12 Weeks Until Halloween=Let's Do This!

Options
I keep setting little goals for little things, like "look better in suits before my new job starts" and "take the stairs every time" but I've never had a big goal. Not a realistic one at least. But now I do.

Halloween!

I've decided that I'm going to be Trillian from Hitchhiker's Guide the Galaxy. I'll be sporting the oxford socks, blue shorts and the three-armed white button-up. I want to love my legs in the shorts! I'm not even going to buy the blue shorts until I've lost a size or two, and with 12 weeks until that day...I think I can definitely do it!

Who's with me? Let's get some Halloween goals going!

Replies

• hmo4
    hmo4 Posts: 1,673 Member
    Options
    I keep setting little goals for little things, like "look better in suits before my new job starts" and "take the stairs every time" but I've never had a big goal. Not a realistic one at least. But now I do.

Halloween!

I've decided that I'm going to be Trillian from Hitchhiker's Guide the Galaxy. I'll be sporting the oxford socks, blue shorts and the three-armed white button-up. I want to love my legs in the shorts! I'm not even going to buy the blue shorts until I've lost a size or two, and with 12 weeks until that day...I think I can definitely do it!

Who's with me? Let's get some Halloween goals going!

I'm IN! I am going to beat my arc enemy by it's big day-yup CANDY and SUGAR, be gone. I can do it! Starting a thread then? What's the plan girl?:drinker: :flowerforyou:
  • Shanta1983
    Shanta1983 Posts: 1,228 Member
    Options
    wow thats a good challenge Im down with it count me in so watz next
  • Shinemaria
    Shinemaria Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Awesome, a goal! I need something to focus on. I want to be able to wear a sexy costume for Halloween and not even THINK about "oh i'm too fat for this".....i should be about 198 by then....that might be a lot for some people but for me it would seem soooo nice...
  • lbragg
    lbragg Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Halloween is my birthday too! :smile: What is the challenge!?
  • skywalker
    skywalker Posts: 1,533
    Options
    I'd like to be down another 10.5 lbs by Halloween (my halfway point). Less than one a week! Totally do-able!!!
    Count me in!!! :drinker:
  • kath711
    kath711 Posts: 712 Member
    Options
    That sounds like a great goal by Halloween. I'd like to lose about 8 pounds by then . I'm in!
  • lmahloy
    lmahloy Posts: 1
    Options
    what a great idea! my goal is to lose 20 lbs by oct 30! then ill be my goal weight, and look better than i ever have!
    i just want to say great job to everyone out there, way to stick to it!

219766.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Diet Plans
  • skywalker
    Options
    So... Is this the idea? We set a personal 12 week goal and keep checking in? Start a new thread? Just asking... I love getting in on these challenges. They keep my motivation up :happy:
  • frogg2allegra
    Options
    Halloween is my favorite holiday. I blame bad horror movies I watched growing up like Happy Birthday to Me, Hell night and the original The FOG. Count me in!

My Goal for Halloween: I want to lose 15 by Halloween.That's just over a pound a week. I CAN DO THIS!

Whoop whoop!
    When should we weigh in?
    Halloween is a Saturday, how perfect for a party for us to show off our successful selves.
  • barbarella
    barbarella Posts: 609 Member
    Options
    Yeah Baby! That sounds great! :flowerforyou:

I have Halloween in mind for my final goal but haven't focused on it at all.
    I would love to be a sexy pin-up girl! Strut my stuff in style, uh-huh!

16 lbs. divided by 12 weeks = 1.3 lbs. per week.
    Totally doable...... Yahoo! Let's GO! :drinker: :bigsmile:
  • Shanta1983
    Shanta1983 Posts: 1,228 Member
    Options
    Man how she gone start a challenge and just leave us without the whats whats ya feel me we wanna know how this gone work....:bigsmile:
  • barbarella
    Options
    She must have gone to bed already ..... it's late! :yawn:

We'll hit her up tomorrow.......... YUP! :bigsmile:
  • joelou
    joelou Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Can I join? It is great to have something to focus on. Would like to loose about a stone by then. We can do this :drinker:
  • CasperO
    CasperO Posts: 2,913 Member
    Options
    Wow,,, cool idea. Ok, my goal,hmmm... Interesting costume that requires a buffed out physique,,,

Think I could pull off the Spartan soldier thing like that movie "300"?!?! :laugh: :bigsmile: :smile: :tongue: :sad:

Ok, maybe not. Maybe just your basic spooky looking serial killer. I've got the clothes,,, and most of the look. Hard to be scared of a paunchy looking serial killer - so I gotta stick with it.

