Is anyone training for something specific?

Options

Replies

• staceyseeger
    staceyseeger Posts: 783 Member
    Options
    I am training for two half marathons & the Tough Mudder in the Fall.
  • cyclerjenn
    cyclerjenn Posts: 835 Member
    Options
    Just finished the Rim to Rim hike of the Grand Canyon this weekend. Next is the Arizona State Hill Climb Championships in September. Then a marathon in January with something in April, just not sure what yet!
  • TennisQtpye
    TennisQtpye Posts: 110 Member
    Options
  • KellyKAG
    KellyKAG Posts: 418
    Options
    I'm trying to be ready for the Hell Run in September. I initally worked my way up and did a few 5K runs. Now I want to see if I can do the Hell Run. It should be really hard and really fun.
  • nas24
    nas24 Posts: 880 Member
    Options
    Also ticker says it all. I have to be able to out run those *kitten* with a toddler duck taped to my back. I better get crackin'!
  • FenceNed
    FenceNed Posts: 1
    Options
    I am training for upcoming fencing season! I am set for Zombie apocalypse - with swords you never run out of bullets :)
  • Dayna154
    Dayna154 Posts: 910 Member
    Options
    Im training for life in general. A better happier healthier one. As I get closer to goal and find new things to stay in shape, who knows what my goals will become.. :bigsmile:
  • zombiefarmboy
    zombiefarmboy Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    One of my goals (besides getting into that bride's maid dress, lol!) is to get into good enough shape to do the Tough Mudder Race in Buffalo, NY next summer. If that goes well, I want to do a Spartan Race, too. And if I gets the stones, I'd really like to do and IronMan before the day I die.
  • Miss_Chievous_wechange
    Miss_Chievous_wechange Posts: 1,230 Member
    Options
    Yep, the Zombie Apocalypse. I don't want my face eaten by zombies.
  • zombiefarmboy
    Options
    Yes, the zombie apocalypse
    I'm also doing a zombie run in september.
    Nice!
  • ickybella
    ickybella Posts: 1,438 Member
    Options
    Oh, I know all about mid-life crises. (I used to date older men. Now, I'm married to one.) The best thing you can do to train for that is to start sleeping with your secretary and buy a stupidly expensive car.

I'm not training for anything specific, though I did have plans to run a full marathon at one point. Now, however, my goal is to become very strong and maybe one day compete in a figure comp.
  • zombiefarmboy
    Options
    Yep, the Zombie Apocalypse. I don't want my face eaten by zombies.
    Again, nice!
  • kgprice11
    kgprice11 Posts: 750 Member
    Options
    Im training for a 10k coming up in October haha running aint my thing though even though I am in shape
  • zombiefarmboy
    Options
    Im in training for American Ninja Warrior
    Ooo! Can I change mine!
  • lickmybaconcakes
    lickmybaconcakes Posts: 1,063 Member
    Options
    Tennis, sprint speed and core strength.
  • kschr201
    kschr201 Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    Color RUN! :) 5k first. I gained all the weight during injuries that left me pretty sedentary years ago. Now that I've healed up, I need to try to run again since I'm out of excuses.
  • Pablosammy
    Pablosammy Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    I'm not sure if I decided to lose weight or run a marathon first... either way, they go hand-in-hand! The idea of being able to look good in slim-fit designer togs is pretty intoxicating, though ;)

And last but not least... I need a girlfriend! I came out of an 11-year relationship (and marriage) last year, so this is part of me rebuilding my life.
  • emmygrace2012
    emmygrace2012 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Of course, to look ahhmazing in a bikini this summer is always a goal. lol.
    This summer or fall, doing a 10k...training for a 1/2 marathon!!! :-)
    Did 8 miles for the first time this weekend!!!! yaaaay!!
    And apparently I should also be worried about the zombie apocolypse?
  • benich3043
    benich3043 Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    I would like to score a perfect 300 on both the Marine Corps Physical Fitness Test (PFT) and the Marine Corps Combat Fitness Test (CFT).

Perfect Scores are as follows:

PFT- 20 Pull-ups, 100 crunches, 18 minutes or less for 3 mile run

CFT - 880 yd run (1/2 mile) in boots and camoulage uniform in less than 2:45
    97 Ammo can lift (35 lb military press)
    Movement under fire in less than 2:15 (Consists of several events to include buddy drag, ammo can carry and run,
    fireman carry buddy, and low/high crawl.

This is the manuever under fire portion: http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=fvwp&v=cuw7fh4zfck&NR=1
  • Fit4Evolution
    Fit4Evolution Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    I am training for the Warrior dash . It is def great motivation to get me to start running again . my endurance is now up , ive shredded up pretty good and my strength is up as well.. I also have 5 more people signed up for the race and we teamed up .. and we are all motivating eachother..