Are muscled/defined women attractive?

Options

Replies

• bettyboop573
    bettyboop573 Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    Attractive is a very subjective word, the real question is whether or not she is happy with the way her body looks.

agreed :) we are all going to have different opinions on what is attractive lol personally i hope so since i have muscles...but then again I am happy with it :)
  • Kanohane
    Kanohane Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    I think most men want a "softer" looking woman...I'm not into getting muscles nor do /i like them on females. I just want to be tone, and I can't deny alot girls with abs do look good and better than me lol....but "I" just don't like them...
  • jcstanton
    jcstanton Posts: 1,849 Member
    Options
    I like muscle on a girl but there can definitely be too much on a girl I do not like the bulky body builder type muscle that is so well defined you can't tell if the girl has pecks or boobs. :) sorry But I love a girl with some definition

^^^This! Fit, healthy, and athletic is my goal. I DO NOT, however, wanna look like Chyna (the female pro wrestler)... :noway:

You will NEVER look like Chyna, she uses steroids, women do not have enough testosterone to look like that without gear.

Yes, I know, but there are women out there who aspire to look like that, so they are willing to use the steroids to get there. I'm more or less using her as an extreme example of crossing the line from looking athletic, but feminine, to trying to look like a man.

That sector of women who want to do that are so small that it isn't even relevant, so why even mention it? The OP person mentioned a volleyball player, not a wrestler on steroids.

Have you seen what these volleyball girls are working with btw??

SuperStock_4115-3381.jpg

sexy-volleyball-*kitten*-03.jpg

yeahhh please find me a man who has a problem with that. Then find me a women who doesn't wanna be that :wink:

I didn't quote the OP in my first comment. I was agreeing with something another poster said....you can cross a line with the muscles thing, even without steroids. Obviously, you won't look as extreme as Chyna without steroids, but you can still go too far. I didn't say anything even remotely antagonistic. Why does it feel like you're trying to pick a fight with me? I even said I WANT to look like an athlete, I just don't have any desire to look like I have pecs instead of boobs. I have no problem with women who look like those in the photos you posted. Heck, I don't even have a problem with women who want to look like Chyna...it's just NOT what I want for MYSELF, because, in my opinion, it's crossing the line from athletic, yet feminine, to looking too masculine.
  • GaidenJade
    GaidenJade Posts: 171
    Options
    [/quote]

I don't think it's naive at all. Not caring what other people think is one more way to be secure and confident. I have been overweight my entire adult life, and yet I have never suffered from lack of friends, I've been gainfully employed since I was 16 years old (20+ years now), I've dated and loved and am now happily married. And I've haven't been smaller than a size 16 since I hit puberty.

But I can say without question that I don't give a flying fig what anyone THINKS about my weight or my appearance or anything that is superficial and unrelated to the kind of human being I am - which isn't to say that it can't be hurtful when people have said cruel things or acted badly toward me for reasons related to my weight - but those instances are few and far between in my world, even when I was at my heaviest at 260. And quite frankly those things say more to the character of the other person than they do about me. A co-worker of mine has a sign in her office that says, "What other people think about you is none of your business." I subscribe to that theory - I just don't care.

I'm here now because I want to improve me. It has nothing to do with anyone else (with the exception of wanting to enjoy a more active lifestyle with my husband). My goals are determined by me, and me alone. I doubt I'll go the six pack route for myself but I think you should go for it. I applaud anyone who goes for what they want and is comfortable in their own skin, no matter what they look like. Live life for you, not the rest of the world.
    [/quote]

^^^^^^ LOVE this! I totally agree. :flowerforyou:

If others don't like it, I don't care.
  • hdroddy
    hdroddy Posts: 122
    Options
    You betcha. Looks hot. And when you think about the determination, dedication, motivation, and sheer hard work it took to get them? Not easy for a woman to get that definition. A bit of definition is very nice.
  • Elizabeth_C34
    Elizabeth_C34 Posts: 6,376 Member
    Options
    I think that it is naive to say that you shouldn't care about what other people think. People naturally judge others based on appearance, and so first impressions are very important in friends, dating, and the job market. I am not ashamed to say that I care about what others think. I asked this question just because I was surprised as a former athlete who is trying to get back to a six pack.

I disagree with the idea that first impressions are important in friends, dating, and the job market. First impressions are just that... first impressions. One should try to present a pleasant, appealing front, but if the potential friend, date, or hiring professional doesn't then look past superficial appearances... they aren't worth my time. I am not an appearance. I am not a body type. I am a person and I am attractive based on the sum of everything, not just my physical appearance.

I have never been drawn to an attractive guy. I've never looked at someone and said "oh he's hot. I want to date him!". I will absolutely look and admire someone's appearance... but there's got to be more to the story than a nice body and a pretty face. Otherwise, I'm not interested.

A bad attitude can be a massive turnoff initially no matter how pretty you are. We've all met people who were stuckup snobs with a pretty face and a nice body. They become instantly unattractive and unappealing because of the attitude. If you're positive, pleasant, and take the time to take care of yourself (dress well, nice hair, nice makeup, etc.), people will, generally, respond positively to you. Of course being beautiful and positive is even better, but not all of us will stand up to society's view of beautiful.

Good post Labrat!
  • victoria4321
    victoria4321 Posts: 1,719 Member
    Options

I didn't quote the OP in my first comment. I was agreeing with something another poster said....you can cross a line with the muscles thing, even without steroids. Obviously, you won't look as extreme as Chyna without steroids, but you can still go too far. I didn't say anything even remotely antagonistic. Why does it feel like you're trying to pick a fight with me? I even said I WANT to look like an athlete, I just don't have any desire to look like I have pecs instead of boobs. I have no problem with women who look like those in the photos you posted. Heck, I don't even have a problem with women who want to look like Chyna...it's just NOT what I want for MYSELF, because, in my opinion, it's crossing the line from athletic, yet feminine, to looking too masculine.

I'm not quite sure why you would feel as if anyone was trying to pick a fight with you. Perhaps you're being too sensitive? I guess a picture of a natural athletic women who has gone too far would help me see what kind of look you're describing. I've never seen a highly competitive athlete not look muscular. From track and field, gymnastics, and other sports, at the very competitive levels you're gonna see some serious muscle definition. So for you to say you want to look like an athlete doesn't make sense. Also having "pecs" instead of boobs is mostly from the women just having small breasts. All women have chest muscles. I guess all those girls can always get implants though.
  • amnski
    amnski Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    I sure as hell hope they are! I worked my butt/fat off for my body and abs not only do I think they are sexy, I haven't had a person tell me it was to much...yet. I think for is sexy way more than skinny fat any day
  • Rae6503
    Rae6503 Posts: 6,294 Member
    Options
    I want to be muscled/defined. I like the look and the feel. As an added bonus my husband also finds it attractive.

"Other people's opinion of me is none of my business."
  • heagler870
    heagler870 Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    I find it hot! I am not attracted to women in a sexual way but I love to admire a woman's body that is chiseled. It's a testament to her hard work. I mean, women are meant to have muscles too! Otherwise we wouldn't have muscles! So why not put them to damn good use? Anywho, that is what I am striving to get to one day. 12-17% body fat one day. I want to be lean and muscular. I know now people reject me now for being fat. Oh well! Tough cookie! When I get down to where I want to be people are going to reject me for being lean and muscular! Tough cookie! I'm damned if I do and damned if I don't! As long as I am happy about the way I look, screw what anyone else thinks!
  • _the_feniks_
    _the_feniks_ Posts: 3,443 Member
    Options
    I like my women like I like my cars, with flowing lines and gorgeous curves. That being said, I find hard lines attractive too. I just prefer one a bit more than the other.
  • debussyschild
    debussyschild Posts: 804 Member
    Options
    Sexy is subjective! Whatever you think is sexy, IS sexy!
  • Leslie85
    Leslie85 Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    I admire women who are able to achieve this, but I prefer to be somewhat toned, with some curves.
  • hiker282
    hiker282 Posts: 983 Member
    Options
    Attractive to who is the question. It seems like women largely have this weird idea that muscles aren't sexy, but men love them.

Words cannot express how hot this is to me

sexy-fit-women-17.jpg

She has muscle curves which are much more attractive than fat curves.
  • JennieAL
    JennieAL Posts: 1,726 Member
    Options
    Sexy is subjective! Whatever you think is sexy, IS sexy!

This is true. The person is sexy. Not the muscle so much on its own.
  • JennieAL
    JennieAL Posts: 1,726 Member
    Options
    Attractive to who is the question. It seems like women largely have this weird idea that muscles aren't sexy, but men love them.

sexy-fit-women-17.jpg

Uh. For men... the pose alone is enough. Lol. And the bright colors.
  • hiker282
    hiker282 Posts: 983 Member
    Options

True, but if she were vertical, the muscles are amazing and don't make her any less of a woman, but more of one if you ask me.
  • Angie_1MR
    Angie_1MR Posts: 247
    Options

sexy-fit-women-17.jpg

HA HA HA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! PERFECT REPLY!!! 10/10
  • Krissy366
    Krissy366 Posts: 458 Member
    Options
    You had me at:
    True, but if she were vertical, the muscles are amazing and don't make her any less of a woman

And lost me at:
    but more of one if you ask me.

Using your example just cause it's there, but saying it makes her "more of a woman" implies that others are "less" because they don't match her personal drive/body preference/etc. Can we all PLEASE stop saying that women aren't women when they don't meet some specific criteria that has nothing to do with whether or not a woman is a woman. It's all good to have personal preference for what your ideal woman (or man) would look like/be like, but the rest of the women are still women. The human population is so varied and diverse, to limit the vision of what makes a person a woman (or a man) is ridiculous.