Are muscled/defined women attractive?

Options

Replies

• suziecue66
    suziecue66 Posts: 1,312 Member
    Options
    Sexy, seductive, sensual...etc. For average women- those women who say it is not - are lazy enough to have that kind of goal/fintess and those men who who say it is not- are themselves not muscular. Well, not included in my universe are the professional female bodybuilders!

More than anything else- it is reflection of commitment and hard work!

Not true its not about laziness. Its just personal preference. Its definitely commitment and hardwork.
  • FitBunnyEm
    FitBunnyEm Posts: 320
    Options
    Sexy, seductive, sensual...etc. For average women- those women who say it is not - are lazy enough to have that kind of goal/fintess and those men who who say it is not- are themselves not muscular. Well, not included in my universe are the professional female bodybuilders!

More than anything else- it is reflection of commitment and hard work!
    agree with above totally, personally i think women which are very muscley do look amazing as they must have worked so hard, ok so some do go over the top..it wouldnt suit myself, even though i find it would be an amazing goal, but i do like it and think some women look fab.
  • HMVOL7409
    HMVOL7409 Posts: 1,588 Member
    Options
    I live in one of the most obese cities and states; so do you think I am really going to care what society thinks of me having some muscle? Absolutely not.

To each their own. I don't care for the steroid induced, body building women; nor do I find that attractive on men either. But to me women with with muscle are beautiful and I rather be strong than soft any day.
  • mikeyrp
    mikeyrp Posts: 1,616 Member
    Options
    Short answer: Yes.

Long answer: Yes, but I think healthy looking = attractive. This includes quite a big range of weights, sizes and shapes and doesn't make defined muscles or being super skinny a pre-requisite.
  • wcasie
    wcasie Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    I think some men might feel threatened. They don't want to get beat up by a girl lol.
  • rybo
    rybo Posts: 5,424 Member
    Options
    Yes, but it all boils down to the individual. Some muscled women might look fantastic, others maybe not to such. It all depends.
  • dad106
    dad106 Posts: 4,868 Member
    Options
    Personally, I think all the "beauty is on the inside" crap is pretty ridiculous. Physical beauty is on the outside. Period. I'm glad you are a great person and everything, but that doesn't mean you are beautiful. Sorry. That's just the way it is. If you want to be attractive, you can't be fat. Sure, some people will find you attractive, but that is like saying a poor American is successful in Ethiopia.

Let the angry repsonses begin!

Agreed!

A lot of my friends are busy wondering why can't I get a man, why can't this happen blah blah blah.. and it's because they dress sloppy and don't take any pride in their appearance... and it always makes me laugh when they complain.

To OP:
    Muscles.. no muscles... makes no difference to me.
  • contingencyplan
    contingencyplan Posts: 3,639 Member
    Options
    Personally I dig the look of athletically built girls with some obvious muscle.
  • Curvimami
    Curvimami Posts: 1,853 Member
    Options
    So, a few weeks ago I was hosting a party and was talking amongst a bunch of people (both men and women, mid twenties). I was flipping through facebook and noticed one of the girls that I used to play volleyball with. She has amazing abs (like a true 6 pack), nice breasts, and an overall amazing body in my opinion. When I showed the picture to my friends, the reaction I got was surprising. Everyone thought that she was "too muscled" to have a sexually attractive body. What really astonished me was that the guys in the group found her abs revolting, and said that a flat stomach is nice, but that they would prefer a little pudge to defined abs.

So my question is, what do you think? Are defined women too masculine to be considered "sexy" in the societal normative way? Why or why not?

I think its very sexy. However I would pick someone with a softer, curvier look if I had to pick. I think the dedication to the cause is what makes a muscular woman sexy. Its alot harder for a woman to lose enough body fat that muscle is so evident. Broad shoulder a tight waist. legs and bum are nothing to be mad at.lol
  • amy1612
    amy1612 Posts: 1,356 Member
    Options
    Oh Elizabeth I <3 you a little bit and totally agree. Love that hot women thread, thats awesome!

I was never a huge fan of super ripped women until I started to get more muscluar myself. For the first time I have started to gain what I would call an 'athletic' body..my shoulders are broader than my hips, and I LOVE it. I wouldnt say that I think a womens bodybuilder body is 'hot' to me, but I find what it represents super hot...dedication, hard work, etc, and strength. Gotta love a strong woman. My friend from the gym made up a little song
    for me, its called 'baby got traps' :wink:

On a side note, my partner isnt a fan of muscular women, and I know hes not a huge fan of my muscular arms, but I think a lot of that is down to him not wanting me to look stronger than him. Im not, and probably wont ever be, but I do like the very subtle competitive streak it brings out in him...hes started working out more,and though he might not love my shoulders like I do, he encourages me and supports my training. I think that thats great, Im gonna keep going and try to improve my body and fitness, and its making him do the same with his. Wins all round.
  • danbradley1970
    danbradley1970 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I think itsgoing to depend on how defined, at rest and during moderate activity.....true body builder ripped muscle....no I prefer not.
  • PJ64
    PJ64 Posts: 866 Member
    Options
    As most of the replies have alluded to.......beauty is in the eye of the beholder. You thought she looked good so that's all that really matters and you should tell her she looks good!
  • BeckiCharlotte13x
    BeckiCharlotte13x Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    too me, as a girl, and as what I find attractive in myself... low body fat is a yes... Definition is a yes... Muscle is a no...

I want to be slim and I would like to have slight definition so that I am not wobbling around all over the place... I can't think of anything worse for myself, then having a six pack etc.
  • ironanimal
    ironanimal Posts: 5,922 Member
    Options
    Personally, yes. Upper arms and thighs a little more muscular than the social norm is hot to me, especially at lower bodyfat.
  • bettyboop573
    bettyboop573 Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    Women should stop caring what others think of their bodies and worry about being fit and healthy and living their best life possible. I can appreciate wanting to be attractive, but the truth is that it doesn't matter if you're lean and fit, have abs, have flab, have rolls. Someone is going to find you attractive, and someone is going to find you unattractive. Be who you want to be. Let the rest of the world judge as they see fit.

FWIW, I think women who are fit are incredibly admirable and beautiful from the inside out. Same goes for women who make their health and fitness a priority in life even if they aren't ripped.

this gets my vote!!!!
  • MLgarcia3
    MLgarcia3 Posts: 503
    Options
    I think figure and bikini body types are HOT.. I would love a 6 pack and think I'd look just fine with one :wink:
  • placebomonkey
    placebomonkey Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    To me a physically fit body is attractive and a sign that someone takes pride in themselves. I find myself attracted to both men and woman with a physically fit physic :D
  • tdm2592
    tdm2592 Posts: 30
    Options
    Defined abs on a woman are very sexy. The discipline and dedication required to get there is something I admire. Not a fan of the body builder type that looks more like a man.
  • Phrak
    Phrak Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    Muscles on women are hot, takes a lot of work to get there. Shows desire and dedication which is a sexy trait.
  • LoraF83
    LoraF83 Posts: 15,694 Member
    Options
    IMO, I think it is amazing. Society? Who knows. Our society has some really warped ways of thinking..

Exactly. You're talking about the people who have made the Kardashians famous......not exactly who I'm looking towards to validate my existence or my body.