Why can't I enjoy men looking at me??

Replies

• WhittRak
    WhittRak Posts: 567 Member
    Ask for a refund and then tell the jerk to stick it.
  • Jaxper
    Jaxper Posts: 23 Member
    The only reason I can think of that your trainer would say that is that he doesn't want you to get complacent and feel like you can stop training since you're getting the stares/compliments/etc. As long as you stick to your regime, you can ignore it. On the flip side, you can most certainly enjoy it, as long as you and your husband (more importantly since you are married and not looking for a man) aren't upset about it.
  • Betsnikel
    Betsnikel Posts: 33 Member
    You Rock! Your trainer is an idiot!
  • JPod279
    JPod279 Posts: 722 Member
    Maybe he was trying a little reverse psychology on you to get you to work harder? When I was coaching I would sometimes mess with my kids' heads and do things I knew would piss them off as I would see better results from them. I could literally tell how a day was going to go a few minutes into practice depending how they responded to my first few comments. And when time came for them to perform I could play them like a fiddle, which is awesome as I have never had one lesson on the fiddle (or violin for that matter) in my life. :bigsmile: I only coached for 4 years and two of my kids still stay in touch with me to this day, and it has been 5 years since I quit.

Now, on the other hand......the guy could just be a douche.
  • weaglette
    weaglette Posts: 4
    What occurred to me was that s/he's afraid that if you feel content in your new body, you'll stop the training sessions, resulting in less income.
    Sounds like turf protection to me.
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    most definitely.

I lost 100 pounds and apparently, my integrity, my compassion, my humanity, my decency, my modesty, my sense of self-respect, my manners, all semblances of being a lady and my morals as well.

Because I wear little black dresses and red lipstick and flirt and get paid compliments by strangers.

I am now going to hell.
  • skullshank
    skullshank Posts: 4,323 Member
    did you hire your trainer for an opinion or an *kitten*-kicking?

if you answered *kitten*-kicking, they should stick to that, focus on the regimen, and shut the **** up.
  • Bigpelly8
    Bigpelly8 Posts: 504 Member
    Tell your trainer to blow it out there *kitten*!!! YOU are there for a reason, to look and feel good. You are accomplishing all you want, and it is paying off. Enjoy the feeling!!!
  • Jacwhite22
    Jacwhite22 Posts: 7,010 Member
    I know everyone in here has said f the trainer....but I gotta throw this out there. Many times people get close to their goal......get content with where they are and then slack off. While I think he lacked tact, I believe the overall message the trainer was trying to give was sound. #1 - You are doing this for you....not anyone else. #2 - Don't get content. Don't take the attention as you are already there and stop putting the work in.......... Both of which I think are good messages.
  • lickmybaconcakes
    lickmybaconcakes Posts: 1,063 Member
    No reason at all .
  • emilynicole02
    emilynicole02 Posts: 355 Member
    Pffft who cares what your trainer thinks, he is your TRAINER not your counsellor, if your hubby is happy and your happy thats what matters. Talk to your girlfriends and you hubby and let your trainer train you lol

perfectly said.
  • TheRoadDog
    TheRoadDog Posts: 11,788 Member
    Man, I hear you. Good looks can be a curse. Can't I just be acknowledged for my wit, intelligence and humor? Quit giving me special treatment because I'm cute. Hey! My eyes are up here!!
  • Jezebel9
    Jezebel9 Posts: 396 Member
    It is nice to be the object of someone's positive attention about anything: the way you look, your personality, your kindness, your hard work. I only get annoyed when being 'hot' is the only thing that is seen or acknowledged in myself.
    You are sexy, you are beautiful. We were made this way. Enjoy yourself. Don't get lost in it, don't lose focus on your health goals, but allow yourself joy for the hard work you have done.
  • Jezebel9
    Jezebel9 Posts: 396 Member
    Man, I hear you. Good looks can be a curse. Can't I just be acknowledged for my wit, intelligence and humor? Quit giving me special treatment because I'm cute. Hey! My eyes are up here!!

Man, you made me laugh!
    :flowerforyou:
  • MissTattoo
    MissTattoo Posts: 1,203 Member
    From a guys perspective he may be jealous.

From a former fatty perspective he may have came across wrong but he may have been trying to say "dont let comments like those stop you from continueing". After I lost a hundred pounds alot of people told me I looked great and for about a week I considered stopping, but I havent reached my goal so I put my head down and got back in it. Ive learned to appreciate those comments but be humble, once I reach my goal then I will brag and strut :)

just sayin :)

This. I think this is what he meant to say. Don't start doing it for the attention. Some women don't do it for themselves.
  • rileamoyer
    rileamoyer Posts: 2,412 Member
    Sounds like he is trying to put his morals on you. Screw it, as a woman, I always like to be appreciated, for my looks as well as my brains. LoL.
  • RichOC
    RichOC Posts: 243 Member
    most definitely.

I lost 100 pounds and apparently, my integrity, my compassion, my humanity, my decency, my modesty, my sense of self-respect, my manners, all semblances of being a lady and my morals as well.

Because I wear little black dresses and red lipstick and flirt and get paid compliments by strangers.

I am now going to hell.

Well I certainly don't want to be responsible for ushering anyone through the gates of Hell, so I won't tell you how really good you look, lol.
  • Naytahlee
    Naytahlee Posts: 53 Member
    sounds like you hit a sore spot with him. He probably had a girlfriend who was hot and she left him for someone else.

Exactly what I was thinking.
  • ironanimal
    ironanimal Posts: 5,922 Member
    sounds like you hit a sore spot with him. He probably had a girlfriend who was hot and she left him for someone else.

Exactly what I was thinking.
    LMAO
  • Capt_Apollo
    Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member
    i've always felt that 90% of what a trainer says is false. now i know it's 100%.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!