Is anyone training for something specific?

Options

Replies

• mami2threeboys
    Options
    training for the day my baby starts walking, then i'll be running after 3 boys under 4
  • IAmFranciscoB
    Options
    July 14 - Warrior Dash NJ
    August 26 - Color Run NYC
    September 8 - Manchester Half Marathon
    October 13 - ING Hartford Marathon

I'm strength training and endurance training cause that last 5 miles of the NJ Marathon I ran in May was brutal, won't make the same mistake in Hartford.
  • gchutson
    gchutson Posts: 657
    Options
    OMG... somebody answered my answer- training for the zombie apocalypse.
    or just the apocalypse, but if there aren't zombies, then it will be less exciting.
    maybe I am just training for life... you know, in general.
    8)

The main problem I see is all the marathoners that likely run faster than I do. This is bad.
  • blueoreoz
    blueoreoz Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I'm training for the tough mudder in december :P
    I also just hate how out of shape I got since starting college :(
  • gchutson
    Options

Everyone gets fat in college. They also get drunk, hungover and many get herpes. Avoid the latter.
  • IpuffyheartHeelsinthegym
    IpuffyheartHeelsinthegym Posts: 5,573 Member
    Options
    a sports specfic and fitness and body building photoshoot....ooofduh.

yay for fitness and bodybuilding photoshoot! Have fun!
  • gchutson
    Options
    a sports specfic and fitness and body building photoshoot....ooofduh.

yay for fitness and bodybuilding photoshoot! Have fun!

Why don't they ever have a "big scary attorney" photo shoot?
  • blueoreoz
    Options

Everyone gets fat in college. They also get drunk, hungover and many get herpes. Avoid the latter.

LOL. For sure.

Between work and school full time I just fell out of the groove of working out. I ran a half marathon three years ago, now I can't even run over a mile...
  • justal313
    justal313 Posts: 1,375 Member
    Options
    My ultimate goal is to get Fit and Trim. I signed up for the warrior dash as a way to measure my fitness, have fun, and have a goal. The warrior dash is in September I should be ready, even for the obstacles. My Buddy just talked me into signing up for a 10k on July 3rd. I wasn't the slightest bit interested until he mentioned that at the finish line you run out through the giant inflatable helmet the NE Patriots come out of at the beginning of the game and then run across the 50 yard line in Gilette Stadium. I hate him so much.
  • gchutson
    Options

LOL. For sure.

Between work and school full time I just fell out of the groove of working out. I ran a half marathon three years ago, now I can't even run over a mile...

I can run to McDonald's.
  • NvyBoundGrl
    Options
    Hello Everyone...I'm new here today! I am training to go in the Navy Reserves. I have a lot of weight to lose (45 lbs), but knowing where I will be when I finish pushes me to work hard each day to meet that goal. I am a 30 year old mom of 3 boys, and I have never worked so hard for something in my life. I have been an Army wife for 14 years and I love the military and our country. Good luck to all of you!
  • Brittonloves
    Options
    I was training for the Warrior Dash in November, but I was informed today that it has been cancelled. Now looking for another event...

:(

I saw this and thought, "That's funny-- I'm training for the Warrior Dash in November. I wonder why hers was canceled. That's a bummer." Then my intelligent side said, "Wait a second, her username says 'SC' and you're in SC! Maybe YOUR Warrior Dash got cancelled!"

And when I hopped on the website, my heart broke. I'm literally just finishing up a good cry. I feel like all the wind just got knocked out of my sails.
  • blueoreoz
    Options

LOL. For sure.

I can run to McDonald's.

Lol
  • gchutson
    Options
    I was training for the Warrior Dash in November, but I was informed today that it has been cancelled. Now looking for another event...

:(

I saw this and thought, "That's funny-- I'm training for the Warrior Dash in November. I wonder why hers was canceled. That's a bummer." Then my intelligent side said, "Wait a second, her username says 'SC' and you're in SC! Maybe YOUR Warrior Dash got cancelled!"

And when I hopped on the website, my heart broke. I'm literally just finishing up a good cry. I feel like all the wind just got knocked out of my sails.

Bummer. I vote for a nap.
  • Polly758
    Polly758 Posts: 623 Member
    Options
    I'm training for old age. Walkers and broken hips are for losers.
  • ipsamet
    ipsamet Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    I have a 5k on June 23rd, the Appleman Triathlon in Littleton, MA July 15th, another 5k July 27th, and the Tufts 10k for Women October 8th. So.. yes! Haha.
  • sarahdangar
    sarahdangar Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Training for a 10K in 2 weeks and then London marathon next year
  • SME1976
    SME1976 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    To look better, feel better, and for the PA Spartan race and maybe The Run for Your Lives...
  • gchutson
    Options
    I'm training for old age. Walkers and broken hips are for losers.

OLDIES UNITE!
  • sjmgde
    sjmgde Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    I want to look again. 50lbs overweight :mad: is not sexy:frown: And i have a warrior dash and a tri and a mud chug coming up. So i am doing it for both:happy: