What drives you CRAZY about your gym??

Options

Replies

• taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options
    My power rack is too short to do overhead press inside of; have to do it outside. But the hangers can only go up so far, so I have to do a partial front squat in order to set up for the overhead press. #firstworldproblems
  • strunkm4
    strunkm4 Posts: 266
    Options
    I have to admit though I love my gym because they put the free weights section behind the cardio section so us guys can watch all of the hot women run, bike, or use the elliptical. :love:

Clearly this must be where my trouble comes in picking up a piece of man meat from the gym. I guess I should start doing the ellipticals and treadmills instead of lifting. Bah humbug.
  • GasMasterFlash
    GasMasterFlash Posts: 2,206 Member
    Options
    My power rack is too short to do overhead press inside of; have to do it outside. But the hangers can only go up so far, so I have to do a partial front squat in order to set up for the overhead press. #firstworldproblems
    Heh. You said "hangers". Heh,
  • GorillaNJ
    GorillaNJ Posts: 4,052 Member
    Options
    It drives me crazy when the hot girls doing amazing stretches in their yoga pants bust me checking them out and give me a dirty look. THEY WON'T LET ME BE THE CREEPER I WANT TO BE :angry:

That dirty look is actually an invitation to flash them your junk...
  • Cliffslosinit
    Cliffslosinit Posts: 5,044 Member
    Options
    It drives me crazy when the hot girls doing amazing stretches in their yoga pants bust me checking them out and give me a dirty look. THEY WON'T LET ME BE THE CREEPER I WANT TO BE :angry:

That dirty look is actually an invitation to flash them your junk...

Yes Parrot Jr will get you lots of friends
  • Jacwhite22
    Jacwhite22 Posts: 7,012 Member
    Options
    No squat rack.....I hate doing squats in a smith machine.....
  • jnc8708
    jnc8708 Posts: 3
    Options
    I like that my gym is open 24hrs, I like to workout by myself because I am usually to out of breath to chat but I will give a nod or a smile when I recieve one. I hate when there are a million machines of the same type open and the only other person in the gym has to come get on the machine right next to mine. I go on off hours just to have the space.
  • jconnon
    jconnon Posts: 427 Member
    Options
    I am new to lifting but the first thing I want to do when I get to the gym is squats. There is only one power rack and guys are usually camped out in it or the take the bar off of it and do stuff with it in the middle of the gym for 30 minutes. Usually there is group of guys together when I go that set up camp in it.
  • Sidesteal
    Sidesteal Posts: 5,510 Member
    Options
    The pull-up bar broke, so I have to do weighted pullups on an assisted pullup machine with the lever disengaged. This is fine, but the diameter of the 45# plate is to big and it smacks into the tower when I pull, so I'm constantly making a clanging sound which probably irritates people.

Which leads me to my next point:

They care about noise to some degree. I asked the trainers there if I could do Pendlay rows (it's a barbell row in which the barbell is floored every rep as opposed to a standard or Yates style row where the barbell is in the air the whole time). I was told no, due to noise (plates clanging the ground each rep).

Thankfully I can do deadlifts there and nobody has yelled at me for grunting yet.
  • secretlobster
    secretlobster Posts: 3,566 Member
    Options
    I swear the women's locker room is a fun house built in a spiral
  • kgprice11
    kgprice11 Posts: 750 Member
    Options
    I have to admit though I love my gym because they put the free weights section behind the cardio section so us guys can watch all of the hot women run, bike, or use the elliptical. :love:

Clearly this must be where my trouble comes in picking up a piece of man meat from the gym. I guess I should start doing the ellipticals and treadmills instead of lifting. Bah humbug.

Hahaha hell yeah...well from the looks of you on the quad you really do not need it
  • arielgilb
    arielgilb Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    When girls work out with their hair down. If you are sweating and/or working hard, that is NOT comfortable.
    Also, people who work out in jeans. Just, why?
  • MsMuniz
    MsMuniz Posts: 399 Member
    Options
    I love that they are open 24 hours during the week but hate that they close way early on the weekends...
  • nas24
    nas24 Posts: 880 Member
    Options
    That God Damn Fan!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • alisont91
    alisont91 Posts: 54
    Options
    it's closed on the weekends, only open 7am-7pm on weekdays, only has 3 treadmills working at a time, only has 3 good ellipticals, no room to sit on the floor and do abs without being in someone's way.
    This is my school gym during the summer. I've resorted to running outside and doing JM workouts in my home because the gym is so freakin awful!!
  • SPBROOKS68
    SPBROOKS68 Posts: 561 Member
    Options
    Guys grunting and it is always hot in there!
  • lizzybethclaire
    lizzybethclaire Posts: 849 Member
    Options

I have gotten used to it, but it made me self-conscious when guys would stare at my chest when I am on the elliptical. I have learned that while you may not be "hot", guys love watching boobs.
  • kellyallday
    kellyallday Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    People that come to socialize and disturb my workout. They're all "Hey girl (insert annoying squeal here), guess what happened", quite LOUDLY while on the machine next to mine. Really!? Of course you can talk to people, but I am there to workout and seriously need my music to keep me going. If I can hear your whole conversation line by line than you're too damn loud and should excuse yourself and go chat off to the side.
  • workoutgirl23
    Options
    Some of the people who are the babysitters in the kids club at my gym. They are mean to me and snotty for no good reason. another pet peeve, i don't know if this really counts. but it bugs me when people get on the treadmill next to me, walk like a snail at 2 mph and then get off after 5 minutes. lol. i'm not judging. but i just always think its funny. your at the gym for a reason, actually work out and do something productive. or those people who barely work out at all, and just stand around talking to every one.
  • ladybug1620
    ladybug1620 Posts: 1,136 Member
    Options
    My gym offers free child care, but often when I take the kids in there's nobody working and I have to search someone out. Then they're like "ohhh I guess I'll go in there." Why offer free child care if you don't have a staff member during the posted hours? Annoying.