Age 40's, 50's 60's weight loss stories PLEASE

Options
1234568»

Replies

• 2youngatheart
    2youngatheart Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    You all are simply amazing.... Great motivation!
  • CherylP67
    CherylP67 Posts: 772 Member
    Options
    Just looking to see and hear any success stories from those of us who are in their 40's, 50's and 60's....

How old are you? (you don't have to be specific if you don't want to...you can just say 50's, 60's 40's--whatever, okay)

How much have you lost?

How long did it take you to lose the weight (and/or issues/attitudes that kept you overweight/obese)?

How long have you kept it off?

What did you do/are doing to STAY slim and healthy?

Please do share, okay?

I'm 46

I've lost 35 pounds, I've not lost a pound in over a month but I'm losing inches, I've started running and strength training.

It took me 3 months to lose 35 pounds, I was smaller, but a smaller lumper version of the obese me, which is why I started exercising.

I'm trying to learn about nutrition and how my body uses what I feed it. I'm working with a personal trainer who is fifty years old with a gorgeous physique on stability, equalizing the strength on both sides of my body, and heavy lifting. I'm planning on doing Stronglifts, and as bad as I want to start it, I can taste it, I'm taking my time with my trainer and doing this right.

I'd still like to lose 20 pounds, but I've gone from a size 16 to a size 8 even bought a pair of size 6 jeans. I know it's not about the weight, but I do want to drop a few more pounds, some habits die hard.
  • rpn2003
    rpn2003 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    How old are you?

How much have you lost?

51 pounds

How long did it take you to lose the weight (and/or issues/attitudes that kept you overweight/obese)?

Started March 2011. Highly stressful job, was using food as a crutch.

How long have you kept it off?

Currently maintaining for last 6 months.

What did you do/are doing to STAY slim and healthy?

Faithfully logging in on MFP. Workout at least 5 times a week. Keep active all the time.
  • NewLIFEstyle4ME
    NewLIFEstyle4ME Posts: 4,440 Member
    Options
    :love: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :smooched: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :love:

Thanks for posting these inspirational and encouraging replies!!!!! :smooched:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!