What's your "go to" meal when you don't feel like cooking?

Options
I've been pretty good about planning my meals for the week but tonight I just didn't feel like cooking anything. I was going to make turkey tacos which are easy to make but didn't even feel like doing that. I wound up eating popcorn and a yogurt smoothie.

What's your quick "go to" meal when you just don't feel like making anything?

Replies

• _Bro
    _Bro Posts: 437 Member
    Options
    Pork rinds :)
  • Skeena4
    Skeena4 Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    I'll have cereal with fruit, or a PB & J, or boiled eggs - I'm usually low on protein though... so depending on how much cals i have left, I will make a smoothie or Elvis Oatmeal (oatmeal with peanut butter and a banana)
  • BeautifulKristen
    Options
    cereal
  • RaeN81
    RaeN81 Posts: 535 Member
    Options
    Grilled cheese sandwiches and cucumber slices. Yum, had it tonight for supper.
  • MartinaC32
    MartinaC32 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Home made pizza on a pita. Quick easy and low cal.
  • austelle
    austelle Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    2% cottage cheese with fruit on top or 2 scoops of whey protein powder blended with water and ice.
  • HelloSweetie4
    HelloSweetie4 Posts: 1,214 Member
    Options
    grilled cheese sandwich with ketchup for dipping (don't knock it until you try it yummm)
  • jamiem1102
    jamiem1102 Posts: 1,196 Member
    Options
    Cereal
  • tpittsley77
    tpittsley77 Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    Kashi frozen meal. They are healthy, low cal, whole wheat, natural,and delicious.
  • dorothytd
    dorothytd Posts: 1,138 Member
    Options
    Great question! I usually have enough energy to make some eggs when I feel that way, or a frozen dinner... But my favorite go-to is cereal. There are some good options with protein now, so all the better!
  • Erisad
    Erisad Posts: 1,580
    Options
    Strawberry spinach salad with a quick and easy vinaigrette. :)
  • Crowhorse
    Crowhorse Posts: 394 Member
    Options
    Tacos. Fast and easy. :)
  • Shelgirl001
    Shelgirl001 Posts: 476 Member
    Options
    Either macaroni & cheese and green beans (My 7 year old's favorite) or else frozen pizza. None of which is all that healthy, but it is quick. I also will do grilled cheese in our griller and make tomato soup.
  • KBreezy76
    KBreezy76 Posts: 13
    Options
    I try to keep some Stroehmann's Honey Wheat or Whole Grain White bread and some Oscar Meyer oven roasted white turkey breast on hand for those days. Also some sweet potato fries (love them) and My Essentials (Food Lion brand) yogurt.:)
  • TurtleRunnerNC
    TurtleRunnerNC Posts: 768 Member
    Options
    Cereal
  • wrevhn
    wrevhn Posts: 864 Member
    Options
    pbj
  • GurleyGirl524
    GurleyGirl524 Posts: 578 Member
    Options
    turkey sandwich
  • MindyG150
    MindyG150 Posts: 1,296 Member
    Options
    eggs
  • Tropical_Turtle
    Tropical_Turtle Posts: 2,236 Member
    Options
    Costco rotisserie chicken!! Matter of fact had some last night because it was so hot, I did not want to cook
  • lmkelly679
    lmkelly679 Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    morning star chicken patties with 2% milk kraft cheddar on a light bun :-) I heat up the pattie then put it in the toaster to crisp it up mmm :-)