What's your "go to" meal when you don't feel like cooking?

Options

Replies

• jjscholar
    jjscholar Posts: 413 Member
    Options
    For me it is either a simple lettuce and tomato salad with oysters poured on top or almond butter sandwiches...
  • TakeMyTai
    TakeMyTai Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Healthy Choice Chicken and Rice Microwaveable soup bowls. 190 Calories and an ample amount of protien and sodium for my fitness level. Sodium is something that I do not worry about because of (disgusting) the amount I sweat when I exercise.
  • nikkicormier82
    nikkicormier82 Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    i felt like this today and had a green smoothie:
    mix, spinach and almond milk. Add a banana, whey protein and any kind of fruit you want. yummmm, you can't even taste the spinach. Also, i am pretty full after 2 tall glasses.
    I also had some greek yogurt.

Peanut butter and banana sandwich!!! yummmm
    Or a sandwich with tuna, turkey or some other meat.

Cereal

a plate of crackers, cheese, carrots, celery and whatever else you want with some fruit-like a health buffet lol
  • cdc8146
    cdc8146 Posts: 1
    Options
    What I do is I have pre-baked marinated chicken strips stuffed in snack size ziploc bags in my freezer ready to go at anytime. Pop it in the microwave for 1min and my meal is done. Easy!
  • fit4lyfeLisa
    fit4lyfeLisa Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    Cereal & PB&J
  • grnice
    grnice Posts: 96
    Options
    grilled cheese sandwich with ketchup for dipping (don't knock it until you try it yummm)

LOVE grilled cheese and ketchup.....and tater tots!
  • svetz
    svetz Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I don't cook unless it's for someone else. My meals are made in under 5 minutes when I'm flying solo. The microwave is my best friend! I love to whip up a good protein smoothie though. I'll splurge and spend about 7 minutes on that. :)
  • kellyjo44
    kellyjo44 Posts: 2
    Options
    Tuna! The Starkist tuna pouches have prepared tuna salad, or different flavors and twists on tuna. Also they have great quick and easy recipies on the back that are super high in protien, low in fat and calories! I liked the starkist hickory smoked tuna quesadilla, recipie is on the back- takes about 5-10 minutes to make!

I also like to quick grill up talapia and steam broccolii I have done that meal so many times I can make it in 10 minutes tops. I buy the individually wrapped talapia fillets, thaw by running under running water for a few minutes, spray both sides with butter spray, sprinkle lemon pepper, gril a few minutes each side and done! Love that meal! If you don't like fish grill a chicken breast super quick. I buy the bags of individual chicken breast, thaw in the microwave for a minute or two, cook on the george forman grill with some lemmon pepper.

Turkey sandwich on toast, I use the Rudi's spelt bread. Turkey breast (i use quite a bit so I fill up on one sandwhich) , some light mayo and tomoto.

Buy the tysons ready to eat grill chicken breast strips., I heat those up on a pan with some Ken's light vadallia (sp?) onion dressing and some onion and some pepper strips (i buy the birds eye frozen pepper strips) Spit the mix between 2 La Tortilla high fiber, low carp green onion tortillas. Another one of my favs.
  • kathy329
    kathy329 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Turkey burger or a baked potatoe ( actually microwaved potato )
  • angelashay42
    angelashay42 Posts: 286
    Options
    Greek yogurt w/ granola and fruit
    Cottage cheese w/ whole wheat triscuits
    microwaved sweet potato
    Oatmeal made w/ soy milk, apples and cinnamon
  • NannersBalletLegs
    NannersBalletLegs Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    spinach and avocado salad with balsamic vinegar...or some manner of fruit
  • iuew
    iuew Posts: 624 Member
    Options
    subway six inch and chips.
  • Jstash88
    Jstash88 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    I keep a couple of Gorton's Signature Grilled Haddock fillets in the freezer for when I want a low calorie and quick meal. I usually cook up some brown rice and frozen spinach if I don't have any fresh vegetables to work with. Each fillet is 70 calories and come two to a box. I usually have 2 (140 cal), with 3/4 cup of brown rice (~160 cal) and 3/4 cup of spinach (45 cal). Very easy, low calorie and a fairly healthy/well rounded meal.

I do the same thing! I make a batch of brown rice and put 1/2 cup portions in zip locks, then when I need a quick healthy meal, I throw the frozen brown rice in the bottom of a bowl add frozen green beans or broccoli then top with a Gorton Fish. Cover with a plate and microwave for 7 minutes, then top with really great balsamic vinegar.
  • JustJennie1
    JustJennie1 Posts: 3,843 Member
    Options
    Popcorn, toast, or crackers and cheese..
  • Frock_Tarts32
    Options
    I LOVE poached eggs on toast with sweet fruit chutney :) Delish!
  • If my carbs are reasonably low, I love to have a banana in a low carb tortilla with 2 tblsp of high quality peanut butter and 1/2 tblsp of local honey~ yummmmm
  • determined2lose89
    determined2lose89 Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    Grilled cheese
  • danicoates
    danicoates Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    tuna with celery, tomatoes, olive oil, balsamic, little mayo on whole wheat tortilla...quick and easy!
  • TammyW18
    TammyW18 Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    Amys organic mexican meals or subway :bigsmile:
  • Dschmincke
    Options
    Half a cup of nonfat cottage cheese with 2 tablespoons of strawberry yogurt. That is my lunch go to meal.