12 Weeks Until Halloween=Let's Do This!

Options

Replies

• CasperO
    CasperO Posts: 2,913 Member
    Options
    I'm stuck, back at 12 pounds above goal.

I'm torn what to do right now. I decided a while back to add weight training. So I added some freeweights stuff,,, nothing too heavy.

Well,,, if you're gonna lift weights you might as well get some benefit, right? So I went a little heavier with the weights and added some protein to the diet. I also adjusted my calorie deficit to 500 a day / 1 pound a week loss.

So now I'm building muscle mass. My body responds well to weight training, always did.

So - - - will I ever see that 200 lb goal? I dunno,,, right now I'm losing fat and gaining muscle, feeling great, getting less ugly. Don't want that to stop.

I think I'll build for a little longer, and then "cut" for a month and try to get some of this fat off. To do to do,,, (fun though) :smile:

Casper, you and I have a very similar body type. I too respond very well to strength training. It's like I (and likely you) can make your body change very fast if you want it to. Just my opinion, I added serious running to my workouts and the stubborn weight just started going away FAST :drinker: By any chance, do you run / jog at all?

Nope, no can do, built all wrong for it. Did it in the military 'cause they made me and hated every step. Tried again in the last couple week and and about 1-1/2~2 miles out I got that old familiar ache in the lower back. Years ago I ran miles per day for a while and it never went away. Just not built to run - you ever seen a clydesdale gallop? :laugh:

I've been doing 30 minutes a day on the elliptical, and I've added some good bicycling lately and that feels great. I'm doing fine and still losing bodyfat, just not getting any smaller. 's Ok.
  • sixtyinchesoffury
    sixtyinchesoffury Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    well i am not sure if it's good or bad but i stayed exactly the same this week......140.4 :laugh:

oh well i will take it, especially when i think back to all the junk food i ate this last weekend :sick:

i did have everyday filled with activity though so i guess that really helped to off set it

hope everyone is having a good day and stay strong!!!! :drinker:

water goal for today is 96oz again......didn't make it yesterday:ohwell: finished with 70 oz

btw......halloween costume ideas??????
  • kath711
    kath711 Posts: 712 Member
    Options
    Checking in. Down 1 1/2 pounds, yeah!! Not sure how I did that over a holiday weekend but i'll definitely take it. I might re-weigh tomorrow to make sure it wasn't a fluke. :happy:
  • tanya7712
    tanya7712 Posts: 441 Member
    Options
    I don't lose anything this week. I've actually stayed at the samke weight for 3 weeks now. A little bit disappointing:frown:

-Tanya
  • CasperO
    CasperO Posts: 2,913 Member
    Options
    Same here, stuck at 212. It's Ok,,,
  • sixtyinchesoffury
    Options
    :heart: Hey Tanya just wanted to give you a little encouragement!!!

you can do it lady!!!! :smooched:

i was feeling pretty down but now am back in the game so i thought i would pass it along to you :flowerforyou:

have a great day and keep up the good work!!!!
  • tanya7712
    Options
    :heart: Hey Tanya just wanted to give you a little encouragement!!!

you can do it lady!!!! :smooched:

i was feeling pretty down but now am back in the game so i thought i would pass it along to you :flowerforyou:

have a great day and keep up the good work!!!!

Thank you amcclure. I am trying to keep motivated. I look at it this way, atleast I did'nt gain, something positive.:smile:
  • VegasBaby
    VegasBaby Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    oohhhhh I'm with you! I'm with you!
  • barbarella
    barbarella Posts: 609 Member
    Options
    Hey all, :flowerforyou: :love: :flowerforyou:

I haven't checked in for awhile. Took extra time off work before the Labor Day weekend and haven't been logging or working out much at the gym.

Have been eating different = more? than usual, exercising less. Walking and did some great hiking in the woods over the weekend. WOW! Good thing for my gym workouts or the legs would've been baaad!

Got on the scale this a.m......... 161! huh? DOWN 3-4 lbs. :drinker:

Back to the gym and my normal routine on Monday!
    But for now.... yahoo!! I'll take the weirdness thankyouverymuch! :flowerforyou:
  • skywalker
    skywalker Posts: 1,533
    Options
    Checking in... no change for me this week. :grumble:
    Last week 173 lbs
    This week 173 lbs
    Halloween goal 11 lbs (167 lbs)
    Still 6 more to go!!!
  • sixtyinchesoffury
    Options
    ok i gotta kick this log/don't log cycle. it's really impeding my process. doesn't help that it's TOM either !!!!:grumble:

hope all is well with everyone and tomorrow is weigh in for me not gonna lie......i'm nervous:embarassed:

i'll be back!!!!!!:happy:
  • Jovialation
    Jovialation Posts: 7,632 Member
    Options
    today was supposed to be weigh in day for me but ive already drank two glasses of water and had breakfast because Id forgotten...tomorrow i guess
  • sixtyinchesoffury
    Options
    ok guys. not so bad but not what i want to see..... i am up one pound. i am pretty sure it's from TOM

though. actually i was looking at my excel log that i have been keeping since january. it's pretty

interesting to see your weight changes in that context. i bought a new scale in jan. and since have

logged my weigh ins (wed.) you can see the weight move from week to week and like clockwork

the 4th week or so is up a pound or two....then drops back down. it actually is very helpful to control

that feeling of panic that i get from a "gain".

so i will keep on keepin on and know that i am doing a good thing :flowerforyou:

btw.....i have only lost 7 pounds since Jan. i know i don't have much to lose.....but at what point is this

just an excuse???? thoughts.......
  • kath711
    kath711 Posts: 712 Member
    Options
    I had the same thing happen to me this past week. I was actually going to weigh again tomorrow to see if I went down anymore before I posted. I went up almost four pounds in the past week and finally have come back down to my starting weight from last week. That is so frustrating but at least now I know to look for that to happen and not get too worried about it. I never realized your weight fluctuated so much around that TOM.
  • haottilie
    Options
    I am down for a Halloween goal! Count me in. Have been invited to an adult costume party and would love to look good in my Greek goddess costume!
  • tanya7712
    Options
    So I have'nt lost any weight again this week. This is a month now that I have'nt moved on the scale. I am not liking this:grumble:

-Tanya
  • tanya7712
    Options
    ok guys. not so bad but not what i want to see..... i am up one pound. i am pretty sure it's from TOM

though. actually i was looking at my excel log that i have been keeping since january. it's pretty

interesting to see your weight changes in that context. i bought a new scale in jan. and since have

logged my weigh ins (wed.) you can see the weight move from week to week and like clockwork

the 4th week or so is up a pound or two....then drops back down. it actually is very helpful to control

that feeling of panic that i get from a "gain".

so i will keep on keepin on and know that i am doing a good thing :flowerforyou:

btw.....i have only lost 7 pounds since Jan. i know i don't have much to lose.....but at what point is this

just an excuse???? thoughts.......

I am in the same boat as you. I have'nt lost weight in a while and I don't have much to loose either. Don't know anymore what to do, but I am thinking that this week I did'nt loose also because of TOM. We shall see what next week will bring.

-Tanya
  • sixtyinchesoffury
    Options
    hey all!!! just poppin in to say hi and gather some encouragement which i seem to need on a daily

basis. i am setting my water goal today for a solid 70 ounces. i am noticing when i try to go more

aggressive with it (and my calorie goal) i seem to not hit the mark and then give it the what the hell

attitiude and go way over my calories or way under my water. so i think i need to start settin more

reasonable goals so i get that confident boost when i reach them. i need the momentum to keep me

going. maybe i have an all or nothing personality?? :tongue:

so good luck today and let's make it happen!!!

btw....i like the greek goddess costume idea :love:
  • sleepl8s
    Options
    I'm in!! That was actually my goal before you posted this. Every time I get on the treadmill, I imagine myself in a skimpy costume not having to suck my stomache in or tug at things. I'm excited!! Now I feel like i have even more drive cuz i gotta keep in check with you guys. I'm shooting for 6 solid forever gone pounds that look more like 10 since muscle mass will be included. FINGERS CROSSED!!
  • tanya7712
    Options
    So my costume will be Sexy Supergirl. I am going to go to Party City sometime soon and see how it fits. I think that once we loose all this weight by Halloween, we should all post us in our halloween costume. I think that would be nice to see. What do you guys think?

-Tanya