Are muscled/defined women attractive?

Options

Replies

• Elizabeth_C34
    Elizabeth_C34 Posts: 6,376 Member
    Options
    Check out this thread: It's gone for almost 80 pages: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/626922-hot-women-with-muscles
  • victoria4321
    victoria4321 Posts: 1,719 Member
    Options
    If the chick looks like she may give me some go in a fight, the answer is no.

Unless you have a habit of trying to beat women, I don't see how this would even be an issue :huh:

I feel like most strong and well built men have little issue with dating a strong and fit women. The guy's in my gym love the rare strong women who come to the weight room and work out with them. It's the little wimpy guys (sorry!) that have the biggest issue with their girl being in great shape. It's understandable too. I wouldn't date a guy who is weaker than me so I get why a guy wouldn't date a girl who can out-lift him at the gym.
  • Just_Dot
    Just_Dot Posts: 2,289 Member
    Options
    Elizabeth, I puffy heart you.

I am so tired of these threads.

I know, I know, why did I come in here? And WHY did I feel the need to comment?

Because.

The body hatred that has been pervading the boards has got to stop. As if young women didn't have enough problems with self -esteem and body image... Will today's adolescents also have to worry about being too muscley?

Can't we work to accept and love women's bodies, regardless of the muscle or not? If females here are striving to get/be their healthiest, can't we be okay with that?

SMH.
  • Iam918
    Iam918 Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    i think its HOT, the determination, sweat, tears, effort, accountability, self discipline, its all hot!!!! i admire the women at the gym who look like beef cakes.

^^ This! very very sexy!

See Jamie Eason /drool
  • TheBigBoots
    TheBigBoots Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Women should stop caring what others think of their bodies and worry about being fit and healthy and living their best life possible. I can appreciate wanting to be attractive, but the truth is that it doesn't matter if you're lean and fit, have abs, have flab, have rolls. Someone is going to find you attractive, and someone is going to find you unattractive. Be who you want to be. Let the rest of the world judge as they see fit.

FWIW, I think women who are fit are incredibly admirable and beautiful from the inside out. Same goes for women who make their health and fitness a priority in life even if they aren't ripped.

Yeah, but WAY MORE people will find you attractive if you don't have rolls. Just sayin.

And what is your point? Why do women care so damn much what other people think? Is this a popularity contest or life?

I think that it is naive to say that you shouldn't care about what other people think. People naturally judge others based on appearance, and so first impressions are very important in friends, dating, and the job market. I am not ashamed to say that I care about what others think. I asked this question just because I was surprised as a former athlete who is trying to get back to a six pack.

You are right. People judge based on looks, but that doesn't mean that you should spend your life worried about what people think of the way you look or change your goals based on somebody saying they think muscled chicks are gross. Even beautiful people will have people that find them unattractive. If you want to be an athlete and get your 6 pack back, do it. Let the rest of the world or your friends judge as they want. The people who really support you and care about supporting you in reaching your goals will be all for it. You'll look amazing, and you'll feel amazing for hitting your goals.

It's not about how MANY people will find that attractive, but the quality of people that do. People who care about YOU will be in your corner no matter what. Focus on their opinions.

I like the cut of your jib, Elizabeth_C34. :)

I just happened to read this tread today, which I think says it all:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/626995-something-to-think-about-gender-and-insecurity

Bottom line: I don't get people who don't find strength and confidence sexy. Guess I'm just weird like that. Whateves y'all. :)
  • victoria4321
    Options
    I'm actually curious to know how many women actually think lifting weights will give them an automatic six pack? I don't think people realize how hard it is for a woman to get that lean and the amount of work required to get to that point. I feel like people think if they lift weight they'll just have a 6 pack and big man muscles over night.
  • meerkat70
    meerkat70 Posts: 4,616 Member
    Options

You generally get into physical fights with the women you're in a relationship with?
  • mrob81
    mrob81 Posts: 36
    Options

Unless you have a habit of trying to beat women, I don't see how this would even be an issue :huh:

I feel like most strong and well built men have little issue with dating a strong and fit women. The guy's in my gym love the rare strong women who come to the weight room and work out with them. It's the little wimpy guys (sorry!) that have the biggest issue with their girl being in great shape. It's understandable too. I wouldn't date a guy who is weaker than me so I get why a guy wouldn't date a girl who can out-lift him at the gym.

lol. This is an opinion based question. I am a pretty big dude. For a chick to look like she can give me some go, she is a lot bigger than the average female. I already get enough problems being bigger than most people I encounter. I don't want to tag team it with some buff girl on my hip as well. Imagine having dinner with a WWE wrestler and one of those WWE chicks. UNCOMFORTABLE.
  • victoria4321
    Options

lol. This is an opinion based question. I am a pretty big dude. For a chick to look like she can give me some go, she is a lot bigger than the average female. I already get enough problems being bigger than most people I encounter. I don't want to tag team it with some buff girl on my hip as well. Imagine having dinner with a WWE wrestler and one of those WWE chicks. UNCOMFORTABLE.

She'd have to be on steroids too so I'm sure other issues could be involved as well. I based this more on a low bf% defined woman, not really one with big steroid induced muscles :flowerforyou:

I just thought it was a little strange a guy would worry about physically fighting a women. It just seems like its happened before lol
  • runnercheryl
    runnercheryl Posts: 1,314 Member
    Options
    I don't find muscle on other people that attractive, male or female. A defined, muscled body type is the least attractive to me. However, I do like a bit of definition on my own body. Not enough to want a six-pack or anything to that level, but as I've lost weight and got fitter (I'm still very overweight) I've found that I really like my defined calves and the 'v' shape that's appearing on my abdomen, along with the faintest central line. I don't want to have really obvious muscle, but I'm enjoying this definition and looking forward to seeing it more once remaining fat is gone. I'm a bit of a hypocrite.
  • mrob81
    Options

You generally get into physical fights with the women you're in a relationship with?

