Are muscled/defined women attractive?

Options

Replies

• bobbybdoe
    bobbybdoe Posts: 472 Member
    Options
    If the chick looks like she may give me some go in a fight, the answer is no.

haha, I find this an interesting gender role example. I find it interesting that lots of men need to be stronger than their significant others. I wonder if it related to our society's definition of masculinity?

I don't think he meant it like that. I believe he meant that if a woman looks like she's stronger than him (a really buff dude) he may not be attracted to her because she looks more like a male than a female. I can relate to that point. As long as she isn't extremely strong like some of my body building friends on here, I think it's rather attractive.
  • secretlobster
    secretlobster Posts: 3,566 Member
    Options
    Women are nasty to one another when they are jealous. Of course a muscular/defined woman is attractive to (I'd say most) men. If you ask an INSECURE woman, she is probably going to find another woman attractive if she is her own body type, or heavier. It's hard to find someone attractive when they make you feel insecure.

A woman with muscles is super sexy. Muscles mean your body can perform great things, not just lie on a beach and look good.
  • LabRat529
    LabRat529 Posts: 1,323 Member
    Options
    Women should stop caring what others think of their bodies and worry about being fit and healthy and living their best life possible. I can appreciate wanting to be attractive, but the truth is that it doesn't matter if you're lean and fit, have abs, have flab, have rolls. Someone is going to find you attractive, and someone is going to find you unattractive. Be who you want to be. Let the rest of the world judge as they see fit.

FWIW, I think women who are fit are incredibly admirable and beautiful from the inside out. Same goes for women who make their health and fitness a priority in life even if they aren't ripped.

Love this :D

And I agree completely.

I personally want to be muscular. I get all giddy when I see/feel muscle beneath the fat. One day, I'd like that fat to be gone (mostly) and to have that defined look. But I'm doing all this for ME. I'm not doing it to make myself more attractive to the opposite sex.
  • jwaitman
    jwaitman Posts: 367 Member
    Options
    I think defined muscles are sexy on men and women. I wouldn't mind have a 6 pack for abs, however I would settle for a flat stomach too. I am not attracted to or find sexy extreme muscles on women. Men it depends. This is just my opinion, others may find it a total turn on. To each their own.
  • kelif5959
    kelif5959 Posts: 202
    Options
    IMO, I think it is amazing. Society? Who knows. Our society has some really warped ways of thinking..

agreed!!! I personally think it's impressive and HAWT!!! :bigsmile:
  • strunkm4
    strunkm4 Posts: 266
    Options
    I think muscles are sexy. I lift hard and heavy and love every single bit of my muscles. I actually wished they were more defined!
  • kelif5959
    kelif5959 Posts: 202
    Options
    I like muscle on a girl but there can definitely be too much on a girl I do not like the bulky body builder type muscle that is so well defined you can't tell if the girl has pecks or boobs. :) sorry But I love a girl with some definition

Oh.....I actually agree with this too! There is a line that can be crossed. I do like to see the difference between pecks and boobs for sure!!!
  • LabRat529
    LabRat529 Posts: 1,323 Member
    Options
    I think that it is naive to say that you shouldn't care about what other people think. People naturally judge others based on appearance, and so first impressions are very important in friends, dating, and the job market. I am not ashamed to say that I care about what others think. I asked this question just because I was surprised as a former athlete who is trying to get back to a six pack.

I disagree with the idea that first impressions are important in friends, dating, and the job market. First impressions are just that... first impressions. One should try to present a pleasant, appealing front, but if the potential friend, date, or hiring professional doesn't then look past superficial appearances... they aren't worth my time. I am not an appearance. I am not a body type. I am a person and I am attractive based on the sum of everything, not just my physical appearance.

I have never been drawn to an attractive guy. I've never looked at someone and said "oh he's hot. I want to date him!". I will absolutely look and admire someone's appearance... but there's got to be more to the story than a nice body and a pretty face. Otherwise, I'm not interested.
  • LilRedRooster
    LilRedRooster Posts: 1,421 Member
    Options
    Muscles are equated with physical strength. They are simply a physical manifestation that happens when a body is asked to work hard. Muscles mean a body can make changes in the world, and make those changes in a strong, independent way. That's all. They aren't masculine, ugly, or anything else. They exist to move the body, and get things done, regardless of whether they're attached to a man or woman.

Which is why it's ridiculous that women can't be considered "feminine" if they have them, because that equates femininity with a lack of strength, and an inability to get things done physically. Which really keeps a woman in their place, when you consider the implications of being unable to physically perform work for themselves and be independent that way.

And people say that society considers men and women equal..
  • Krissy366
    Krissy366 Posts: 458 Member
    Options
    I think that it is naive to say that you shouldn't care about what other people think. People naturally judge others based on appearance, and so first impressions are very important in friends, dating, and the job market. I am not ashamed to say that I care about what others think. I asked this question just because I was surprised as a former athlete who is trying to get back to a six pack.

I don't think it's naive at all. Not caring what other people think is one more way to be secure and confident. I have been overweight my entire adult life, and yet I have never suffered from lack of friends, I've been gainfully employed since I was 16 years old (20+ years now), I've dated and loved and am now happily married. And I've haven't been smaller than a size 16 since I hit puberty.

