What's your "go to" meal when you don't feel like cooking?

Options

Replies

• jnagy9886
    jnagy9886 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Popcorn or cereal or hot pockets.
  • ja20102004
    ja20102004 Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    Either macaroni & cheese and green beans (My 7 year old's favorite) or else frozen pizza. None of which is all that healthy, but it is quick. I also will do grilled cheese in our griller and make tomato soup.

I agree or just a turkey sandwich
  • jnagy9886
    jnagy9886 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    grilled cheese sandwich with ketchup for dipping (don't knock it until you try it yummm)
    I used to do this when I was a kid, I loved it!
  • SpanishRapunzel
    SpanishRapunzel Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Eggs with lots of veggies (usually fresh tomatoes and spinach) cooked in it, and a pinch of low-fat cheese, in a whole wheat tortilla
  • wtlos4me
    wtlos4me Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I make a fresh tomato & basil pizza using Naan as the base, an ounce of lowfat shredded monterey jack cheese and a sliced roma tomato topped with Mrs. Dash tomato & basil seasoning, and garlic powder. I pop it in the toaster oven and dinner is ready!
  • choochoobell
    choochoobell Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    Tuna
  • mfp_junkie
    mfp_junkie Posts: 359
    Options
    Two fried eggs on whole wheat toast with cheddar. Takes under 5 minutes, filling, yummy.
  • mlewon
    mlewon Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    hmmm.. yogurt and fruit and almonds!
  • sharleengc
    sharleengc Posts: 792 Member
    Options
    bbq chicken salad - I usually keep schwans oven baked chicken breast around for that to give it a little more flavor than grilled chicken that I have so much.

OR if my husband is home...which he usually is...lol...Ground turkey, pasta sauce and mashed potatoes...quick, easy...and not bad
  • ValerieMartini2Olives
    ValerieMartini2Olives Posts: 3,024 Member
    Options
    Tortillas with refried beans and cheese.
  • mfp_junkie
    mfp_junkie Posts: 359
    Options
    grilled cheese sandwich with ketchup for dipping (don't knock it until you try it yummm)

Is there any other way to eat grilled cheese? Have to have ketchup or it's not worth eating. Just sayin'
  • BrightEyesx3
    BrightEyesx3 Posts: 335
    Options
    Peanut butter and banana
  • skywa
    skywa Posts: 901 Member
    Options
    boiled eggs
    grilled chicken strips with bbq/hot mustard sauce
    raw fruit
    raw veg
    pickled veg (namasu, kimchee, daikon, ect).
    protein shake/protein smoothie
    roast chicken sandwich

i could go on forever. i dont cook unless i have to. lol
  • Lightbulb1088
    Lightbulb1088 Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    I use some of the protein drinks,or greek yogurt, Turkey jerky, half peanut butter sandwich, side salads from Bob Evans.
  • marie_2454
    marie_2454 Posts: 881 Member
    Options
    Usually an omelet with Morningstar chicken, spinach, and feta cheese, or Greek yogurt mixed with some protein powder and fruit. Or a Lean Cuisine spinach mushroom pizza if I'm feeling uber lazy :laugh:
  • Summersadiva
    Summersadiva Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    I always make big batches of soup that I can thaw easily. Or bake batches of salmon or tilapia and store them in foil packets that can go in the oven during my evening workout.

Another thing I do is keep frozen shrimp and veggies on hand. You can thaw shrimp and fish fillets while you workout or shower for the evening and bake in the oven while relaxing with a glass of your favorite beverage or recovering from your workout.

Or you can sautee them with minced garlic (I use the pre-minced kind) with some Mrs. Dash while the veggies are nuking. Yeah, it's cooking, but it doesn't take me long to do.
  • hbm616
    hbm616 Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    I keep a couple of Gorton's Signature Grilled Haddock fillets in the freezer for when I want a low calorie and quick meal. I usually cook up some brown rice and frozen spinach if I don't have any fresh vegetables to work with. Each fillet is 70 calories and come two to a box. I usually have 2 (140 cal), with 3/4 cup of brown rice (~160 cal) and 3/4 cup of spinach (45 cal). Very easy, low calorie and a fairly healthy/well rounded meal.
  • Innerautumn
    Innerautumn Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    Special K cereal with almond milk and a BUNCH of blueberries in it! YUMMY!
  • AllTehBeers
    AllTehBeers Posts: 5,030 Member
    Options
    Two fried eggs on whole wheat toast with cheddar. Takes under 5 minutes, filling, yummy.

Yep. I probably eat an egg sandwich almost every day, when I have bread and eggs. I always have the walmart marketside salads in my fridge so I just take it out and eat it. Actually, that's what I'm eating tonight. Other wise, it's peach and cottage cheese, chips and salsa or popcorn. I always have premade stuff because I hate cooking most of the time.
  • avt85
    avt85 Posts: 64
    Options
    Usually healthy frozen dinner meals but lately I've been having thin corn cakes/bread with hummus. Num num num.....