Yes. And I am tired of losing, so I stopped dating chicks that were stronger than me. I joined this site because I wanted to turn my life around!
    :indifferent:
  • SiempreBella
    SiempreBella Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    Heck, yes it is sexy! I wonder how many guys are actually jealous because they don't have the disciplined, determination andwork ethic to reach the fitness level she has.
  • victoria4321
    Options
    Heck, yes it is sexy! I wonder how many guys are actually jealous because they don't have the disciplined, determination andwork ethic to reach the fitness level she has.

I think its possible that it's many. I dated a guy a few years ago and had him come to the gym with me. He was destroyed in just the warm up and wanted to leave after like 5 minutes cause he was embarrassed. I wasn't even that strong, all I was doing was playing soccer and going to the gym once a week.

Personally, I don't think there is ever any reason for a man to not be physically stronger than a woman. Its not to say women are weak but a mans potential as far as physical strength goes is just so much higher. A guy casually going to the gym can get pretty strong without that much effort really so for him to be weak just shows pure laziness. *

*This only applies if everything is done naturally and everyone is in good health.
  • LauraJo08
    LauraJo08 Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    To the posters preaching female body acceptance: I definitely agree, women in America need to stop hating their bodies, it has become epidemic.

That said, I never claimed to dislike my body now, nor will I hate it if I am "ripped" and men are intimidated by that. I didn't intend for this thread to hate on muscled women or those who are not muscled. It was simply an opinion question with a follow-up of why? I have found it interesting that a lot of people admire the dedication that is obviously below the surface of a women with a low body fat, because that is most likely indicative of other positive qualities. I also have appreciated comments explaining why they don't personally find this body type attractive. It provides perspective.
  • mrob81
    Options

She'd have to be on steroids too so I'm sure other issues could be involved as well. I based this more on a low bf% defined woman, not really one with big steroid induced muscles :flowerforyou:

I just thought it was a little strange a guy would worry about physically fighting a women. It just seems like its happened before lol

Lol. Women that workout hard are hot. That "give me some go" line works a lot better when out with friends and an actual muscle chick walks into the room. Lesson learned. :wink:
  • Elizabeth_C34
    Elizabeth_C34 Posts: 6,376 Member
    Options
    To the posters preaching female body acceptance: I definitely agree, women in America need to stop hating their bodies, it has become epidemic.

That said, I never claimed to dislike my body now, nor will I hate it if I am "ripped" and men are intimidated by that. I didn't intend for this thread to hate on muscled women or those who are not muscled. It was simply an opinion question with a follow-up of why? I have found it interesting that a lot of people admire the dedication that is obviously below the surface of a women with a low body fat, because that is most likely indicative of other positive qualities. I also have appreciated comments explaining why they don't personally find this body type attractive. It provides perspective.

Sorry if I came off as preachy, but sadly, threads like these usually turn into a body-bashing-fest against muscled fit women. A lot of us who have been here a while have seen it and have strong opinions about it. I've seen some of my friends here be hurt and insulted before by people who tend to gravitate to these threads to tell us all how gross and disgusting they find women with muscle. There is a subculture here that seems to bash anyone skinny or fit while bashing of someone who is obese or overweight is frowned upon.

I still stand by original statement, however, that it doesn't really matter. You'll probably get a lot of people on here saying that they find it unattractive and several saying otherwise. It's just like Rubybelle's comparison of blonde versus brunette versus redhead.
  • blonde71
    blonde71 Posts: 955 Member
    Options

Sorry if I came off as preachy, but sadly, threads like these usually turn into a body-bashing-fest against muscled fit women. A lot of us who have been here a while have seen it and have strong opinions about it. I've seen some of my friends here be hurt and insulted before by people who tend to gravitate to these threads to tell us all how gross and disgusting they find women with muscle. There is a subculture here that seems to bash anyone skinny or fit while bashing of someone who is obese or overweight is frowned upon.

I still stand by original statement, however, that it doesn't really matter. You'll probably get a lot of people on here saying that they find it unattractive and several saying otherwise. It's just like Rubybelle's comparison of blonde versus brunette versus redhead.

^^^^^Amen to that!!!
  • Cold_Steel
    Cold_Steel Posts: 897 Member
    Options
    These threads are right up there with...

Do you think moles are sexy ?

Every one has their own perception of attraction. Me, personally I have been attracted to muscled woman and I have NOT been attracted to muscled women, I have been attracted to heavier women and I have NOT been attracted to heavier women, I have dated girls that around 100lbs I have dated girls in the 250 range.

Certain people are going to preferences, that is a matter of life.

There is no magic, no guarantee formula that will attract a dude to you, no matter what you look like there will always be a guy who thinks you are drop dead gorgeous and another who thinks you are a monster.

You have a vagina, that is a good start for most men...
  • Cold_Steel
    Cold_Steel Posts: 897 Member
    Options
    Oh Geebus its late, grammar is suffering. Please don't call the internet police, I will pistol whip you.
  • blonde71
    blonde71 Posts: 955 Member
    Options
    You have a vagina, that is a good start for most men...

LMAO!!!!! So true.....