I resolve - 200 pounds and 32" waist by Halloween!

That's 11 pounds in 12 weeks, which should be easy - but I'm down to 16% bodyfat now and they don't come off like they used to. Wish me luck.
  • skywalker
    Options
    Wow,,, cool idea. Ok, my goal,hmmm... Interesting costume that requires a buffed out physique,,,

Think I could pull off the Spartan soldier thing like that movie "300"?!?! :laugh: :bigsmile: :smile: :tongue: :sad:

Ok, maybe not. Maybe just your basic spooky looking serial killer. I've got the clothes,,, and most of the look. Hard to be scared of a paunchy looking serial killer - so I gotta stick with it.

I resolve - 200 pounds and 32" waist by Halloween!

That's 11 pounds in 12 weeks, which should be easy - but I'm down to 16% bodyfat now and they don't come off like they used to. Wish me luck.
    Good Luck :drinker:
  • firefly13
    Options
    Sorry for abandoning everyone haha, I'm on the east coast so I went to bed after my inspired post.

This is my first thread and now my second comment so I'm new here, but I say we all set our own goal and keep checking in. Do we need to start a new thread for this? I think we can stay here...let me know!

My goal is to lose 20 pounds by Halloween and tone up. I'm working out 5 or 6 days a week, focusing on intense cardio every other day and some serious total body workouts the other days, with either an abs or leg concentration. My upper body is doing alright, I used to be a softball pitcher so I just want to tone it back a bit and the total body workout will keep me covered.

I made my first smoothie this morning and it's delicious :-) A big weakness for me is oversnacking or letting myself fall into a trap. So MFP will be great for me (especially this thread!) because it keeps me accountable. I know I have a chocolate craving so I bought the silken chocolate tofu and will let myself dip some strawberries in it from time to time, but always in a reasonable amount. And I know that there are certain foods that I overeat like crazy (like cream cheese with bagels) so I'm just not going to allow them in the apartment.

Putting your goal weight or size in here, along with fitness plan and some strategies for eating healthier, is a fantastic start for this Halloween plan. Let's keep it going, I'm off to do my total body workout focusing on my abs!
  • firefly13
    Options
    And for the spartan body seen in 300...here's the workout they used!

http://www.menshealth.com/celebrity-workouts/workouts/The_300_Workout.php
  • barbarella
    Options
    That sounds like the simplest way to go.......
    Everybody check in here at least once a week.
    List goals and weight progress. :flowerforyou:

166 today :noway: :grumble:
    (blaaaah, UP 2 lbs.! I keep going up & down 2 lbs. the last 3 weeks)

148 by Halloween, 18 lbs. to go :drinker:

CASPER OH! Would love to see you in a Spartan 300 outfit!!!

BTW: There was a comedy on HBO last night (forgot the name of the movie).
    With Kevin Sorbo (hubba, hubba) & others in Spartan outfits.
    Some had painted on abs..... ha, ha! Always an option! :laugh: :bigsmile: :laugh:
  • hmo4
    hmo4 Posts: 1,673 Member
    Options
    Well, I have been battling the last 10 pounds for months now. BUT THIS IS IT! I haven't weighed in lately-I only do it once a month, but I'm 145 now and want to lose the 10 by Halloween. Gonna be tough, I'm going away lots in September-all free food and drinks which makes it even harder, but I HAVE to do it! I need you guys to keep me motivated and kick me in the butt!:drinker:
  • carolinemacdonald22
    Options
    can i be in??? i would like to lose 15 pounds by then!! :smile: