Are muscled/defined women attractive?

Options

Replies

• kgprice11
    kgprice11 Posts: 750 Member
    Options
    I like muscle on a girl but there can definitely be too much on a girl I do not like the bulky body builder type muscle that is so well defined you can't tell if the girl has pecks or boobs. :) sorry But I love a girl with some definition

^^^This! Fit, healthy, and athletic is my goal. I DO NOT, however, wanna look like Chyna (the female pro wrestler)... :noway:

You will NEVER look like Chyna, she uses steroids, women do not have enough testosterone to look like that without gear.

Yes, I know, but there are women out there who aspire to look like that, so they are willing to use the steroids to get there. I'm more or less using her as an extreme example of crossing the line from looking athletic, but feminine, to trying to look like a man.

That sector of women who want to do that are so small that it isn't even relevant, so why even mention it? The OP person mentioned a volleyball player, not a wrestler on steroids.

Have you seen what these volleyball girls are working with btw??

SuperStock_4115-3381.jpg

sexy-volleyball-*kitten*-03.jpg

yeahhh please find me a man who has a problem with that. Then find me a women who doesn't wanna be that :wink:

I didn't quote the OP in my first comment. I was agreeing with something another poster said....you can cross a line with the muscles thing, even without steroids. Obviously, you won't look as extreme as Chyna without steroids, but you can still go too far. I didn't say anything even remotely antagonistic. Why does it feel like you're trying to pick a fight with me? I even said I WANT to look like an athlete, I just don't have any desire to look like I have pecs instead of boobs. I have no problem with women who look like those in the photos you posted. Heck, I don't even have a problem with women who want to look like Chyna...it's just NOT what I want for MYSELF, because, in my opinion, it's crossing the line from athletic, yet feminine, to looking too masculine.

Hahah if Chyna asked me out I wouldn't say no because I would be afraid of if she will eat me or not and mmmmmhhh love volleyball shorts thanks for the visuals!!
  • victoria4321
    victoria4321 Posts: 1,719 Member
    Options
    You had me at:
    True, but if she were vertical, the muscles are amazing and don't make her any less of a woman

And lost me at:
    but more of one if you ask me.

Using your example just cause it's there, but saying it makes her "more of a woman" implies that others are "less" because they don't match her personal drive/body preference/etc. Can we all PLEASE stop saying that women aren't women when they don't meet some specific criteria that has nothing to do with whether or not a woman is a woman. It's all good to have personal preference for what your ideal woman (or man) would look like/be like, but the rest of the women are still women. The human population is so varied and diverse, to limit the vision of what makes a person a woman (or a man) is ridiculous.

I took it as him saying shes more confident in herself and with her strength. To be that strong yet still graceful is very womenly to me. Its not so much her shape but the actions and how she can carry herself.

Just like a man can be more or less manly.
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,248 Member
    Options
    'Scuse me. I'm going to go string up a volleyball net in my back yard.
  • MoveTheMountain
    Options
    You had me at:
    True, but if she were vertical, the muscles are amazing and don't make her any less of a woman

And lost me at:
    but more of one if you ask me.

Using your example just cause it's there, but saying it makes her "more of a woman" implies that others are "less" because they don't match her personal drive/body preference/etc. Can we all PLEASE stop saying that women aren't women when they don't meet some specific criteria that has nothing to do with whether or not a woman is a woman. It's all good to have personal preference for what your ideal woman (or man) would look like/be like, but the rest of the women are still women. The human population is so varied and diverse, to limit the vision of what makes a person a woman (or a man) is ridiculous.

I took it as him saying shes more confident in herself and with her strength. To be that strong yet still graceful is very womenly to me. Its not so much her shape but the actions and how she can carry herself.

Just like a man can be more or less manly.

Completely agree.
  • victoria4321
    victoria4321 Posts: 1,719 Member
    Options
    'Scuse me. I'm going to go string up a volleyball net in my back yard.
    :laugh:
  • fteale
    fteale Posts: 5,311 Member
    Options
    Those volleyball women don't have visible muscle, so I am not sure how they are relevant to the debate. Is fit attractive? Of course, but that wasn't the original question.
  • triathlete5301
    triathlete5301 Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    Women should stop caring what others think of their bodies and worry about being fit and healthy and living their best life possible. I can appreciate wanting to be attractive, but the truth is that it doesn't matter if you're lean and fit, have abs, have flab, have rolls. Someone is going to find you attractive, and someone is going to find you unattractive. Be who you want to be. Let the rest of the world judge as they see fit.

