What's your "go to" meal when you don't feel like cooking?

Options
1789101113»

Replies

• iiijeniii
    iiijeniii Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Scrambled egg whites & toast with peanut butter.
  • lisamariepickering
    Options
    grilled cheese sandwich with ketchup for dipping (don't knock it until you try it yummm)

I thought my family were the only ones who did that! Everyone else looks at us weird.
  • Illona88
    Illona88 Posts: 903 Member
    Options
    Stir fried noodles with spinach and sesame.

Quicker than a microwave meal:

Toast a tablespoon of sesame seeds in a skillet without oil.
    Boil water in a kettle. Break up some udon or egg noodles in a bowl and pour the boiled water over it. Leave to stand for however long it says on the packet (about 3-4 minutes usually).

Heat some vegetable oil in a wok. Add a teaspoon of sambal ulek (chili pepper paste) and cook for a couple of seconds.
    Add a big handful (or two) of washed baby spinach. Stir fry until spinach has shrunk. Drain the now cooked egg noodles and add to the spinach. Add a tablespoon of soy sauce and a tablespoon of honey. Give it a good stir. Put this in a bowl and sprinkle the sesame seeds on top. Done.
  • MissAnjy
    MissAnjy Posts: 2,480 Member
    Options
    Popcorn, or a lean cuisine.
  • KDHILSON
    Options
    scrambled eggs. Yep, scrambled eggs or crackers and cheese. :)
  • AnneC77
    AnneC77 Posts: 284
    Options
    Scrambled eggs and whatever snacks I have near by. Sugarsnap peas, tomatoes, rice cakes, pb, yoghurts, whatever...
  • GlutesthatSalute
    GlutesthatSalute Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    low sodium turkey breast lunch meat on top of healthy weight frozen veggies. Just microwave the veggies and tear the turkey up over it. Under 200 calories and delicious!!

Reduced fat Cottage Cheese w flaxseeds, cinnamon, splenda and a banana..nom nom nom

Rolled up sliced turkey of string cheese or around cucumber slices!!
  • giggitygoo
    giggitygoo Posts: 1,978 Member
    Options
    Turkey burger with a bunch of veg on top + thin bun.

I buy the burgers frozen at Costco, and the freeze the buns too. I pop a bun in the toaster on defrost setting, and it's perfect. Burger straight from freezer to pan. 5 minutes one side, 4 minutes on the other, remove from heat, cover with a lid to melt your cheese for a couple mins.

PS: it's 5 bucks for 30 buns or so at costco. So much cheaper.

EDIT: I guess this still counts as cooking for most people, but it's soooooo easy and cheap. I use it as a savings plan too. Every time I eat this instead of going out, I put $20 in my spending account. I save up for random purchases this way. (Just bought a bed frame...WOOT)
  • bet3120
    bet3120 Posts: 125
    Options
    Home made pizza on a pita. Quick easy and low cal.

i love that!!! or i made smothies
  • Elainejk21
    Elainejk21 Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    Two morningstar farms veggie burgers with a cup of plain greek yogurt..
  • raeleek
    raeleek Posts: 414 Member
    Options
    Black bean and rice tacos with tons of veggies and avocado! Making these tonight in fact! :laugh: