Weigh yourself everyday

Options
12345679»

Replies

• MalloryCurrent
    MalloryCurrent Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    I have been weighing myself everyday. granted I have only started, but it helps me see what is working and what isn't. There are days when it goes up and It just gives me a goal to make better choices that day. I can look back at that days log and see why I didn't change or went up. I prefer to weigh everyday. =)
  • cally69
    cally69 Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    I weigh at least once a day - like was said, it really helps you to understand how your weight fluctuates so you don't freak out if you gain 2 lbs after eating a chinese meal!

However, I would think that this has more to do with personality type. If you are the type of person that is very analytical and logical, maybe even some scientific education so you understand error in measurements, you weigh every day so you can understand and reason. If you are not, you get depressed.

I'm afraid I don't agree with this. I weigh and measure once a month simply because I don't want to obsess with scales. It doesn't mean I'm not scientifically minded, I work as a nurse and fully understand why weight fluctuates. I am 100% committed to this new lifestyle and since I rigidly stick to the calories I'm allowed I know it is working for me. I could see a scenario whereby if I did have a bad weekend I would be more compelled to check out the damage so to speak but so far this way of approaching it works for me.. I have a long way to go, perhaps as I reach my goal I would want to weigh weekly. Who knows, I'm just enjoying the journey so far..
    Good luck to you all whatever you choose
    X
  • fattofit20
    fattofit20 Posts: 86
    Options
    I weigh myself daily just to keep myself on track. I only do my "weigh in" once a week on MFP though. I found for me personally that weighing everyday keeps me motivated to see that scale move down even an ounce!
  • booitsk8
    booitsk8 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    i weigh myself 3 times a week but if i had scales that were more reliable, i would weigh every day. i like to know exactly where im up to. but i also understand that people make this journey in very different ways...its very personal, so i dont think theres a right or wrong way. its just what works for you.