But I can say without question that I don't give a flying fig what anyone THINKS about my weight or my appearance or anything that is superficial and unrelated to the kind of human being I am - which isn't to say that it can't be hurtful when people have said cruel things or acted badly toward me for reasons related to my weight - but those instances are few and far between in my world, even when I was at my heaviest at 260. And quite frankly those things say more to the character of the other person than they do about me. A co-worker of mine has a sign in her office that says, "What other people think about you is none of your business." I subscribe to that theory - I just don't care.

I'm here now because I want to improve me. It has nothing to do with anyone else (with the exception of wanting to enjoy a more active lifestyle with my husband). My goals are determined by me, and me alone. I doubt I'll go the six pack route for myself but I think you should go for it. I applaud anyone who goes for what they want and is comfortable in their own skin, no matter what they look like. Live life for you, not the rest of the world.
  • Krissy366
    Krissy366 Posts: 458 Member
    Options
    edited to eliminate double post.
  • BrianSharpe
    BrianSharpe Posts: 9,248 Member
    Options
    Attractive is a very subjective word, the real question is whether or not she is happy with the way her body looks.
  • IronPlayground
    IronPlayground Posts: 1,594 Member
    Options

^^^This! Fit, healthy, and athletic is my goal. I DO NOT, however, wanna look like Chyna (the female pro wrestler)... :noway:

None of these women look like Chyna:

http://youtu.be/vCiCgTYax58
  • victoria4321
    victoria4321 Posts: 1,719 Member
    Options
    I wonder if it's a regional thing...I know a few women who work out a ton and have lots of muscles and they get PLENTY of attention. To the point where one of them wears headphones all the time at the gym because guys kept hitting on her. (This is a 140 pound, 5'2" girl who does chin ups with a 35# weight attached to her belt)
    Yuppp same reason I wear my headphones at the gym. I always joke around and say I have a little fan club there :laugh:

The other day I was teaching some guys how to do deadlifts.
  • MoveTheMountain
    Options
    So, a few weeks ago I was hosting a party and was talking amongst a bunch of people (both men and women, mid twenties). I was flipping through facebook and noticed one of the girls that I used to play volleyball with. She has amazing abs (like a true 6 pack), nice breasts, and an overall amazing body in my opinion. When I showed the picture to my friends, the reaction I got was surprising. Everyone thought that she was "too muscled" to have a sexually attractive body. What really astonished me was that the guys in the group found her abs revolting, and said that a flat stomach is nice, but that they would prefer a little pudge to defined abs.

So my question is, what do you think? Are defined women too masculine to be considered "sexy" in the societal normative way? Why or why not?

For me, yes - very attractive. But everyone is different. There's no single formula. I think the real answer is, each person should be the person that they want to be - including their level of muscularity - and don't give a second thought to the people who aren't attracted to them, but focus on the people that are. If a person is who they're 'supposed' to be, and happy about it, then that energy will come through, and they'll have no problem finding their soul mate.
  • MoveTheMountain
    Options

Sure, care about what people think... but be very careful whose opinion it is you care about. Not everyone has your best interest at heart - some people can give bad feedback out of jealousy, envy, who knows. Take all outside opinions with a grain of salt, and make your own final decision. It's also possible that someone that really does want what's best for you to give you horrible advice. At the end of the day, you're the one living inside your body, so you need to be the one happy with it. If that doesn't sit well with everyone in your circle, either modfiy your circle, or just agree to disagree about it.

When people say you shouldn't care about what other people think, what they're really getting at is, keep your actions consistent with what's in your heart; and don't let someone else's opinion steer you in a direction that you don't want to go, or feel isn't right for you. If you truly don't have a foundation about where you think you should be, I recommend giving it a lot of thought, and take your time before you make any final decisions. Also, the path to self discovery is paved with potholes and broken glass - it's part of the journey. But you owe it to yourself to figure out for you what is best for you. Then, the outside advice just becomes data points: you can listen to them, consider them, and maybe even change your mind. But you're doing it from a stable foundation, and you're making the changes for the right reasons.
  • jcstanton
    jcstanton Posts: 1,849 Member
    Options
    I like muscle on a girl but there can definitely be too much on a girl I do not like the bulky body builder type muscle that is so well defined you can't tell if the girl has pecks or boobs. :) sorry But I love a girl with some definition

^^^This! Fit, healthy, and athletic is my goal. I DO NOT, however, wanna look like Chyna (the female pro wrestler)... :noway:

You will NEVER look like Chyna, she uses steroids, women do not have enough testosterone to look like that without gear.

Yes, I know, but there are women out there who aspire to look like that, so they are willing to use the steroids to get there. I'm more or less using her as an extreme example of crossing the line from looking athletic, but feminine, to trying to look like a man.
  • victoria4321
    victoria4321 Posts: 1,719 Member
    Options

You will NEVER look like Chyna, she uses steroids, women do not have enough testosterone to look like that without gear.

Yes, I know, but there are women out there who aspire to look like that, so they are willing to use the steroids to get there. I'm more or less using her as an extreme example of crossing the line from looking athletic, but feminine, to trying to look like a man.

That sector of women who want to do that are so small that it isn't even relevant, so why even mention it? The OP person mentioned a volleyball player, not a wrestler on steroids.

Have you seen what these volleyball girls are working with btw??

SuperStock_4115-3381.jpg

sexy-volleyball-*kitten*-03.jpg

yeahhh please find me a man who has a problem with that. Then find me a women who doesn't wanna be that :wink:
  • zippo32
    zippo32 Posts: 1,419 Member
    Options
    SO attractive.................
  • volleypc
    volleypc Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    Does a one legged duck swim in a circle? Heck yes they are...