Why can't I enjoy men looking at me??

Options

Replies

• boldtsmith
    boldtsmith Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    My plumber said I should invest with Bernie Madoff...

Your trainer should stick to training.
  • Nteeter
    Nteeter Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    From a guys perspective he may be jealous.

From a former fatty perspective he may have came across wrong but he may have been trying to say "dont let comments like those stop you from continueing". After I lost a hundred pounds alot of people told me I looked great and for about a week I considered stopping, but I havent reached my goal so I put my head down and got back in it. Ive learned to appreciate those comments but be humble, once I reach my goal then I will brag and strut :)

just sayin :)
  • kazzari
    kazzari Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    Wow, you're trainer is a jerk. Revel in the attention! You earned it. It is a great feeling. Being a little full of yourself beats feeling insecure or self-conscious about how you look. I thought your post was going to saying you didn't enjoy it. I think it's great that your husband is enjoying it, too!
  • kazzari
    kazzari Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    he said it was wrong that I was excited and happy about those remarks and stares and that he doesn't want me to get too full of myself and that I shouldn't be working out so that I get attention from men...I'm married and shouldn't care.

Maybe he's jealous. :wink:

I also had that thought!
  • littlepinkhearts
    littlepinkhearts Posts: 1,055 Member
    Options
    wow I can't even imagine where that would have come from. It's kinda hard to not enjoy being complimented. I could maybe see your husband saying or thinking that, but your trainer??
  • johnm8703
    johnm8703 Posts: 118 Member
    Options

From a former fatty perspective he may have came across wrong but he may have been trying to say "dont let comments like those stop you from continueing". After I lost a hundred pounds alot of people told me I looked great and for about a week I considered stopping, but I havent reached my goal so I put my head down and got back in it. Ive learned to appreciate those comments but be humble, once I reach my goal then I will brag and strut :)

^^^^^^ Ding Ding Ding! We have a winner!!!

Congrats on your loss and your NSV! But I can all but GAURANTEE that your trainer was trying to get you to be Peed and not be complacent. As your trainer part of his job is to motivate you...right? Maybe he knew you would get PEED and bring it even harder!
  • Mummyadams
    Mummyadams Posts: 1,125 Member
    Options
    Get a new trainer
  • Mirdir
    Mirdir Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    If your trainer is a guy maybe he has the hots for you and is jealous about all the attention your getting ;)
  • Miss_Suzylee
    Options
    not to be a joy kill-cause i do agree his comments were kind of a-holeish, but i know someone who is a trainer and i often hear how frustrating it is to train people who are obviously in it for the wrong reasons. so while i dont think he should have said anything to you or should have been that blunt about it-maybe it just hit a sore spot with him because he wants you to do it for YOU and not for other people's approval. it would be an over-reaction on his part....but it's an idea. just so you don't think it was entirely about you, perhaps it just comes with the trainer territory.
  • dvisser1
    dvisser1 Posts: 788 Member
    Options
    Your trainer sounds like a an *kitten*. You have every right to take pride in what you have accomplished and enjoy the attention. You've earned it, and you do look very good!

If his intent was to try to say don't stop working out because of the new found attention, I can agree with the intent. But I feel like I might be giving the guy to much credit here.
  • Symonep
    Symonep Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    Enjoy the comments!! It's not like any of your reasons to lose weight was because you wanted men to lust after you, it's just an added benefit.
  • Melonhead
    Melonhead Posts: 168
    Options
    Your trainer is an idiot. He's your employee. Tell him to shut up and count reps like he's supposed to! You look great by the way!
  • donrua
    donrua Posts: 11
    Options
    Find a new trainer! It's not the worst thing in the world, but it's definitely outside of their role and could be damaging to your enthusiasm for what you've accomlished. He/she is not a trained psychologist, and not your mom.

You've done very well!. If your husband was happy with it, that's important, as you want his support.. He could get scared if you seem to want that outside attention more than his, but I didn't get any sense of that from your post. If I was him, I think I would have been very happy to be out with you, and happy for you. Whenever my wife gets fixed up and goes out with me, I'm very happy for her to look nice.
  • wickedcricket
    wickedcricket Posts: 1,246 Member
    Options
    when it happens, I'll let you know
  • CallieM15
    CallieM15 Posts: 910 Member
    Options
    I will always care that people think im hot or not. Thats a silly thing to say just cause youre married you shouldnt care. You just shouldnt act on it.

FLAUNT IT GIRL, bask in it :)
  • Melonhead
    Melonhead Posts: 168
    Options
    not to be a joy kill-cause i do agree his comments were kind of a-holeish, but i know someone who is a trainer and i often hear how frustrating it is to train people who are obviously in it for the wrong reasons. so while i dont think he should have said anything to you or should have been that blunt about it-maybe it just hit a sore spot with him because he wants you to do it for YOU and not for other people's approval. it would be an over-reaction on his part....but it's an idea. just so you don't think it was entirely about you, perhaps it just comes with the trainer territory.

What are the "wrong" reasons? My reason may be different from yours, but that doesn't make it wrong.
  • gingerveg
    gingerveg Posts: 748 Member
    Options

Yeah I have to agree with this to some extent. While it might seem like your trainer was being harsh I kind of agree with not putting too much thought into these comments. I'm glad you (and your husband) got a rush out of it that's great. But overall if the main reason we work out is for compliments then I think it is a losing game in the end. Sorry if that sort of kills the buzz, but as your trainer (and the person I quoted above seems to be saying) I do think it is important to work out for health before vanity. We all grow old, get wrinkles, etc. so it is important to chase the right things~they will carry us through those tough times when no one is looking at us. :)
  • aproc
    aproc Posts: 1,033 Member
    Options
    I think your trainer was out of line in saying that. He should have just agreed with you or been happy for you and not lecture. Thats not his place to decide why the person he trains wants to look better.
    And I think it is perfectly fine. Plus your husband is fine with it! Sometimes we all just need to the extra attention to get a good confidence boost. Nothing wrong with that.
  • Awkward30
    Awkward30 Posts: 1,927 Member
    Options
    The only thing I could guess is that maybe didn't want you to get complacent or think you were done. I'm sure he's seen a lot of people put weight back on.

I like the attention too. I don't think it's wrong!
  • MustBeTheRows
    MustBeTheRows Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    I don't see where it's any of his business.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!