What's your "go to" meal when you don't feel like cooking?

Options

Replies

• corgisncollies
    corgisncollies Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    frozen pizza, which is totally not healthy. If I have salad in the house, I'll fix that with the pizza... We're trying.
  • Debbe2
    Debbe2 Posts: 2,071 Member
    Options
    Fruit and cottage cheese or yogurt and peanut butter.
  • Syderelli
    Syderelli Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    scrambled eggs! along with toast or in a tortilla :) sometimes I have some turkey bacon to go along with it.
  • Jacole18
    Jacole18 Posts: 716 Member
    Options
    pb&j on multi grain sandwich thins
  • GoodIntentions2012
    Options
    A spoonful of PB.
    Raw veges
    Harvarti Cheese and Melba Toast
  • NelehY
    NelehY Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Cottage cheese on Ryvita with sliced dill pickle on top.

Quick AND delicious!
  • TheRoadDog
    TheRoadDog Posts: 11,793 Member
    Options
    Crunch Peanut Butter.

or

I'll take leftover meat, dice it, add diced cilantro, green onions, jalapeno, mayo and chili paste; put it in a bowl and spread it on Triscuits.

or

Knob Creek.
  • healthyshelleym
    healthyshelleym Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Two egg omelette with veggies mixed in (generally 1/4 cup peas, 1/4 cup corn & a few jalapeno pieces). Once cooked topped with a small serve of baked beans with chilli. If I have a few calories to spare I also top this with a touch of cheese. I call this Mexi Omelette.
  • therealangd
    therealangd Posts: 1,861 Member
    Options
    A shrimp stir fry is my usual go to meal. I can have it done in about 10 minutes. Rice noodles, frozen precooked shrimp and frozen stir fry veggies. Add some zing, heat and go. But cooking to me is a huge meal using oven and elements. HA!
  • mbatey
    mbatey Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Cous Cous with Mackeral fillets, love the stuff and goo protiens and ready in 5 mins with 368 cals = winner for me!!
  • Qarol
    Qarol Posts: 6,171 Member
    Options
    Simmons Oven Roasted Chicken Wings with some bacon ranch dressing
  • pinkminy
    pinkminy Posts: 286
    Options
    if im not cooking at all its rice cakes with tomatoes, or vegimite
    or a protein shake

if I do a quick easy cook its
    usually eggs,
    or soup
  • maab_connor
    maab_connor Posts: 3,927 Member
    Options
    i call the place i can pretty much see from my house, and make them bring me a grilled chicken salad.
  • BBQueen513
    Options
    Grilled Chicken Sandwich and a small chilli from Wendy's.
  • MaraDiaz
    MaraDiaz Posts: 4,604 Member
    Options
    Kosher hotdogs. Not as nasty as regular hotdogs, but still processed, and I know better. But what can I do? I'm a steak-loving carnivore on a budget. Hotdogs are as good as it gets some days.

Funny thing is, I was a vegetarian for years. But my go to food was still highly processed: frozen, microwavable veggie burgers.
  • grnice
    grnice Posts: 96
    Options
    I really need to try turkey bacon. Would love to have a BLT but I'm trying to stay away from mayo.
  • kitinboots
    kitinboots Posts: 589 Member
    Options
    Breakfast. I'll do eggs or a bowl or cereal. I love breakfast at any time of the day :)

If I don't mind cooking but can't be bothered making something 'real' then i'll microwave some frozen veg, sautée an onion and top with a grilled fillet of fish from the freezer (the 60cal ones that taste of nothing) seasonned with curry spices.
  • tammisr32
    tammisr32 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    usually cereal... or PB&J. Although lately, my husband and I just snack on celery and PB. Who wants to cook or eat anything hot when its hot right?:ohwell:
  • ActiveGuy81
    ActiveGuy81 Posts: 705 Member
    Options
    Peanut butter and jelly sandwiches....or ordering pizza delivery :)
  • Anomalia
    Anomalia Posts: 506 Member
    Options
    ensure