Why can't I enjoy men looking at me??

Options

Replies

• CoffeeNBooze
    CoffeeNBooze Posts: 966 Member
    Options
    Pffft who cares what your trainer thinks, he is your TRAINER not your counsellor, if your hubby is happy and your happy thats what matters. Talk to your girlfriends and you hubby and let your trainer train you lol

Yeah, this. It made me pissed just reading about how your trainer talked to you. He can stfu, maybe he's jealous men don't stare at him? haha
  • HazelDiva1913
    HazelDiva1913 Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    As long as hubby is cool with it...Bump your trainer. Celebrate all those double takes your getting
  • abetterjune
    abetterjune Posts: 219
    Options
    I think your trainer wants you all to themselves lol
  • CoffeeNBooze
    CoffeeNBooze Posts: 966 Member
    Options
    not to be a joy kill-cause i do agree his comments were kind of a-holeish, but i know someone who is a trainer and i often hear how frustrating it is to train people who are obviously in it for the wrong reasons. so while i dont think he should have said anything to you or should have been that blunt about it-maybe it just hit a sore spot with him because he wants you to do it for YOU and not for other people's approval. it would be an over-reaction on his part....but it's an idea. just so you don't think it was entirely about you, perhaps it just comes with the trainer territory.

hmmm this is plausible too
  • gypsybree
    gypsybree Posts: 218
    Options
    From a guys perspective he may be jealous.

From a former fatty perspective he may have came across wrong but he may have been trying to say "dont let comments like those stop you from continueing". After I lost a hundred pounds alot of people told me I looked great and for about a week I considered stopping, but I havent reached my goal so I put my head down and got back in it. Ive learned to appreciate those comments but be humble, once I reach my goal then I will brag and strut :)

just sayin :)

This sounds reasonable to me but still....
    My supervisor at my health club says at's to me that's bull and borderline lies and I tell him where to shove it and then I don't do what he tells me to do because its unhealthy. There's days when I want to report him but he's 22 and a kid. And a big fat idiot. So I don't let it get to me, I just tell myself to never be like him and life will be alright.

Be inspired from the best, learn from the worst.
  • capriciousmoon
    capriciousmoon Posts: 1,263 Member
    Options
    If it makes you happy, enjoy it!

I wonder if he's coming at it from a "that shouldn't be what you're working for" or thinking that getting too full of yourself could make you take your workouts less seriously, because all the attention might make you feel like you're done. Those aren't good reasons to rain on your parade though...

I'm the opposite... I think men checking me out would be really creepy and I wouldn't know how to react. :ohwell:
  • Jordant107
    Jordant107 Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    Maybe he wants some of that. ;) No, I'm just kidding.
    Haha- this!! :)
  • Mamoonie
    Mamoonie Posts: 328
    Options
    First of all: enjoy the compliments, let them be your greatest motivator, get the kick out of it to keep going!
    As long as your husband has no problems with you getting that much attention, there's no problem as he's the only one to be in the position to have troubles with it.
    Your trainer might have meant to tell you not to stop working out now, because you get so many compliments, but to continue doing what you do, but it might have come across wrong. It's not what you say, but how you say it...

I work out with a personal trainer for 17 months now, one hour lessons every 2 weeks. I'm really looking forward to these sessions, as he's the one complimenting me the most. I know that every time we meet, he makes some kind of comment, be it about the weight I lost, about my hair style, about some new workout clothes, whatever. He notices every little bit and talks about it. With his words, he's motivating me to keep going, to care about how I look, and to appreciate every little change. He's not only a trainer, he's a therapist too, training not only my body but also my mind. I think that's what makes a great personal trainer, pushing and motivating you, not dragging you down!

Think about how he might have meant his words, and then decide what to do about!
  • Givemewings
    Givemewings Posts: 864 Member
    Options
    What an idiot! Your trainer is wrong!
  • wcasie
    wcasie Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    I think men like to have a sexy lady on their arm. You belong to him and he knows it. By looking hot for him in public it let everyone else know it too. Good for you! It is goog to enjoy the attention... but not too much lol :wink:
  • Cait_Sidhe
    Cait_Sidhe Posts: 3,150 Member
    Options
    Why on earth does your trainer have a say on this?
  • mcourtney09
    mcourtney09 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    From a guys perspective he may be jealous.

From a former fatty perspective he may have came across wrong but he may have been trying to say "dont let comments like those stop you from continueing". After I lost a hundred pounds alot of people told me I looked great and for about a week I considered stopping, but I havent reached my goal so I put my head down and got back in it. Ive learned to appreciate those comments but be humble, once I reach my goal then I will brag and strut :)

just sayin :)

I haven't considered stopping and still show up to the gym every day ready to "bring it"...but yeah maybe he had that thought and delivered it to me in the wrong way. Thanks for the other perspective! :) I just wish he hadn't made me feel really WRONG about enjoying compliments...
  • 5kidsforme
    5kidsforme Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    If you are excited about something your trainer should be encouraging you and cheering you on!! Don't listen to the negative.:flowerforyou: Congratulations on all of the compliments and your weight loss!!
  • george29223
    george29223 Posts: 556 Member
    Options
    my high school gym teacher used to say that to me as i showered
  • happyheart15
    happyheart15 Posts: 383 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't be comfortable having him as a trainer anymore. I would want someone who would uplift me, not bring me down.
  • solarpower4
    solarpower4 Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    sounds like you hit a sore spot with him. He probably had a girlfriend who was hot and she left him for someone else.

My first thoughts were "that trainer is a jerk!" and this. ^^^ But really, s/he may have simply chosen the wrong words while trying to say, "Be sure you are doing this for YOURSELF and your health b/c that's what really matters." Either way, you may want to consider hiring a new trainer.

Congratulations on your successes and on having a hubby who also appreciates your success!
  • rubytOU
    rubytOU Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    Enjoy the attention and kindly remind your trainer to butt out.
  • Cliffslosinit
    Cliffslosinit Posts: 5,044 Member
    Options
    Haters gonna hate....f@ck em' ....love yourself. You have earned it!!
  • tinana_RN
    tinana_RN Posts: 541 Member
    Options
    If you and your husband are both okay with it, then your trainers opinion REALLY doesn't matter :) Congrats on your weight loss!
  • Elizabeth_C34
    Elizabeth_C34 Posts: 6,376 Member
    Options
    If you and your husband are fine with it, tell the trainer to mind his own dang business and do his job.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!