FWIW, I think women who are fit are incredibly admirable and beautiful from the inside out. Same goes for women who make their health and fitness a priority in life even if they aren't ripped.

This is what I needed to hear. I should have a MP3 of it to repeat it to me daily....
  • beckylawrence70
    beckylawrence70 Posts: 752 Member
    Options
    I'm not a man but muscles on woman are def attractive, now I'm not talking like Madonna, that's too much for me, but I love it!
  • DonttrythatwithME
    DonttrythatwithME Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    Attractive to who is the question. It seems like women largely have this weird idea that muscles aren't sexy, but men love them.

Words cannot express how hot this is to me

sexy-fit-women-17.jpg

She has muscle curves which are much more attractive than fat curves.

Uh. For men... the pose alone is enough. Lol. And the bright colors.

haha I didn't notice the bright colors, however I did notice her eyes!
  • ironanimal
    ironanimal Posts: 5,922 Member
    Options
    tumblr_m1vuf2hlLK1qm5hzso1_500.png

Just leaving this here.
  • MoveTheMountain
    Options
    Attractive to who is the question. It seems like women largely have this weird idea that muscles aren't sexy, but men love them.

sexy-fit-women-17.jpg

But you can't say she looks particularly happy... And for me, a happy person is automatically an attractive person.
  • DonttrythatwithME
    DonttrythatwithME Posts: 214 Member
    Options

sexy-fit-women-17.jpg

But you can't say she looks particularly happy... And for me, a happy person is automatically an attractive person.

no she doesn't look happy but she does look determined, i think that is an attractive quality
  • contingencyplan
    contingencyplan Posts: 3,639 Member
    Options

sexy-fit-women-17.jpg

no she doesn't look happy but she does look determined, i think that is an attractive quality

It's a photo shoot. She's going to look how they tell her to look.

EDIT; Sorry video shoot. This is a screen cap.
  • fteale
    Options

sexy-fit-women-17.jpg

Quite. I think she looks like a miserable get, personally. Not in any way attractive.
  • fteale
    Options
    tumblr_m1vuf2hlLK1qm5hzso1_500.png

Just leaving this here.

I think this just goes to show that attractive really is entirely subjective. A lot of men hate the fake boob look.
  • Katie3784
    Katie3784 Posts: 543
    Options
    I personaly don't like a six pack on a man or a woman. I think women should be a little soft looking, and as for men, I cannot stand vanity in them, and having a six pack is a big sign that they care a crap load about their looks. I think I'm unusual as far as that goes.
  • ipock
    ipock Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I think that knowing the determination it took them to acquire that level of fitness is the most attractive thing about it. Girls who are able to put the blinders on and dedicate themselves to what they do are SUPER hot. Personally, I prefer slight definition on a flat stomach over a full blown six pack, however.
  • Josie_lifting_cats
    Josie_lifting_cats Posts: 949 Member
    Options
    I'm not into defined or big muscles on men, and I do not find myself envious over sculpted women. Sometimes I feel like I'm weird, because male strippers, firemen calendars, all that stuff is just not appealing at all to me.

However, I have had some buff boyfriends.... but it was their personalities that I loved. However, they were few..... it seems to be rare to find a slightly geeky, hilarious guy that is also buff. But I'm okay with that.
  • Katie3784
    Katie3784 Posts: 543
    Options
    If the chick looks like she may give me some go in a fight, the answer is no.

haha, I find this an interesting gender role example. I find it interesting that lots of men need to be stronger than their significant others. I wonder if it related to our society's definition of masculinity?
    Of course men want to be stronger than their partners. And I like the fact that my husband can pick me and our two kids up at the same time. Gender roles are very important to humans, and the fact that peoples want to do away with them is very unrealistic and a bit silly to me.
  • bobbybdoe
    bobbybdoe Posts: 472 Member
    Options
    If the chick looks like she may give me some go in a fight, the answer is no.

haha, I find this an interesting gender role example. I find it interesting that lots of men need to be stronger than their significant others. I wonder if it related to our society's definition of masculinity?
    Of course men want to be stronger than their partners. And I like the fact that my husband can pick me and our two kids up at the same time. Gender roles are very important to humans, and the fact that peoples want to do away with them is very unrealistic and a bit silly to me.

That statement definitely has nothing to do with gender roles. I wouldn't want to date a female that looked too masculine. I love toned women, but when your bicep is almost the same size as the average person's head, that's when it gets a little too awkward.