Bacon is better then peanutbutter! (protein)

Options

Replies

• RonSwanson66
    RonSwanson66 Posts: 1,150 Member
    Options
    Not sure about peanut butter and bacon, but
    moderation. Bacon

do NOT go together.
  • kazzari
    kazzari Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    Not sure about peanut butter and bacon, but
    moderation. Bacon

do NOT go together.

Well, not when it's sitting in front of me. I don't eat bacon on a regular basis, when I indulge I definitely make the most of it.
  • OSC_ESD
    OSC_ESD Posts: 752 Member
    Options
    ~ I eat Peanut Butter because ... I LOVE IT ! The " Protein " is just a bonus ! ~ :tongue:
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options
    There's already a hundred posts in here, so I'm sure someone has already pointed out the difference between a ton of heavy, saturated fat versus a good helping of polyunsaturated and monounsaturated fat? And how one of those fats while needed by the body in some amount, stimulates your insulin response, but the other type actually speeds up your metabolism and is rarely stored as fat by the body?

I eat bacon. Love bacon. Bacon on anything makes it better. Bacon bits. Bacon burgers. Bacon wrapped hot dogs. Bacon cologne. Bacon bras.

Best let's not convince ourselves that bacon is health food. Some is cool, but a lot of it and you will pay for it. On the other hand, I've seen dguys that have built massive physiques with peanut butter as their main staple. Now, these are mostly guys in prison but hey, whatever works, right?

Joking aside, look up the difference between types of fat and the effect on your body.
  • shayleeloves
    Options
    Bacon sucks.
    Peanut Butter FTW. :bigsmile:
  • shayleeloves
    Options
    Any sentence the begins "Bacon is better than _________________" is automatically true.

No%2BHope%2B-%2BNo%2BCash%2B-%2BNo%2BJobs%2B-%2BPlease%2BDon%2527t%2BDie%2BKevin%2BBacon.jpg

Thanks for the laugh. Hilarious.
  • ahealthy4u
    ahealthy4u Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    That is just like any food if you don't look at the back to see what is in them Regular Peanut butter VS Natural Peanut butter or Regular Bacon VS Turkey Bacon..

With all the complete nutrional information including soudium and cholestrol and sugar and so on. Sometimes the orginal is better then the all nautrual same with the bacon sometimes the regular is better It all depends on a person taste. Just like real or powder peanutbutter if I had to choose I would choose reall ever time more calories but which is better in the long run.. powder.. It is just what your personal taste leans towards.
  • auntiebabs
    auntiebabs Posts: 1,754 Member
    Options
    I like both bacon and peanut butter. PB is a great vegetarian protein. It's also got a lot of nutrients in it that things like bacon don't. I'll take the fat in peanut butter over the fat in bacon any day.

BACON = Saturated fats
    is related to a variety of health problems. Researchers from the Harvard School of Public Health found in 2010 that eating processed meats such as bacon, preserved by smoking, curing or salting, or with the addition of chemical preservatives, was associated with an increased risk of both heart disease and diabetes. The same association was not found for unprocessed meat.

PEANUTBUTTER = mono- and polyunsaturated fats,
    consumption of peanut butter can contribute to improving cholesterol levels and reducing the risk of disease. peanut butter is packed with hard-to-get nutrients such as phosphorus, potassium, zinc, folate, and the antioxidant vitamin E. Even phytochemicals – specifically, resveratrol
  • MeMyCatsandI
    MeMyCatsandI Posts: 704 Member
    Options
    pb-and-b.jpg
    Yep! I'm totally having THIS when I break my fast tomorrow!!!
  • mariagabriella
    mariagabriella Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    as if peanut butter isn't good for you. what a load of bull.

have you looked at the amount of poly and monounsaturated fat is in it? do you know what health benefits that has?

also bacon has a lot of sodium. do you know what a lot of sodium can do to you?

people can eat whatever the hell they want. it doesn't have to be the best thing for them. I'll use my calories for whatever I want and I don't care how much calories PB has, I'll factor it into my goals.
  • Masterdo
    Masterdo Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    How many calories are from fat?

10 calorie difference and the same fat is NOT a convincing argument since PB has good fat and bacon has bad fat.

The "calories from fat" thing is just dumb. It's simple math in fact. There are 4 calories per gram of protein or carbs, and 6 calories per gram of fat. So in both cases, 16g of fat = 96 "calories from fat", whatever anyone thinks that means.

Whoever decided to put that on labels thought we were too stupid to multiply a number by 6.
  • Jordant107
    Jordant107 Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    It's also got a lot of nutrients in it that things like bacon don't. I'll take the fat in peanut butter over the fat in bacon any day.
    Agreed!!
  • gatecityradio
    Options
    Well....I like my peanut butter so STFU!
  • kazzari
    kazzari Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    How many calories are from fat?

10 calorie difference and the same fat is NOT a convincing argument since PB has good fat and bacon has bad fat.

The "calories from fat" thing is just dumb. It's simple math in fact. There are 4 calories per gram of protein or carbs, and 6 calories per gram of fat. So in both cases, 16g of fat = 96 "calories from fat", whatever anyone thinks that means.

Whoever decided to put that on labels thought we were too stupid to multiply a number by 6.

Or...9. There are about 9 calories per gram of fat.
  • dr0p4ah0y
    dr0p4ah0y Posts: 22
    Options
    I wish people would realize that there are good and bad fats, and good and bad cholesterol, and good and bad whatever the heck. Learning this, and being aware of the difference = more important than cutting something out of your life because "ZOMG SO MUCH FATZ."
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    BACON = Saturated fats
    is related to a variety of health problems. Researchers from the Harvard School of Public Health found in 2010 that eating processed meats such as bacon, preserved by smoking, curing or salting, or with the addition of chemical preservatives, was associated with an increased risk of both heart disease and diabetes. The same association was not found for unprocessed meat.

consumption of peanut butter can contribute to improving cholesterol levels and reducing the risk of disease. peanut butter is packed with hard-to-get nutrients such as phosphorus, potassium, zinc, folate, and the antioxidant vitamin E. Even phytochemicals – specifically, resveratrol
    I like bacon. But ^^^THIS^^^
  • nicholettebell
    Options
    Mmmm! Bacon and peanut butter together! On toasted bread. Now that's a good combination!
  • dr0p4ah0y
    dr0p4ah0y Posts: 22
    Options
    I like both bacon and peanut butter. PB is a great vegetarian protein. It's also got a lot of nutrients in it that things like bacon don't. I'll take the fat in peanut butter over the fat in bacon any day.

BACON = Saturated fats

You... you are simply my favorite. <3
  • nicholettebell
    Options
    I also like both, even tried a bqacon/pb sandwich on a dare, now THAT was gross ;)
    Funny, I actually came into this thread to see if anyone had said if this was a good combo. How disappointing.

I think it's a fantastic combo. One of my faves!
  • xoxobollywood1991
    Options
    I won't say anything cruel about people who thinks bacon is better than peanutbutter. But peanutbutter is a healthy fat! I was always thinking that peanubutter had only bad fats and could make you gain weight, but i was soo wrong. I felt a little jump in mt weight loss when I switched all bad carbs w/ healthy fats. And bacon.....hmm, I find it very oily. But I don't have anything against people who likes it. I'm flexitarian anyway so I rarely eat meat/fish/chicken etc.