What's your "go to" meal when you don't feel like cooking?

Options

Replies

• focus4fitness
    focus4fitness Posts: 551 Member
    Options
    Grilled cheese sandwiches and cucumber slices. Yum, had it tonight for supper.
    That sounds really good.

Mine is soup. I love soup.
  • meagalayne
    meagalayne Posts: 3,382 Member
    Options
    Super quick and easy tacos or taco salad. Yes.
    Or a fast omelet. I try to always have my veggies and grains prepped by mid week so I can throw together a lunch quickly.
    Oatmeal should not be taken lightly. Definitely a gk-to for me.
  • Megdmcda
    Megdmcda Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    i generally make some kind of sandwich...... turkey or ham and cheese....peanut butter and jelly....or tuna fish....
  • jus_in_bello
    jus_in_bello Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    Fruit or a potato/sweet potato something easy or that I can forget about for a while.
  • urasweethart
    urasweethart Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    baked potatoe or sweet potatoe their fast easy and help keep leg cramps at bay.. and throw it in a ziplock for 10mins in the microwave and your set really dont have to add all the junk on them but if i do i put atmost 1/2 a serving of butter or sour cream really working on trying to stop useing so many condoments
  • urasweethart
    urasweethart Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    That or I will put some frozen chicken breast in the oven at 375 for an hour and and warm up some vegys super easy supper and no one will really complain that you didnt spend all that time in the kitchen
  • BR3ANDA
    BR3ANDA Posts: 622 Member
    Options
    Peanut butter on a whole wheat bagel.
  • robot_potato
    robot_potato Posts: 1,535 Member
    Options
    Salad, Cereal or a smoothie.
  • IAMDDAY
    IAMDDAY Posts: 771
    Options
    Tacos. Fast and easy. :)

Yup Taco's
  • gromithere
    gromithere Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    Low fat hot dogs (preferably Hebrew National 97% fat free). Thrown on the grill if weather is good...microwaved if not.
  • autumnk921
    autumnk921 Posts: 1,376 Member
    Options
    A 100% whole week tortilla with a tbsp of Nutella!! YUMMY and quick... :)
  • rachelheartsyouu
    Options
    anything i have available. that's so bad but things like crackers, things you'd take for snacks... basically to make a meal. i am working on that though!
  • MsNewBooty83
    MsNewBooty83 Posts: 1,003 Member
    Options
    small canned flavored tuna, 2 wasa or ryvita crackers,half avacado (or a whole small one) and a peice of fruit.
    i actually eat that almost every day for lunch, lol.
  • noirnatural
    noirnatural Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    vegetable soup( out of a can)

or protein smoothie
  • teagirlmedium
    teagirlmedium Posts: 679 Member
    Options
    Burrito.
  • DKBelle
    DKBelle Posts: 585
    Options
    You can check some fast meal on my site :) These are the meals that I make when I am lazy, all of them are fast to make and low calories, low cost, healthy foods :))
    https://www.facebook.com/pages/Cooking-ideasHomemade-Healthy-Foods/179121125503371
  • wbgolden
    wbgolden Posts: 2,071 Member
    Options
    beer and frozen white castle burgers.

just kidding. something completely healthy i cooked earlier in the week and saved the leftov.....man i almost said it with a straight face.
  • themommie
    themommie Posts: 5,002 Member
    Options
    I usually have a baked sweet potatoe and a tangerine or
    BLT made with turkey bacon
    pb&j and fruit usually melon
    vegetable frittata
  • Vivaciousfemale
    Vivaciousfemale Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    My homemade chopped and tossed green salad mix of romaine and green leaf lettuce, baby spinach, both red and green

cabbage, green onion, and cilantro that i keep ready to grab from a large zip lock bag in fridge. Then throw on top some sliced

strawberries, blueberries or blackberries with EVOO and balsamic vinegar or 1 tbls EVOO and 1 tbls mayonnaise. The

toppings are really endless and go from just fruits fresh or a few pieces of dried and nuts to chicken breast, steak, feta crumbled

cheese or even mozzarella cubes to make it a more hardy meal.

It has saved me many of times from making an unhealthy choice :happy:
  • atxdee
    atxdee Posts: 613 Member
    Options
    snickers and chocolate cake!