What's your "go to" meal when you don't feel like cooking?

Options

Replies

• mmessinger0718
    mmessinger0718 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Cut up apple with crunchy peanut butter and a glass of wine :) Seriously the best ever.
  • BringingSherriBack
    BringingSherriBack Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    wrap - turkey or ham and cheese on low-carb tortilla
    flatbread pizza with turkey pepperoni
    cottage cheese and broccoli
    salad
  • LBxLB
    LBxLB Posts: 691 Member
    Options
    I make a huge batch of soup usually and then freeze portion sizes with calories written on bag. When I dont feel like making anything, I just thaw it and heat it in the micro :D

That's a great Idea
  • MalloryCurrent
    MalloryCurrent Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Home made pizza on a pita. Quick easy and low cal.

Can you share your recipe? That sounds sooo yummy!
  • myfitnessnmhoy
    myfitnessnmhoy Posts: 2,105 Member
    Options
    I've been pretty good about planning my meals for the week but tonight I just didn't feel like cooking anything. I was going to make turkey tacos which are easy to make but didn't even feel like doing that. I wound up eating popcorn and a yogurt smoothie.

What's your quick "go to" meal when you just don't feel like making anything?

Instant refrigerator oatmeal. Use quick-cook or instant oats instead of old-fashioned.

- Equal amounts oats and yogurt
    - A splash of milk to make the consistency the way you like it (I use no milk, I like it thick!)

Then add a protein source like protein powder, peanut butter, etc. If you're feeling like something sweeter, add some unsweetened cocoa powder and just a bit of maple syrup, honey, molasses, or sugar.

It's not a perfect meal, but it's got plenty of proteins and complex carbs, and is as easy as dumping stuff into a bowl and stirring for a few seconds.
  • southpaw211
    southpaw211 Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    Eggs and toast. It's quick, it's filling, reasonably healthy. I usually do spaghetti Mondays (everybody's late night to work) with dreamfield's pasta and my homemade sauce that I freeze in batches. I used to do it with homemade meatballs, but they are off the menu until I've made some substantial progress.

My favorite barely-cooked meal though is a one dish dinner that I make with quinoa. While the quinoa is cooking, I chop up artichoke hearts, red onion, grape tomatoes, add a can of cannelini beans and the juice of half a lemon & a 1/2 tsp of kosher salt. Stire it all together with the warm quinoa and bam - instant healthy dinner. I occasionally will add leftover grilled chicken breast, or even canned (packet) tuna to give it a little extra protein. It's wicked tasty and only takes as long ot prep as the quinoa takes to cook.
  • happythermia
    happythermia Posts: 374
    Options
    Cereal! LOL honestly, I could eat cereal at any time. Or cheese toast. YUM!
  • myfitnessnmhoy
    Options
    Also, to prevent this in the future, pre-cook a few healthy meals and freeze them. That way, you can just heat-and-eat a healthy meal.
  • myfitnessnmhoy
    Options

Ours is as simple as taking a pita (or even a slice of 12-grain bread), adding a little pasta sauce from a jar, sprinkling on some grated cheese and a couple of pieces of pepperoni, and putting it in the toaster oven.
  • MalloryCurrent
    MalloryCurrent Posts: 62 Member
    Options

Ours is as simple as taking a pita (or even a slice of 12-grain bread), adding a little pasta sauce from a jar, sprinkling on some grated cheese and a couple of pieces of pepperoni, and putting it in the toaster oven.

Thank you! Gonna try that for lunch one day! =)
  • Montegue42
    Montegue42 Posts: 98
    Options
    2 poached eggs with a low-fat colby cheese stick and a piece of fruit...I've been eating it so often that my dad bought me an egg poacher! Ahahaha.
  • squirrleydoodle
    squirrleydoodle Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    grilled cheese sandwich with ketchup for dipping (don't knock it until you try it yummm)

yuuuuuummy!!!! they're soooo good!!
  • brandalini
    brandalini Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    Tomato soup & Grilled cheese because my son LOVES it

Or popcorn LOL I love popcorn
  • meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,326 Member
    Options
    - protein smoothie with fruit and almond milk

- i usually keep some boiled eggs and fresh fruit in the fridge

- yogurt with fruit, almonds and a little jam or honey

- pb&j or ab&j

if i'm feeling really lazy i just make some tea and drink a lot of water
  • LFern
    LFern Posts: 141
    Options
    Bacon, Lettuce and Tomato Sandwiches. Sounds like a lot of work but for some reason it doesn't seem like cooking! LOL! I use baby spinach instead of lettuce too. . .
  • shannypoo21
    shannypoo21 Posts: 329
    Options
    Mixed green salad with tomatoes, cucumbers, strawberries or blueberries and vinegarette dressing. Also deli turkey meat on the side.
  • JSheehy1965
    JSheehy1965 Posts: 404
    Options
    poached eggs on toast or sardines mashed on toast with a little vinegar. :)
  • lizdavis07
    lizdavis07 Posts: 766 Member
    Options
    Something microwavable. If I don't feel like cooking, I don't feel like cleaning.
  • cbferriss
    cbferriss Posts: 122
    Options
    An egg and whole wheat toast always does it for me. A slice of tomato if I have any. I also keep those precooked chicken strips in the freezer for something quick.
  • Sherie13
    Sherie13 Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    A bag of microwave popcorn! Filling, light on calories, and you feel like you are having a treat.