 2000 calories a day. (5'4, 44 yrs. old).

blessings.